Thread: Tahoe Stoke

mtbr member

Tahoe Stoke

And begging for a little help in voting for the Corral flow trail if you have a facebook account, there's only one day left to vote!

Select Flow trail then Corral
    https://www.facebook.com/BellBikeHel...28716427271717

TAMBA (Tahoe Area Mountain Biking Association) is one of the finalists in the Bell Built Grant!

Of the 12 finalists for the grant, Corral is the only trail project being considered on US Forest Service lands. This means, once complete the Corral Trail will be a model for how trails with mountain-bike-specific-features can legally be built in National Forests around the country. Tahoe is competing against projects in Vermont, Alabama, and Indiana – a vote for Corral Trail means a vote for recreation in Tahoe and a positive partnership with the US Forest Service nationwide for mountain bikers.

TAMBA is planning to use their share of the $100,000 grant to have IMBA Trail Solutions come to Tahoe and build out all the proposed features on Corral Trail (jumps, berms, hips, tables, rock features). Corral is the only trail in California or Nevada that has been nominated for this spectacular opportunity and the only flow trail project on the West Coast which is a great honor.

Local rider and volunteer Kris Morehead on Corral Trail. 5 features have been built, but there are still over 30 more to go

Detail plan of what the trail will include once complete

TAMBA and the USFS are using the design of Corral Trail as a model partnership project. This means the sooner this partnership is completed in Tahoe the greater the potential to be able to build more mountain bike specific trails around the country. A net boom for anyone that mountain bikes since over 193 million acres of land in the US is managed by the Forest Service.

If TAMBA does not win this grant it will potentially take years for volunteers to build what has already been approved. The importance of winning the grant is dire and being able to build this summer will move additional trail projects forward sooner, both in Tahoe and other places on public Forest Service land. The final grant recipients will be chosen based on a combination of public vote and input from Bell and IMBA staff and announced at the Sea Otter Classic in Monterey, Calif., on April 19th.

Voting ends April 12th! But don't just vote, share this with your friends and family. The purpose of this campaign is to get the word out on BELL, IMBA, and the amazing progress being made by local mountain bike groups around the country.

About Tahoe Area Mountain Biking Association
    Do you want to expand and diversify Tahoe’s mountain biking trails? Do you want to see berms, jumps, drops and ultimately more fun added? Are you concerned about changes to, or even the loss of your favorite trails? Then TAMBA is the organization for you! Originally TAMBA was formed in 1988 to save local trails from imminent closure to bikes. Then in 2010 after a decade long hiatus TAMBA reenergized with a new volunteer base. Since then they have been getting work done by improving the existing trail system in the Tahoe Basin and adding new ones by working side-by-side with local land managers such as California and Nevada State Parks and the US Forest Service.

Mountain Bike legend has it that TAMBA is an ancient Washoe name meaning "ripping the brown pow."

For more information about the Tahoe Area Mountain Biking Association, visit their website at www.tamba.org.

And Here are a few photo’s I’ve taken to stoke you out for you next or first visit to Tahoe, it’s a low snow year the trails are already starting to open up and riding great including Corral

Last of all I promise not to kill my friends dog if you vote for Corral

Cheers and thanks for the help!
    Last edited by TahoeBC; 04-11-2013 at 03:01 PM.

mtbr member
    I don't do Facebook but you get my vote anyway. Awesome pics except for the gun/dog one.

pin it
    Wow gorgeous pics! I am not on Facebook either but I hope you win! Please don't shoot your dog
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

mtbr member
    Step 1. Open a Facebook account

Step 2. Vote for Corral.

Step 3. Tell all your friends to vote for Corral.

Step 4. Pm me if you're heading to Tahoe and I'll tell you or show you the goods (only if you did steps 1-3).

mtbr member
    Nice stoke! I was actually on the Tahoe visitor bureaus website early this morning thinking about how nice things could be if a vacation were in my future.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by nutballchamp View Post
    Step 1. Open a Facebook account

Step 2. Vote for Corral.

Step 3. Tell all your friends to vote for Corral.

Step 4. Pm me if you're heading to Tahoe and I'll tell you or show you the goods (only if you did steps 1-3).
    Steps 1-3 complete. PM on the way. Keep voting guys. When I checked a few minutes ago Coral was behind by 1%.

mtbr member
    Listen to the great and powerful Nutball! I resisted Facebook for years and finally set one up under a fake name as it is good for getting information feeds from organizations that you like, it's quick and easy to do.

The first pic I posted with the rider with the lake below is the famous Nutball himself.

Thanks again for helping out!

mtbr member
    Help us out! Vote for Corral Trail, I'll say it again, It's a model trail for the entire country and everyone near the 193 million acres of public lands managed by the Forest Service in the USA.
    Support TAMBA (Tahoe Area Mountain Biking Association) http://mountainbiketahoe.org/

mtbr member
    A W E S O M E !

We'll be there in July!
    -- Evil Patrick

My Music

My Videos

Ride everything! Remember, Elvis died pushing.

mtbr member
    Fantastic time to come up and ski in the AM and ride in the afternoon, could not have been a better day, Rode railroad, Corral, Sidewinder and connecter today, earliest season ever for riding, snow free and all trees cleared go get it and Vote!

mtbr member

Tahoe Stoke

Bump, go Tahoe!