mtbr member

And so, I broke a leg due to SPD ...

Broke left tibia, clean break (no fragments flying around).

How it happened:
    After a whole day ride, on the way down from the mountain on a very easy track. I was crossing a small bridge, and the planks on the bridge are not perpendicular to the bridge direction, rather they are parallel. One plank was worn off, and my wheel stuck in that hole, stopping the bike in an instant. There was NO way I could even anticipate this, my eyes were 10m down the track, and I fell by complete surprise.

I was going slow as I have just passed some hikers. Despite that I flew over the bike with a bit of left-going momentum. This caused my left foot/heel (pedal forward) to rotate to the right (inward the bike) locking it in SPD. I could hear the *CRACK* and tumbled down.

The rescue:
    The "Mountaineer Rescue Service" immobilized me, took me down the mountain to the Ambulance, to the hospital, to the Xray, to the surgery, to my hospital room where I was for the last 7 days.

I was operated by one of the best Ortho surgeons in the Europe, and got a titanium bolt through the center of the left shin and it will stay there. Upgrades! Break that! Hell yea!

I can walk on crutches now, nothing hurts, I have 3 weeks of therapy now, and about 2-3 months till I can ride again - till the bone is stronger than it was.

But the problem remains: I broke it due to SPD, talked with my surgeon about it and he confirms that the way fracture looks is not due to hitting a bone on the ground etc. It was because foot was stuck. If I was riding normal pedals, I would not even have a bruise. Crap.

At least the bad weather is coming. Enjoy these last warm days guys, before autumn comes in.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails And so, I broke a leg due to SPD ...-img_1214.jpg  

And so, I broke a leg due to SPD ...-img_1215.jpg  

And so, I broke a leg due to SPD ...-img_1219.jpg  

And so, I broke a leg due to SPD ...-img_1239.jpg  

Daemon
    "Worship the Machines."
    www.nivas.hr | www.worship.hr

AKA Dr.Nob
    I'd say the inattention crossing the bridge had more to do with it than the pedals.
    Not that all teenagers are evil mind, just most of them.

mtbr member
    Ouch, bad luck dude. At least you had a nice, smiley, glamorous paramedic to come put you in her Trauma Wagon. I'll bet you're in the market for flats now...

Get well soon!

govt kontrakt projkt mgr
    ouch but strange, often when I crash I do think I usually come out of the pedals.

i got some nice cracked ribs or separated rib cartilage, one or both, from my last easy wreck. not been to a doctor, but it hurts like the devil when the motrin wears off. It's been 3 weeks exactly; I figure i will wait another 3 before I say uncle.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by gumbymark
    I'd say the inattention crossing the bridge had more to do with it than the pedals.
    We could argue here what caused my bike to suddenly stop, and it certainly was my fault for not looking better at the bridge. However, after the bike stopped, it was the SPD that kept my foot locked and caused leg to break. If everything in the situation was the same - except the pedals SPD vs. Regular - my leg would be whole, and only my ego bruised.
    Daemon
    "Worship the Machines."

mtbr member
    I forgot to add:

SPD never caused problems before when I could anticipate the fall at least 1 second before it happens. This was so sudden and unexpected, damn.

Also, not like I will stop riding SPD. Being connected to the bike is a whole another world of riding. Screw it. Make less mistakes - get less broken bones.
    Daemon
    "Worship the Machines."

AKA Dr.Nob
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon[CRO]
    We could argue here what caused my bike to suddenly stop, and it certainly was my fault for not looking better at the bridge. However, after the bike stopped, it was the SPD that kept my foot locked and caused leg to break. If everything in the situation was the same - except the pedals SPD vs. Regular - my leg would be whole, and only my ego bruised.

Absolutely. My point is that if you avoided the crash you wouldn't have got hurt no matter what pedals you were riding.

Public Service Announcement: Old bridges with boards running along the direction of travel can be dangerous. There was one on a road here that had all of the nuts holding the boards to the bridge missing. Those boards would have 2" gaps between them and they would move every time a car went over them. We used to call that the death bridge
    Not that all teenagers are evil mind, just most of them.

mtbr member
    I broke my ankle 2 years ago due to being clipped in (can't blame the brand of pedal), but my ugly buddy helped drag me out of the woods, no attractive females anywhere close!.
    Mine was also a bit of a freak event, I was sliding sideways down the trail, hit a lump directly on my heel that impaced vertically, no twisting, no release.

It's all better now....

mtbr member
    Please please do not take this the wrong way, I could just not resist the temptation:

Quote Originally Posted by gumbymark
    if you avoided the crash you wouldn't have got hurt

=)

You are right about bridges. Who the f+ck would build a bridge with parallel-to-the-bridge planks. That is just retarded. If one fails, the whole bridge is basically a death trap. If they are perpendicular, if one fails, well, you can almost ignore it.
    Daemon
    "Worship the Machines."

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    This is why i run crank bro pedals!

wannabee
    Sorry about the leg. Not SPDs fault though. Sorry. Peace and heal up.

Dirt Deviant
    You are right about bridges. Who the f+ck would build a bridge with parallel-to-the-bridge planks. That is just retarded. If one fails, the whole bridge is basically a death trap. If they are perpendicular, if one fails, well, you can almost ignore it.
    Unless you are........(wait for it) as skinny as a board!!!!!

Back on topic, have you contemplated using multi release cleats? Or are you going to stick with regular single release?
    Sucks you got hurt, but now you can call yourself a weight weenie with those TI upgrades....= )
    Look, whatever happens, don't fight the mountain.

mtbr member
    It's very unusual to only break the Tibia or Fibula and not both. I thought it wasn't really possible, but the X-rays don't lie! Heal up. Ttyl, Fahn
    Hubbard Bike Club

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    heal up feel better, did they check you for bone density? if only the pressure of a not releasing spd did that , it's something to look into. You should probabely take some sort of calcium suppliment anyway to speed up healing,and do some weight lifting after you're better to tough things up a bit. By the way i broke my leg a couple years back on a huge table top where my foot slipped off, if i'd been using spd's my leg would probabely not have been broken.I think there's some sort of cosmic spd balence sheet.

May The Force Be With You
    you have a winning lawsuit lotto ticket!! .... joking joking!... drink lots of O.J. & hope you heal up fast

'11 Jedi
    '01 Rocket 88 Stage3
    2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser

DynoDon
    I'll keep my SPDs loose, I hate when they come out, you could say its a pain, but that looks like alot more pain, sorry you were the one to find the bad board, maybe it will be rebuilt now so it don' t happen again, Happy Healing..

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    How long you been riding spds?

How old was the pedal?
    Last edited by newnan3; 10-31-2010 at 08:41 PM.

I ride with tools

You are right about bridges. Who the f+ck would build a bridge with parallel-to- the-bridge planks. That is just retarded. If one fails, the whole bridge is basically a death trap. If they are perpendicular, if one fails, well, you can almost ignore it.

Just watch the U-turns!.....

So long ago when I was a roadie - we rode out onto the pier at Avila Beach and this dude in the group was turning around... he dropped his front wheel into the perpendicular space between the planks and folded his front wheel in half in a microsecond!

Five is right out
    Sep 2006
    Were they single or multi release SPDs?

Seems like really crap luck, but at least you're taking it in stride (pun not intended). That is one big-assed piece of metal in your leg now- makes for an impressive x-ray.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Well if I ever break anything I hope the one in the red will be there to help.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Hey I had a similar injury due to SPDs.......I was going down a technical trail and my front tire got caught in a rut.....I started to lean left down the fall line but the bike remained upright (because of the rut)......I could not get my leg out and snapped my ankle along with my tibula and fibula.....had surgery, titanium bolts, the works.....

After I healed up, guess what, I went right back to SPDs.........because my thinking is freak accidents happen only once in a lifetime : ) (knock on wood)

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    That is why I only ride flats. My friend did the same last year. He couldn't get his foot of the beed and has had 4 surgeries and has been out for more than a year. If he was riding normal pedals he would have been okay. As above they are rare problems but not rare enough for my liking. I can't ride them because my ankle is ****ed (3 breaks in one year).

Take care dude and get well soon. I know you know but don't push it right after it has healed. Give it a good 6 months before you start riding hard.

Get well soon.

beware the grammar police
    noone else said it.... i will

you are all that is man by snapping photos while they were hauling you out........ kudos to you..... the blonde is hot...

heal fast....

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    love the upgrade i always wanted something small in titanium
    you remembered to take photos and there is a cute chick in the photo so i would say that despite the bust leg you are going to be fine
    I have DMR V12's on my bike now as i can't get out of clips quick enough when i stuff up .... nice flats they are too
    Get well and all the best
    An object in possession seldom retains the same charm that it had in pursuit. Pliny the Younger (62 AD - 114 AD)

Brian

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by newnan3
    How long you been riding spds?

