Des(s)ert Rat

So sue me, I haven't been around...

But I have pictures from yesterday's ride.

I've been off real trails for a while due to a couple broken ribs. Yesterday I went back to the scene of the crime and had a great ride in the sunshine.

My friends and I started with Rustler's so I could see how the ribs would feel on a few little bumps.

Since I had no pain we decided to head to the crimescene, Horsethief Bench.

Today I'm feeling muscle soreness around the ribs, but overall, I'm pretty happy to be back on the bike!

Don't know when I'll have time to post again, been busy. Sorry the photos suck and it looks like miserable weather.

Merry Christmas to everyone! I hope that everyone is able to spend it with those that they love and care for.

i worship Mr T

ok. talk to my lawyer.

ouch! glad you are healing up. pretty pictures.

have a wonderful holiday, sar!

rt
    [SIZE="2"]"where are you not going so fast?" (question asked to cyclist on a trainer)[/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"]*rt*'s fabulous blog[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="2"][SIZE="2"]mm blogging[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Tracking up the place
    You only make me want to move to a temperate climate...beautiful pictures...that's the CO river in the background right...(never been there) but saving my pennies...I want to see the Anasazi Cliff dwellings..is that nearby????

Glad your heelin up...my wife broke her foot in NOV and finally is released for short PT and only stationary bike riding now..Frustratin isn't it...

Freshly Fujified

Beautiful pics

Thanks for sharing, and glad to see you're back in the saddle again.

Bob
    'If Wal-Mart sold parachutes, who would jump?' Frank Havnoonian (quoting his father) Drexel Hill Cyclery

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Welcom Back

I was wondering what happened...

Hope your ribs, your kids, and your hubby are doing well.

And keep those Fruita posts coming!

Tear it all out! SuperModerator
    Glad to hear you are back on the bike.

Broken ribs suck big time, speaking from experience.

We've been missing your daily Fruita fix postings. Keep it up if you can, it helps those of us who live in rain forests stay sane.

dirty trail dog
    Glad to hear you're back on the bike. I broke my ribs at Hall Ranch in June, and I have to tell you, they didn't really stop aching until November. I started riding again around mid-July, but the pain was always there. Broken ribs suck big time.
    yep...

Reviewer/Tester
    Welcome back, 'pint...

Hope the ribs are ok now. Thanks for the pics.

R.
    It is inevitable ...

paintbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by screampint
    but overall, I'm pretty happy to be back on the bike!
    My spidey sense is tingling. I'm thinking this might be an understatement.

Welcome back. Don't laugh.
    When the going gets weird its bedtime.

Kearsarge crawler
    Glad to hear you are healing well enough to live life on the Edge again.
    Your bike can take you anywhere, anytime, over any terrain but, you have to force it to GK 2004. BB1, who started it?

Dr. Pepper drinker
    Thanks for the post Sarah, sorry to hear about the ribs but glad your recovery seems to be going okay. Hopefully your son's healing is coming along also. At least you've had a good excuse to not be riding, I'm just pathetic when it comes to riding in the cold so I haven't been on the bike in...hell, I don't even know, but it's been too long. Looking forward to a spring riding trip there already. New camera lens for X-mas so maybe I'll even have a few pics to post someday.
    Sipping the Knolly Whisquillappa

Ebo
    mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Thanks for the holiday passion hit. I've certainly missed your regular pic's of the Fruita area. I also know too well the slow healing of ribs and what not. Isn't ice cream good for that? Happy holidays to you and yours.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Haroow
    You only make me want to move to a temperate climate...beautiful pictures...that's the CO river in the background right...(never been there) but saving my pennies...I want to see the Anasazi Cliff dwellings..is that nearby????
    Yes, that is the Colorado river.

The cliff dwellings I visited are near Mesa Verde, CO. Not too far from Fruita.

Terry from Overland Park, KS.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by screampint
    But I have pictures from yesterday's ride.

I've been off real trails for a while due to a couple broken ribs. Yesterday I went back to the scene of the crime and had a great ride in the sunshine.

My friends and I started with Rustler's so I could see how the ribs would feel on a few little bumps.
    Today I'm feeling muscle soreness around the ribs, but overall, I'm pretty happy to be back on the bike!

Don't know when I'll have time to post again, been busy. Sorry the photos suck and it looks like miserable weather.

Merry Christmas to everyone! I hope that everyone is able to spend it with those that they love and care for.
    Merry Christmas to you. I know about breaking ribs too, I see you're on a gearie. When SS'ing pulling hard on the bars can tweak the rib cage.

BTW is that white area ice on the bend in the river?

Des(s)ert Rat
    I was on the ss, but I'm not in the pics, I was behind the camera. I got a new fork (Pace Carbon Fiber rigid) and some other jewelry for the pretty one.

Des(s)ert Rat
    I'll get more pics of her soon, but we have more pressing family matters right now, not much time. Let's suffice it to say that it's a good thing that all the injuries were in one year and we paid the family deductible on the first one. Danielle is the only one unscathed and I think I might just wrap her in bubble wrap.