Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

Spring Equinox, MTB Australia [video]

Heya, here's a little video I've made it's been a wee labor of love the last month or so. I guess it's about the Spring wildflowers, magpies and mountain biking... or it could just be about a mid 40's guy having an immensely enjoyable mid life crisis.

Humor a hippie and watch it. If you think the video sucks, then close your eyes and just enjoy the music Old Pine by Ben Howard it's groovy music!

best in 720p/fullscreen

mtbr member
    May 2011
    I dig it...makes me wanna ride, so that's gotta be a successful vid.

wannabee
    Excellent work. IMHO.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    That was rad.

TeXaS BoY
    Jan 2004
    cool vid, man. groovy tunes. dig
    Don't live in fear. Be ready.

I love my bike like a fat kid loves cake.

Des(s)ert Rat
    Very nice! Thanks.

mtbr member
    I enjoyed that. Very cool video

mtbr member
    Excellent video and that looks like a very nice trail to ride.

It makes me what to go ride in the worst way...problem is I'm stuck at work and with too much rain here in NJ lately makes me... .

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Super clean looking video. Great work! Did you shoot it w a DSLR?

blet drive
    saweet
    Save a tree & wipe your butt with an owl.
    Thank your local Sierra Club.

mtbr member
    Hey thanks guys, glad you enjoyed it!

I know it's only a little video and nothing amazing in the scheme of things - so much GREAT mtb video around - but definitely put some heart and soul into it, and hope it communicates the sense of freedom and fun you get out on the trails.

Plummit, shot it with a GH2. It's sort of like a mini DSLR, can't control depth of field as finely due to the small sensor but overall it's a very flexible video camera, along with stills. It's my first video with the GH2 so there was a lot of learning and stuff ups... actually think I shot the whole thing in the wrong mode, or at least not the optimum mode, DOH!

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Wonderful!! So nice to not have agro death grunge playing in the background.

You have a beautiful place to ride there!

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Ride

Nice one and great riding. Central and NE Vic are sensational riding locations...

I am your demographic and live in the Blue Mountains. If you ever venture here, bring your bike and send me a PM. We have a good range of trails, and its always good to go with a local.

All the best,

the Beerhunter

mtbr member
    Sep 2011

Wow!

Great video! I really enjoyed it.

Thanks for sharing.
    Trek Mamba, '97 Specialized FSR

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    I really enjoyed this video. It was peaceful and smooth, and made me crave some flowing singletrack riding solo. Very beautiful camera shots. Each one of them could have stood on it's own as a still shot.
    Thanks for the passion.

Bike Geek
    Very nicely done - you're making the most of the capabilities of that GH2. Great editing, too.

Nice to have a camera assistant. I've done some short videos by myself with only 4-5 angles and for very little footage there's a ton of setup and running around. How many shots were solo with you riding back and forth from the camera and how many were with your assistant?

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Very good vid man. Being a fellow southern hemisphere dweller, it makes me look forward to our impending summer even more.

Hud
    Singletrack minded
    Fantastic! Castlemaine and surrounds is my favourite riding area in Victoria. Just have to get out there a bit more often...
    The twenty-nine inch wheel.

mtbr member
    Love it, makes me want to ride my bike!!!

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Brilliant video with very atmospheric music. Thanks!

carbon classic
    Jul 2011
    Fantastic video! Great stuff.

Epitomizes the immense joy and satisfaction that Riding on a sunny day, with a good bike on a great trail can deliver.

BTW.... Loved the calling of the magpies at the start and finish. A great part of riding in the Aussie bush.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rower_CPU View Post
    Nice to have a camera assistant. I've done some short videos by myself with only 4-5 angles and for very little footage there's a ton of setup and running around. How many shots were solo with you riding back and forth from the camera and how many were with your assistant?
    I could only bribe my daughter to come out for an hour or so one afternoon (from memory it cost me a hot chocolate!). We drove to a place where it wasn't far for her to walk in (she's not big on riding). We did 6 or so shots - it was just too windy that day. It was great for her to be a part of it. The rest I did solo, well over 200 all up taken over 10 rides or so, of which I think around 160 ended up in the video. I didn't mind, as my wife would tell you I'm a bit of a loner and it's hard to expect anyone else to endure the messing around etc.

I had hoped to do something a little different to how it turned out but the month was mainly windy and overcast. Appreciate sunny still days even more now!

I'm really happy with the GH2 and inspired now to get out there and do more.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by OnAnySunday View Post
    Fantastic video! Great stuff.

Epitomizes the immense joy and satisfaction that Riding on a sunny day, with a good bike on a great trail can deliver.

BTW.... Loved the calling of the magpies at the start and finish. A great part of riding in the Aussie bush.
    thanks mate. I agree - ride a bike you enjoy on trails you enjoy, it's a sweet thing.

The maggies are going off atm, had to include them!

mtbr member
    Thanks for all the comment guys, I really appreciate it. I know it's only a little corney video but strangely through the process of it all it ended up meaning a lot to me, so to have other people enjoy it... that's pretty cool.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Very well done! Don't be so modest. Good music plus someone having a good time riding usually adds up to a good video. I think you take it to another level. You have an obvious passion for documenting and sharing your experiences. My only complaint is that it was a painful reminder the my Mojo HD is only half built and it's nearing my favorite riding season (fall in New England)! Thanks for taking the time to share!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast