Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Sunday Spring Fling update

592 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Paul B 
#1 ·
Yeah....so about Sedona. Got a little wet, didn't want to ruffle any local feathers. Oh, who am I kidding? It was torrential. It sucked. We bagged it.

At last check there are three Sunday rides "scheduled". Whether they happen or not is really up to the weather gods:

* Prescott is still on, albeit in a reduced way. Prescottonians are telling me the rain was light compared to Sedona, and there are fewer trail damage issues here than in the red rocks. Probably an up-and-down ride on the 305 and possibly on Smith Ravine, since the top of the ride is under slush and crap. I'm gonna be @ the Costco/China Buffet parking lot at 9:30ish or 10 or so. Tom Fraser and others will be here as well.

* Sedona is theoretically on. My understanding from Jeff Dana is that he'll be riding up Schnebly Hill, down Munds, maybe over on Jordan. HOWEVER, having just driven up Schnebly this afternoon, it's pretty wet and slimy right now. If you're already in Sedona and have web access and you're reading this, I'd say check it out. I believe he's meeting @ the Munds/Marg's Draw/Huckaby trailhead on Schebly Hill.

* Kathleen (Durtgurl) has put together an impromptu ride day @ SoMo for 9-10 or so. Presumably Pima Canyon parking lot. Look for the lone chick surrounded by a bunch of guys from Ohio. You hussy. :-D

And that's it. I'm offering a full refund of all entry fees to anyone who wants them. Sorry about the weather. :-(

p.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.