Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

thats it i've had it!!!

2K views 33 replies 23 participants last post by  garboui 
#1 ·
even thoiugh i am almost 19 and no longer a minor i am putting myself up for adoption to anyone that lives somewhere where i can ride all year round as in no snow and shitty weather, but also has to be cool enough in the summer that i dont pass out or at least it be a dry heat. unfortunately all i would have to offer is my expertise of being youre full time personal mechanic from my aquired skills of being a shop whench for several years and also a job that i will be sacrificing to ride.

all of this shitty freeze thaw cant make up its mind weather has made trails too shitty to ride and roads too salty to bike with snowbanks redycing the width.

so would somebody please adopt me and help feed my passion or just nock me out into comatos until its bike season again.

thankyou for reading my non bikingness winter shaddy weather i want to just go for a funken ride rant.

#5 ·
What's winter?

garboui said:
thankyou for reading my non bikingness winter shaddy weather i want to just go for a funken ride rant.
Winter isn't a good reason not to ride, just an excuse. Get out there and ride anyway. Heck, your 19 year-old body sure as hell can take it more so than my aging 35 yearoldkneeshurtlikehellbaldfatcorporateselloutmanagementjobcommuteinsingledigittemperature body can. Wow, I'm starting to sound like you :eek:

#6 ·
Here's a suggestion: use all of your free time in the winter - since you can't ride (dunno why though) - to study up on some spelling and grammar. It'll really help your rants look more professional.

I agree with 2farfwd...hush up and get out there! If you really wanted to, you'd find a way.

#9 ·
I am also 18 and I have been riding the whole winter, and I like it alot. I think that it makes you a better rider, because the ice and snow teaches you how to handle your bike better without breaking your arse. The snow on my trail today was too heavy and deep and you didn't get anywhere so I decided to ride the road, and I did 3.5 miles on the roads in 20 degree weather. I also have a race coming up that is on a lake in February, and I can't wait. So all I say is get out and get some studs and enjoy the winter as much as you can.
Dave

#11 ·
to some of you that have said my grammar is bad i go to school full time and have to watch my grammar and spelling all day after that i am too dam lazy to make an internet rant sound elouquent and be gramatically correct.

and to the people that say to just ride. the thing is, is that i usually do just keep riding through the winter but lately the weather will be 10*c then the next 0*with freexing rain to sleet. then the ext day it can go down into -20c which isnt all that bad to ride in as long as there is at least 2 inches down but then when i think its all good it will half melt the next day and then freeze. well see for youreself http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/cities/can/pages/CAON0538.htm look back in the archives the last couple of weeks.

and just to prove that im not scared of winter riding i was out at 8AM in -20*C the day after boxingday crunching through 7" of powder with a 1" crust on top. look up dec27 in the link of my local weather as proof.

#14 ·
garboui said:
to some of you that have said my grammar is bad i go to school full time and have to watch my grammar and spelling all day after that i am too dam lazy to make an internet rant sound elouquent and be gramatically correct.
That's a relief. In the first post it sounded like you misspelled "shop wench"! You had me concerned there but then maybe that's what oldbroad was hoping for.
Hey, we have generally kick arse weather in the South. Atlanta traffic sucks though - maybe you could be somebody's personal chauffer.

#15 ·
Wow, been there.....

I get that feeling once in a while, sometimes, being cold just gets on your nerves. I especially despise the winter months, but there's not much I can do other than move, which is not an option at this point in time.

Thanks to my trusty VCR, and tons of trash on tv these days, my indoor trainer + my utility road bike keep me satisfied.

Here's the best part. After you spin on a trainer for a few weeks, and finally realize how boring it is, and how hot you get no matter what you do, you'll crave to go outside in the fresh air, no matter how cold it is.......

It's all about trying to trick yourself into thinking that the harsh winter is actually BETTER than the alternatives.

#16 ·
I'm up here in the "Angry Mitten" (Michigan) and I know exactly what you're talking about. I will ride in 15 below weather or 6 inches of snow, but when the weather alternates between snow, rain, freeze, thaw etc. you can't just go out and trash the muddy trails. Looks like we might get some good consistent below freezing weather this weekend. After a bunch of rain, snow & sleet, it might just be time to break out the studs.

#17 ·
Hey man I knnow where you're coming from (even though I live in the Caribbean :D ) my mum lives in Edmonton and they have horrible winters sometimes. But this sounds like a good oportunity to take up some cross-training and more specifically Ice Hockey - it's great excercise and very good at relieving stress and it sounds like you're living somewhere that it'd be popular. 'Taint always sunny in the sunny places, we get rain too.

#18 ·
Me too!

Evin tho Im almost 36 I'm sic uv wurkin and payin billz and raizin a familie.
Can sumwun adopt me and take me to Moab so I kin ride all day long?

garboui said:
even thoiugh i am almost 19 and no longer a minor i am putting myself up for adoption to anyone that lives somewhere where i can ride all year round as in no snow and shitty weather, but also has to be cool enough in the summer that i dont pass out or at least it be a dry heat. unfortunately all i would have to offer is my expertise of being youre full time personal mechanic from my aquired skills of being a shop whench for several years and also a job that i will be sacrificing to ride.

all of this shitty freeze thaw cant make up its mind weather has made trails too shitty to ride and roads too salty to bike with snowbanks redycing the width.

so would somebody please adopt me and help feed my passion or just nock me out into comatos until its bike season again.

#20 ·
Burpee said:
Evin tho Im almost 36 I'm sic uv wurkin and payin billz and raizin a familie.
Can sumwun adopt me and take me to Moab so I kin ride all day long?
You know what Damnit, ME TOO. I'm 35 and sick of this working and just having to pay it right back out for bills and rent and ****. Can someone adopt me, so I can go riding all the time. I'm a top notch photographer (do a lot of sports stuff) and graphic designer with some web development skills :D
You can check out my little site for references http://users.sunbeach.net/flashpuppy/

I think I've made a better appeal than garboui and I've at least got work experience LMAO :DLMAO :cool: :D :p

#22 ·
Come on guys!!

All this whining about working and paying bills. You gotta earn your turns. Riding is the cure for work. Work pays for the riding. You can't have one without the other.
(Unless you are Pete from what I'm told :p ) I was cursing the cold and rain yesterday as well. We don't get the ice much here in NorCal, but short days and lots of rain make riding a challenge for us as well. It looks like we will get a break today. I'm going riding this afternoon regardless. 41 and getting older by the day.
Cheers
Grover

#26 ·
garboui said:

I'm 27 andI'd like to be adopted somewhere where it's warm too. Preferably to somewhere with a good job and better looking girls.

PS....leave the bad typists alone!!!! It does NOT mean we can't spell....it just means we're lazy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.