mtbr member
    Nov 2010

Thanks granny, goodbye now.

Finally I am confidence enough to retire granny. It has been awhile I dont use granny for various trails. My setup now is 1x10, 1 lbs lighter.
    Thanks granny, for being there ready to help since the beginning of my mtb adventure.
    I do miss granny sometimes.

Happy trail!

turtles make me hot
    I don't think I've used my granny gear in over two years but I just can't bring myself to remove it from my bike. Nice job!
    I like turtles

slow
    I removed the granny about 5 years ago, but can't bring myself to remove the big ring. That would require too much spinning on the rides to the trail heads and on the fire roads. For now, I'll stay content with my 2x8 setup with the 32-46 up front and the 11-32 in back.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    I have been 1x10 all season and love it. Wish I had a granny on clawhammer but that is about it.
    2014 S-Works Epic WC
    2014 Yeti ARC
    2014 S-Works Crux Disc

mtbr member
    I'm saying goodbye to granny, the big ring, and the derailleur this winter. I haven't used them in awhile, so might as well get rid of the weight.

I'll be hanging on to the parts, though. On summer vacation, I deserve a granny gear in the mountains.

The White Jeff W
    I put my granny back on back in the spring after going 1x9 for over a year. Couldnt be happier with my decision.
    No moss...

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    I went from a 3x9 in Chicago to a 1x10 right before moving to the Colorado front range lol