How old was the pedal?
    Not for long, I must admit, half a year.

XT pedal, Shimano M077 shoe, bought when I started riding SPD. I keep them (as well as the rest of the mechanics) in top condition, cleaned, lubed.
    Last edited by Daemon[CRO]; 10-31-2010 at 10:55 PM.
    Daemon
    "Worship the Machines."

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by herbn
    heal up feel better, did they check you for bone density? if only the pressure of a not releasing spd did that , it's something to look into. .
    It took surgeons 2 hours to hammer the titanium into the bone. The next morning main surgeon came to my room with the ??? look on his face wanting to know how exactly did I manage to break that bone. In his words: these are some of the strongest bones he saw in his career.

SPD releases by moving heel outwards. My left foot/heel moved inwards locking into SPD with no chance of release. Right foot/leg got disengaged without a problem, because it was rotating outward.
    Daemon
    "Worship the Machines."

mtbr member
    I am still amazed that people claim they can get out of cleats fast enough. It probably takes around 0.5 sec for the average person to get fully (i.e. foot out and prepared for impact) out of a cleat. If you are riding just 10 mph, that is 14.6 feet per second. At that speed you can face plant in 0.2 to 0.3 seconds. Sure, if you lose your balance you have plenty of time to get out of your clipless pedals. But, if you crash you will often be at the mercy of the angles and forces of the crash, like the OP.

But this should come as no surprise, as all the people that need to eject in a hurry (DJ, Slopestyle, Freeride) use platform pedals. Clipless is, and will continue to be, the best way to get power to the ground. But unless you are racing, you are gambling being a faster rider with being able to roll out of crashes (vs being damaged from the crash).

The ultimate choice is yours. Personally, I use clipless for triathlon, and long XC rides. Anything urban, AM, FR, or DH it is strictly platform...and I believe that has saved me several times.
    Regional Race Manager, Knolly Bikes
    Washington, Oregon, Montana, Idaho, Wyoming

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by savagemann
    Back on topic, have you contemplated using multi release cleats? Or are you going to stick with regular single release?
    I will consider something that unlocks both inwards and outwards, yes.
    Daemon
    "Worship the Machines."

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rdhfreethought
    I am still amazed that people claim they can get out of cleats fast enough. It probably takes around 0.5 sec for the average person to get fully (i.e. foot out and prepared for impact) out of a cleat.
    Additional thing is that people do not disengage when they obviously see that the **** is approaching the fan. They are thinking "OK OK, tricky situation, but I am clipped in I have the control, OK I am sliding now, I am safe still, OK, it's gonna be cool, oh look a tree, I can manage it, hm .... hm .... SNAP". Instead of just disconnect at the point when situation gets unstable. Learn the track, you will fully ride it next time.
    Daemon
    "Worship the Machines."

DynoDon
    I have gone down many times with my SPDs, and I'm amazed that when I look down the clips are off, I don't even try to do it, I just leave them loose, I've only been using them for 3 months, and riding trails seriously for 4 months. I don't wax or oil them often. The SPDs do come out once in awhile, but they have never caused a problem, and go right back in.
    Being one with your bicycle doesn't mean bolting into it.

Intermediate wannabe
    Quote Originally Posted by manabiker
    I have gone down many times with my SPDs, and I'm amazed that when I look down the clips are off, I don't even try to do it, I just leave them loose, I've only been using them for 3 months, and riding trails seriously for 4 months. I don't wax or oil them often. The SPDs do come out once in awhile, but they have never caused a problem, and go right back in.
    Being one with your bicycle doesn't mean bolting into it.
    +1

I ride mainly XC with some fun stunts thrown in occassionally. Anytime I go down unexpectedly my feet come out of the clips without any thought or intention. This way I get the workout I want and I feel safe.
    "You don't stop riding when you get old, you get old when you stop riding." ~KRob

i also unicycle
    Jan 2007
    i've gone over the bars repeatedly and not been clipped to the bike. only time i've had problems getting out is when i've stalled on an uphill on my single speed and have tipped over still clipped in. also spds will release to the inside, there just usually isn't enough room to move your leg/foot/cleat far enough to accomplish this.
    mtbr says you should know: i work in a bike shop.
    bikes & beers (on my blog) http://idontrideenough.blogspot.com/

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    any more pics of the EMS chick?

j/k

Cheers to a speedy recovery.

