Rolling

Some suggested titles for posting thresholds.

I'm sure this site management software has options for having titles for various posting thresholds. Here are some possibilities.

= 10 posts -- newbie
    = 100 posts -- rider
    = 500 posts -- post ride braggart
    = 1000 posts -- need to ride more
    = 2000 posts -- do you even have a bike?
    = 5000 posts -- do you even have a job?
    = 10000 posts -- "You already know what I'm gonna write here"

Saucy Size Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by lidarman
    I'm sure this site management software has options for having titles for various posting thresholds. Here are some possibilities.

= 10 posts -- newbie
    = 100 posts -- rider
    Keep an eye on that, Rich -- you only have 147 posts left before your next threshold.

p.
    Last edited by Paul B; 04-09-2004 at 03:42 PM. Reason: Barbie says math is hard!
    Don't be that guy! Read the forum guidelines.

Rolling
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul B
    Keep an eye on that, Rich -- you only have 147 posts left before your next threshold.

p.
    Oh, but I have a secret plan. I'm going create a new user name and reset it

Bunghole

Idea! Hmmm...

What about a rating system for posts that evoke the most negative responses from lurkers (like me)? 0 = Ho-hum, 5 = touched a nerve, 1000 = better go into hiding...etc., etc.Or, good responses, 0 = nobody cares, 5 = people think I'm funny, 1000 = better go into hiding because now everyone wants to hook up and ride with you...etc., etc.

I think I ate too much party cake and my smartass gene got fired up. Cheers

Tonight we ride.
    Quote Originally Posted by lidarman

= 10 posts -- newbie
    = 100 posts -- rider
    How about eliminating the whole postcount crap entirely, and just having titles or something similar to give approximations? Maybe small images, like a few bicycle wheels. Hide the postcount unless you click on someone's name, where that info will still be available. That would eliminate post whoring and annoying post count comparisons often used on VB forums to deride new members.

Perpetually single track
    I'm purely posting on this thread to up my post count. Thank you for your very important time.
    Juan De Fluco

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by fonseca
    post whoring and annoying post count comparisons often used on VB forums to deride new members.
    Really? People care? Why?

I generally don't notice post counts - it seems pretty silly to me (as I check my post count - WooHoo!)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by fonseca
    How about eliminating the whole postcount crap entirely, and just having titles or something similar to give approximations? Maybe small images, like a few bicycle wheels. Hide the postcount unless you click on someone's name, where that info will still be available. That would eliminate post whoring and annoying post count comparisons often used on VB forums to deride new members.
    You mean people actually think post count means anything?? It matters?? Are you saying a high post count gives credibility?

Using that logic, if Ned Overend or Marla Streb decided to join us, they'd be derided because they've only posted a couple of times? YGBSM!!

Are there really those amongst us who believe this crap?? I don't even look at post counts... I look at the words and decide if the person is credible or not.