mtbr member
    Nov 2012

South Spain with Switchbacks MTB holidays

I love learning new and cool places to ride, .. Looks like Spain may be next on my list.. Where's the coolest place you've rode, or want to ride.

South Spain with Switchbacks MTB holidays video...

mtbr member
    My brother is a guide with switchbacks in south spain. (Bubion). Im up here at the moment looking after his place while he's on holiday in the US (moab). Some great riding around here... Theres a rocky mountain slayer by the door ready for me to ride but im on my own so havent been out on it yet.

toscano
    I had great rides next to Aranda de Duero and Huesca. Stunning landscapes and trails for every choice, and nice people.
    I see you are thinking about the south, from Sierra Nevada to the sea you will ride in a very nice part of Spain, but it is a big area. In summer really hot at low altitude but not impossible.

mtbr member
    I havent been to many places, but I can say riding Sudbury Ontario Canada was amazing. Riding up sheer rock faces and all over jagged rock. It made for a deadly course on race day there.

CrgCrkRyder
    Apr 2007
    Very cool video - Thanks!

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign2Rider View Post
    My brother is a guide with switchbacks in south spain. (Bubion). Im up here at the moment looking after his place while he's on holiday in the US (moab). Some great riding around here... Theres a rocky mountain slayer by the door ready for me to ride but im on my own so havent been out on it yet.
    That's crazy!! if you can get some riding on video..

pin it
    I like the terrain. Even the urban ride looks fun

Nice post

The coolest place I rode? Peachland BC
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

mtbr member
    Not sure i can get any riding on video, dont know where the gopro is.. A few vids on youtube if you look them up.

Riding through the villages is fun. Super steep roads and loads of little passages etc. They live right at the bottom of the village so you have super steep hills to climb before you can go anywhere!! Its hard walking up let alone with a bike!

After riding the mountain the last step is riding back down through the village, freaks out the locals a little.

mtbr member
    I've been to the South of Spain a few times. Where is that, exactly? Awesome!
    "Caught my first tube this morning....sir!"

mtbr member
    About an hour from Granada. Sierra nevada national park.

bubion - Google Maps

Chamois Dropper
    Nice video, I will be riding at Biking | Pure Mountains in Berchules around new years. Looks like its in the same area, I'm hoping that the riding will be similar.
    2008 GT Force
    Go Veg