Pedaler of dirt
    Quote Originally Posted by rdhfreethought
    I am still amazed that people claim they can get out of cleats fast enough. It probably takes around 0.5 sec for the average person to get fully (i.e. foot out and prepared for impact) out of a cleat. If you are riding just 10 mph, that is 14.6 feet per second. At that speed you can face plant in 0.2 to 0.3 seconds. Sure, if you lose your balance you have plenty of time to get out of your clipless pedals. But, if you crash you will often be at the mercy of the angles and forces of the crash, like the OP.

But this should come as no surprise, as all the people that need to eject in a hurry (DJ, Slopestyle, Freeride) use platform pedals. Clipless is, and will continue to be, the best way to get power to the ground. But unless you are racing, you are gambling being a faster rider with being able to roll out of crashes (vs being damaged from the crash).

The ultimate choice is yours. Personally, I use clipless for triathlon, and long XC rides. Anything urban, AM, FR, or DH it is strictly platform...and I believe that has saved me several times.
    It's just a matter of practice. I've ridden spds for over 10 years (AM,DH,XC) and I can drop my foot to the floor just as fast as riding with flats. For example yesterday, back tyre started to drift out in a corner and I was able to unclip and skim the dirt to keep the bike upright and not crash. And during a crash a couple of weeks before, an OTB, I was able to unclip and walk it out.

I don't see the gamble in wearing SPDs for everything except maybe DJ. But then again I suck in the air wearing flats or spds.
    It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required.

mtbr member
    I was operated by one of the best Ortho surgeons in the Europe.

I was going to say that looks like a German Hosp. Come join us on one of our Group rides when your feeling better...

http://www.theracc.com/forum.htm

mtbr member
    I hate when i see parallel built bridges, they might as well have no bridge at all.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    damn dude broke mine 2 weeks ago left foot stayed clipped when I was diving over the bars.

Tigers love pepper...
    If everything in the situation was the same - except the pedals SPD vs. Regular - my leg would be whole, and only my ego bruised.
    No way of knowing that. Maybe if you weren't clipped in you would have broken your neck instead? Those SPD's probably just saved your life! Seriously, no way of knowing what changes if you aren't clipped in. I've had some pretty bad crashes with my SPD's and haven't broken my leg yet.

Good luck, heal fast. Having broken my leg in 3 places before, I know the feeling (of course mine was from doing a front flip off of a clothes line pole).

BM and PQ Trail Rep
    My XT SPDs release both directions. It takes no effort at all and they are set to a mid-tention release. I wouldn't blame the equipment for the body failure.

Hope you heal quickly. But the silver lining is you will know when it is getting ready to rain. You bones will now tell you...

http://www.ukqna.com/science/4502-1-science-ukqna.html
    Apathy will get you exactly what you deserve

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Accidents are accidents, sad to hear of your injuries.

"SPD releases by moving heel outwards. My left foot/heel moved inwards locking into SPD with no chance of release. Right foot/leg got disengaged without a problem, because it was rotating outward."

Ive been wanting to remove my multi-release and back to my heel out cleats. I probably won't after reading this.

As a disclaimer, I'm fairly new to clipless but have bailed on some seriously skull breaking situations in toe clips. Not too fearful, but I do like how my M647s and multi-release cleats work as a system for MTB.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    You got hurt because you were enjoying a sport that has risks and your number was up... I broke my collar bone (smashed fingers, got gravel rash, knocked myself out, etc) for the same reason...

You got helped out by a cute EMT. I got walked out of the woods by my sweaty buddy...

mtbr member
    May 2006

Most if not damn near all of our bridges are like that.....

One major reason is the logging trucks go over way smoother, and therfore don't tear the planking up.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by bankerboy
    My XT SPDs release both directions. It takes no effort at all and they are set to a mid-tention release. I wouldn't blame the equipment for the body failure.

Hope you heal quickly. But the silver lining is you will know when it is getting ready to rain. You bones will now tell you...

http://www.ukqna.com/science/4502-1-science-ukqna.html

Yup but the heel can get jammed up on the frame and prevent release....obviously.

IdontShootPeopleAnyMore
    Daemon, did you ever consider the fact that if you were riding a 29er this would not have happned? Don't blame the pedals, it was the wheels that failed you...

sucks you got hurt. heal up!
    What mountain bike forum do pirates use? .....

MTB-arrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

mtbr member
    That blond EMT looks cute. Did you ask her out?

