Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Some ride scenery

1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  headspacej 
#1 ·
so I went out to check out a part of my home turf I'd not ridden before. This large parcel of land is about to be developed for expensive estate homes. perfect. :rolleyes:

No hucks or me in the pic, but thought the scenes sort of said it all.

Cape Roger Curtis on Bowen Island, just west of Vancouver BC.

Jim

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Harrumph

JimC. said:
expensive estate homes. perfect.
Jim
Hmmm, beautiful forest glade, gorgeous trees, nice, unspoiled landscape.
What to do?
what to do?

I know! Lets rip it all out and put up a house with manicured lawns and english gardens!
Cue sound of bulldozers....

Nic pic.

#4 ·
So sad

Great Looking pictures. :) "developed" I love that term :rolleyes: right along with "progress" There are way too many people that feel that everything needs to be developed in the name of progress. I for one believe that progress would be the realization that once you put up the new home estates the true beauty of the area will be lost forever. Unfortunately money talks and so the wealthy developers get their way.

#5 · (Edited)
wg said:
Hmmm, beautiful forest glade, gorgeous trees, nice, unspoiled landscape.
What to do?
what to do?

I know! Lets rip it all out and put up a house with manicured lawns and english gardens!
Cue sound of bulldozers....

Nic pic.
The spots my house and JimC's house are on probably looked much like that Once Upon A Time. Yeah, we're a couple of real b@stards. D. <- No grass on my lawn, just moss and boulders.

#9 ·
Thanks....

JimC. said:
get your buddy to drag you up (and I mean drag) Mt. Gardner Hikers road, and ride Handloggers' Trail and Skid Trail. The road is an average of 10-15 Degrees, it's a real huffer.
I don't think Bowen Islander Chris rides, but maybe I can talk him into trying it. We connected in the Okanagan a few weeks ago and had a great visit. Thanks for the tip...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.