Account Retired

Good job! SW Michigan Mini Gathering this weekend

April 2-4, 2004

Rides will meet at the trailheads. Just look for a bunch of folks on singlespeeds with Illinois plates. We're camping Friday and Saturday night at Custer, so you can look us up there too. If you want more details just email me at lakeraven at gnome-fest dot net.

Friday
    Custer - Night Ride at 8 pm EST (7 pm CST)

Saturday
    Yankee Springs - Day Ride at 11am EST (10 am CST)
    (we need to drive an 45 minutes north to get to Yankee Springs)

Sunday
    Custer - Day Ride 9 am EDST (8am CDST)

mtbr member

Some trail conditions info for those interested

Quote Originally Posted by LakeRaven
    April 2-4, 2004

Rides will meet at the trailheads. Just look for a bunch of folks on singlespeeds with Illinois plates. We're camping Friday and Saturday night at Custer, so you can look us up there too. If you want more details just email me at lakeraven at gnome-fest dot net.

Friday

Saturday

Sunday
    For those interested in joining in, I'm linking a couple pages from the MMBA site displaying trail description, conditions, etc.

Yankee Springs

Fort Custer

I'm planning on making it for the Saturday ride @ Yankee... unfortunately, Fri. & Sun. are out for me.
    Randy

beer *****es n' bikes
    FIB's!!!

Just kidding. If you don't know what that means, its probably better.

Have fun and enjoy our trails... Yankee is awesome. Last time I was there a horrific storm came up at about 3/4 through the ride, trail went pitch black and we wound up riding back at 15mph+ blind through the woods as branches and even trees were coming down in a torrential downpour. One guy got his bikes ripped off the rack on the way back down the road by a low hanging power line he didn't see (truck cleared but the rack didn't)

Ahhh memories, have fun!
    bike dude, velocity employee (this is my personal account)

mtbr member

Shoot!

April 2-4, 2004

Friday

Saturday

Sunday

Sounds like a fun Mini Gathering. Both places are my favorite. I wish that I could make it. We're having company from out of town this weekend. We're also heading down to Kzoo on Sunday, but unfortunately in the late afternoon. I guess I'll miss the whole thing. Maybe I get to see you guys at the next gathering, if there will be any.

Thanks LakeRaven for setting this up, and Randy for the trail info.

Have a great time this weekend everyone! Please post some pics.

Tammy

Crossing through one of the trenches at the Fort Custer (Green Loop) a year ago last Oct...
    Attached Images Attached Images

JmZ
    Reformed Lurker

Don't worry there will be more!

Quote Originally Posted by michigantammy
    Sounds like a fun Mini Gathering. Both places are my favorite. I wish that I could make it. We're having company from out of town this weekend. We're also heading down to Kzoo on Sunday, but unfortunately in the late afternoon. I guess I'll miss the whole thing. Maybe I get to see you guys at the next gathering, if there will be any.

Tammy

Crossing through one of the trenches at the Fort Custer (Green Loop) a year ago last Oct...
    Local club has been planning an outing there too, was going to try for the April 3rd meeting, but (my) previous plans wouldn't allow... So we'll (NIMBA) be going up there May 8th for a day ride.

LakeRaven - Post pics. Been too long since I've been up there!

Tammy - Love the trenches too. Just a blast to ride.

JmZ
    JmZ

From one flat land to another.

Advocate as if your ride depends on it...

mtbr member
    SHOOT!

A gathering so close to my home and I won't be able to make it.
    Ah well, I'll have to catch the next one.
    Have fun, kids.
    Later,
    TrailBurner

me neither

Tammy

Yeah, I dunno if I'll be able to make it, either. I work tonight (Fri) and tomorrow (Sat), and I don't know about Sun until I get to work today. If I have the day off, I may try to convince the girlfriend to suit up so we can join you all at Custer.

mtbr member
    April 2-4, 2004

Friday

Saturday

Sunday
    A big thanks for everyone who showed up at the Yankee Ride on Saturday! It was a great ride... and a great time.

LakeRaven... if I ever get a chance to ride with you IL guys again, I'll try not to be so slow & pitifully out of shape

(x-post from mmba & MI boards)
    Randy

flaccid member
    do you know what they used to "armor" the trail on the descent into that creek crossing? I think I could use something like that on my local trail - if it will support horses.
    Who's really holding the remote control?

mtbr member

Nice Group Pic!

Quote Originally Posted by 家ndyA
    A big thanks for everyone who showed up at the Yankee Ride on Saturday! It was a great ride... and a great time.

LakeRaven... if I ever get a chance to ride with you IL guys again, I'll try not to be so slow & pitifully out of shape

(x-post from mmba & MI boards)

Glad to hear that you guys had a great time. Looks like a great group you got there. I wish that I were there. Hopefully, someone will post more pics, especially action shots .

Thanks, Randy, for the nice group photo!

Tammy
    Last edited by michigantammy; 04-06-2004 at 09:42 AM.

mtbr member

Unfortunately...

Glad to hear that you guys had a great time. Looks like a great group you got there. I wish that I were there. Hopefully, someone will post more pics, especially action shots .

Thanks, Randy, for the nice group photo!

Tammy
    ... I have no action shots. Being last in line (... horribly slow, and not familiar with the trail... yep, first-ride-of-the-year-itis ) didn't afford me the chance to take any. I thought LakeRaven took a few... maybe he'll post some.

All I really have are trail shots. Haven't had the chance to post-process all of them yet though. I'll post 'em when I do (most likely down in the MI Region board).

Hey, If you NIMBA peeps are headed over to Yankee in May like you're sayin', ya'mind me joining in?
    Last edited by 家ndyA; 04-06-2004 at 11:07 AM. Reason: Forgot to add some details
    Randy

JmZ
    Reformed Lurker

Sure... the more the merrier

Quote Originally Posted by 家ndyA
    ... I have no action shots. Being last in line (... horribly slow, and not familiar with the trail... yep, first-ride-of-the-year-itis ) didn't afford me the chance to take any. I thought LakeRaven took a few... maybe he'll post some.

All I really have are trail shots. Haven't had the chance to post-process all of them yet though. I'll post 'em when I do (most likely down in the MI Region board).

Hey, If you NIMBA peeps are headed over to Yankee in May like you're sayin', ya'mind me joining in?
    NIMBA's going to 'Storm the Fort'. We're going for a ride up at Fort Custer May 8th. We are still working out the final details, but we're going to be leaving South Bend around 7am ish, and driving up from there. So should be up at the trail by 10:00 (Maybe sooner depending on who gets to drive ).

I'll put more info on the Midwest Board as it gets decided.

JmZ
    JmZ

From one flat land to another.

Advocate as if your ride depends on it...

EnduroGuy
    Feb 2004

Fond Memories of the Fort

I have really fond memories of Ft Custer from when I was a FIB! Best memory was one winter/spring Sunday when I ventured up to the Fort and there was only one other rider, due to the snow still on the ground. We hooked up for the ride and as we were leaving we heard a bunch of racket. We turned to see what it was and there was a guy w/a dogsled and said dogs all yapping and flying by! Definitely one of the strangest things I've ever seen on a mountain bike ride!!