Genius
    Broke left tibia, clean break (no fragments flying around).

How it happened:
    After a whole day ride, on the way down from the mountain on a very easy track. I was crossing a small bridge, and the planks on the bridge are not perpendicular to the bridge direction, rather they are parallel. One plank was worn off, and my wheel stuck in that hole, stopping the bike in an instant. There was NO way I could even anticipate this, my eyes were 10m down the track, and I fell by complete surprise.

I was going slow as I have just passed some hikers. Despite that I flew over the bike with a bit of left-going momentum. This caused my left foot/heel (pedal forward) to rotate to the right (inward the bike) locking it in SPD. I could hear the *CRACK* and tumbled down.

But the problem remains: I broke it due to SPD, talked with my surgeon about it and he confirms that the way fracture looks is not due to hitting a bone on the ground etc. It was because foot was stuck. If I was riding normal pedals, I would not even have a bruise. Crap.

At least the bad weather is coming. Enjoy these last warm days guys, before autumn comes in.
    Sucks to crash. I crash practically on almost every ride, but to blame it solely on your pedals is rather one-sided. Now if you said "my tire blew out on a high speed turn" or " my crank snapped" or there was some other catastrophic failure of the bike structure then you can blame the components.

My first thought is you had improper adjustment to your pedals or you had rocks/dried soil in your cleat which prohibits clean operation of the mechanism (this happens to me quite a bit). In any event you obviously picked a bad line which is ultimately what caused your crash.

None-the-less I wish you well and a full & speedy recovery.
    "I think im gonna go to walmart and look at the mountain bikes and see if i can salvage the rear frame."- Nick_Knipp 3/21/12

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    I will consider something that unlocks both inwards and outwards, yes.
    Your SPDs do release with both an inward or outward rotation. Likely your heel was stopped by the crank or frame.

Sorry you were hurt, but it happens. It is mtbing.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by 6bobby9
    to blame it solely on your pedals is rather one-sided.

Maybe they were PD-A520's...

Sucks to hear about your crash, and I wish you fast healing...

I was thinking along the lines of something you said in one of your early responses. While the SPD's did add to the injury this time, they also hold you on your bike, and saved yours (and a lot of people's) but a lot of times. Kinda like the seatbelt argument, there is always that one person who get's held in the car when it goes up in flames, but for the most part, they do a lot more good than bad.

I ride TIME's. Pedal choice is personal preference, but I would not feel comfy riding unclipped.

Hope you heal fast and ride soon....
    I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand. -- Confucius

banned
    Sep 2007
    Love the OP's critical thinking abilities.

The Unaffiliated
    Oct 2009
    Was the break caused by pulling? (foot stuck to bike, bike stops, yanks on leg)
    or
    Caused by an impact? (no explanation needed)

My 200lbs yanks my foot out of SPD's without any problem, whether I kick my heels out or not. I wish there was video footage of this crash. The OP's description makes it sound like the leg broke because his body weight pulled on it, BEFORE he hit the ground.

I have never worried about breaking a bone in this way, I figure my knee would go first, which might be worse.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DriveByBikeShooting
    Daemon, did you ever consider the fact that if you were riding a 29er this would not have happned? Don't blame the pedals, it was the wheels that failed you...

sucks you got hurt. heal up!

Hmmmm. Yes the wheel locked in the stupid hole. Doubt that the wheel size would help, it is just too deep.
    Daemon
    "Worship the Machines."

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsnotfour
    That blond EMT looks cute. Did you ask her out?
    Got my own sweet blonde at home, no need. I will leave this one for you =)
    Daemon
    "Worship the Machines."

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by thrasher_s
    Was the break caused by pulling? (foot stuck to bike, bike stops, yanks on leg)
    or
    Caused by an impact? (no explanation needed).
    More rotation then pull. As bike stopped instantly, I went over to the left side. My left heel went RIGHT (due to being clipped in) and probably got blocked by frame as others noted.

From here body mass did it's thing. I can remember clear as day the sound and exact moment of snapping. Doc also confirmed that the snap was caused by rotating movement.

Ankle probably survived because it hit the frame, and my knee is a bit sore, yes.

But overall, I broke it before the fall.
    Daemon
    "Worship the Machines."

mtbr member
    A friend had a new acronym for SPD:

Stupid People Die

I use SPD, but I have used flats as well. It seems like a personal preference to me.

I can see how the SPD caused your injury, but it also seems like a very particular instance of several factors, from an wheel-catching gap, riding on a bridge, to an inattentive rider.

