Ska
    Steel is real.

Sometimes things really are perfect.

We planned a long while back to get together again and hit some singletrack and, yesterday, we made it happen. We used to ride together religiously but these past couple of years have been increasingly busy for both of us: him, running a business and me, having two kids. We never lost touch though and did continue to ride however our rides together dwindled down to a hand full per year.

A number of weeks ago while on a road ride we mutually agreed that an old time road trip up north was in order Ė just to say weíre still in it. It had been far too long. So, neither he or I is one to commit to something and pull out without a seriously good reason so we knew it was going to go down. We picked a day and took off.

Had a great time, the trails were in great shape, and I consciously left the camera behind initially so we would maximized our trail/riding time. We stayed out for a number of hours. It didnít take much to convince my buddy to go back out again just to get some footage but it wasnít pretty We were pretty shattered by the time we started filming.

I think the video sums up the fun though. Itís been a great riding week so far.........Iíve ridden every single day. Perfect so far.....

Cheers.......
    Ska! (whoís stoked)

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/15044936" width="400" height="300" frameborder="0"></iframe><p><a href="http://vimeo.com/15044936">Road Trip for Singletrack........</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user1858986">Steve Arseneault</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>
    Here's my crummy, slow-going blog The Slow Spoke if you're interested.

mtbr member
    Cool vid. What camera/mounts are you using?

I've got some footage of my last group trip with the guys but have yet to compile it. Like you I find it hard to make time to get together with buds and just go for a ride. Too much stuff to do day to day...

mtbr member
    Nice, like cakalacky said, where did yiou have that cam mounted for the front looking stuff? Was it the seatpos, frame? I like the view point of the fork cycling through its travel.
    29ers are more fun!

used to be RipRoar
    lifes good....

mtbr member
    I enjoyed that. THanks. Great editing. fun angles. Nice mix. Cool Soundtrack (KRob---->Looking up Interpol on iTunes.)
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

www.stuckinthespokes.com

Ska
    Steel is real.
    Cool......thanks for checking it out!

The way it was going I thought it was headed down and out without even a single view

Meh........it wouldn’t matter in that sense anyway – just thought I’d share it. Thanks for the kind words!

As far as the view goes, I had the camera mounted on the downtube using the helmet mount. Works pretty good but I switched it up this time and I don’t like it as much as how I have done it in the past (picture below). When I mount it like in the pic you get a nicer shot (example here in this old vid). You get the entire wheel and better view ahead.

The setup looks tight in the photo but there’s loads of room for feet and wheel (even when the shock is fully compressed) which is obviously of critical importance.

kRob – their first album is their best in my opinion.

Ska!
    Thanks again

edit: Also I just realized I used Paul Banks’ work in two of my videos (ie Interpol and Julien Plenti)! Crazy. Didn’t realize I did that until just now. I’m by no means a Paul Banks freak (although I do like his stuff) I guess his music has just worked well for my videos needs.
    Hmm....I better make a conscious effort to avoid that sort of thing. Variety is essential!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sometimes things really are perfect.-gp2.jpg  

Here's my crummy, slow-going blog The Slow Spoke if you're interested.

Members who have read this thread: 0