Change one or two of these circumstances, and either no crash or no serious injury.

And yes, no SPD would probably have saved you pain.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    I don't think OP is saying the SPD's caused his crash, but simply they caused an injury that would have otherwise not happened had he not been using clipless pedals (or at least SPDs). No need for everyone to get defensive about SPDs and no need to point out that had he not wrecked, he wouldn't had a broken leg....I think that's all pretty obvious.

SPD's did not cause his accident, he's aware of that. SPD's did (if the facts are correct) cause his broken leg. I don't see how you can argue that.

Maybe if he didn't put it in the title, everyone wouldn't have gotten so defensive.

Get well soon mate.

mtbr member
    I broke my leg a few years ago while mountain biking. It sucked. I had a distal spiral of the rt tib/fib, had an external fixator, and got a plate on my fib. Do as instructed by your doctor and for your PT, don't try to go too hard too fast but don't baby it either, and you'll be good to go.

Here's my leg after 9 months:

:wq

bringer of doom
    Here. I helps you.

"crossing a small bridge" + "planks on the bridge are not perpendicular to the bridge direction, rather they are parallel" + "One plank was worn off"

Will always =

"wheel stuck in that hole, stopping the bike in an instant"

Also,

"There was NO way I could even anticipate this"

Next time you will!

"I fell by complete surprise"

No more surprises! See? All fixed. Heal well. Enjoy your blonde!
    Ride on, Anthony.

banned
    Mar 2004
    No offense dude, but to hell with your leg! Did you get the blond's phone number?! She's HOT!

mtbr member
    Well, I do hope you recover quick!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by GDubT
    SPD's did not cause his accident, he's aware of that. SPD's did (if the facts are correct) cause his broken leg. I don't see how you can argue that.

Maybe if he didn't put it in the title, everyone wouldn't have gotten so defensive.

Get well soon mate.
    Ah, there are more people in the world that actually read and understand =) Crash was caused by other factors, including my stupidity as well, but the fracture itself by SPD.

Thanks.
    Daemon
    "Worship the Machines."

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by nachomc
    Here's my leg after 9 months:

The amount of nails ... holy cow, you could build a house with that.
    Daemon
    "Worship the Machines."

mtbr member
    And .. I am home. 8 days in the hospital was enough.

Let's get this leg healed up, check in on some work, see how's my bike, and do some house rest.

Thank you folks for good wishes =)

(No, I am not selling nor bike nor SPDs. XC-4-Ever)
    Daemon
    "Worship the Machines."

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
    Gee, Id almost break my leg to get helped out by her..
    2013 Giant XTC Advanced SL0 Carbon
    2011 TCR Advanced SL
    2012 Omnium
    2013 29CX Frankenbike

mtbr member
    Hell guys, when I get better I will get you more pics of that girl. I promised them to pay them a visit in their base after I get better.
    Daemon
    "Worship the Machines."

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
    Hell guys, when I get better I will get you more pics of that girl. I promised them to pay them a visit in their base after I get better.
    You, sir, are a scholar and a gentleman.
    2013 Giant XTC Advanced SL0 Carbon
    2011 TCR Advanced SL
    2012 Omnium
    2013 29CX Frankenbike

Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
    Yes, the answer is obvious. SPD pedals are an absolute menace to the well-being of the world, and ought be banned immediately.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by scrublover
    Yes, the answer is obvious. SPD pedals are an absolute menace to the well-being of the world, and ought be banned immediately.

HERE HERE!!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by KYjelly
    Gee, Id almost break my leg to get helped out by her..
    Fake a throat injury or death and try to work out some CPR.
    :wq

Big Gulps, Alright!
    Ah, there are more people in the world that actually read and understand =) Crash was caused by other factors, including my stupidity as well, but the fracture itself by SPD.

Thanks.
    Yeah, some people in this thread need to go to the Derek Zoolander Center For Kids Who Can't Read Good And Wanna Learn To Do Other Stuff Good Too

Love how the SPD guys get super defensive about their equipment.
    Axle Standards Explained

Founder at North Atlantic Dirt, riding & writing about trails in the northeast.

mtbr member
    Yeow! Sorry to hear that man! ! ! Hope you are better, up and around soon. I just ride with clip ons.... I never liked my feet being glued to the pedals like that.
    Mountain bike riding is the new dirt bike riding. It's cheaper and you don't get shot at as often.

Members who have read this thread: 1