Ska
    Steel is real.

Sick..........hungover...........riding

So, after all the Christmas activities simmered down and my filled-to-the-rafters house was once again occupied by only my wife and kids; I managed to sneak into the basement for ten minutes and put the new rubber on my Pugs that I had gotten for x-mas.

I played with the kids a countless number of games over the passed few days (all new items they had acquired) ranging from air hockey to Battle Ship (yes they still make that) to some Monster High game my daughter is currently obsessed with to.......

While doing all this, I managed to get soooooome sick!

This morning, I got up and made breakfast and decided Iíd take advantage of the fresh snow that had fallen. I wanted to play my game now. I wanted to head out for a ride. It was to be nothing more than a ďtestĒ of the new tires as I was still sick from the nastiest of head colds Iíd had in ages mixed with one WICKED hangover from the previous night's festivities.

No one to blame but myself on that one.

Despite that, I headed out to test the new rubber.
    Sick..........hungover...........riding-262.jpg

I hit my usual hot spots when out for a short ride and worked my way down to the beach fresh off the gun. Canít tell in the pic but the wind was up big time - a sign I read pretty quickly even before I made it out to the open beach by the fact that much of the snow had been blown clear leaving only sand and stone exposed for large areas.
    Sick..........hungover...........riding-261.jpg

The thaw we had several days earlier followed by a quick re-freeze made for prime beach conditions though. The sand was nice and hard and easily tracked........when headed East at least. Coming back toward the west was......well......nuts. It was not only cold when it hit some of the exposed parts of my face but it was painful after a time.

What ended up still, as expected, a slow-as-hell-Iím-way-too-hungover-and-too-sick-to-be-out-here paced ride, turned out to be far longer than expected.
    Sick..........hungover...........riding-263.jpg

I rolled for nearly 3 hours in this despite suffering like an absolute DOG.

Not sure what was worse though. The head cold (which Iím still dealing with) or the hangover which has (I think) finally dropped off.

Not sure how I found the energy. Iím burning up currently but unable to sleep. I think itís all that damn sugar they put in medicine these days.

God damn!

Maybe I should just go ride some more.....
    Here's my crummy, slow-going blog The Slow Spoke if you're interested.

Unpredictable
    If you live you will have good memories

Kitty! Kitty! Kitty!
    Nice pics!

mtbr member
    Great pictures! In the past I've more than once found that a good ride can be the mythical "cure for the common cold". Head cold for 3-4 days, go out and ride for a couple hours, next morning head cold completely gone. Good times none the less.
    2013 Salsa El Mariachi 29er
    1995 Giant CFR Team Road Bike
    2001 Bianchi Volpe
    2009 KX250F ... 2004 KDX200

Yappy little dog!
    Awesome pics. Must be something going around. I've been hacking up ick since Xmas eve, but like you, I'm stubborn. Gonna ride and either me or the crud!

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    I live in moon shine country and over indulged " big time " over Christmas....couldn't ride, couldn't eat, couldn't even stand for 24hrs but did manage to get out today with a Chainsaw and do a considerable amount of trail maintenance.

Got plenty of shine left for new years , O"BOY .

Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
    I've usually found it to be a good thing, when feeling like ass, to get up and moving. If you can get that momentum going, it can lead to feeling better. If only fleetingly.

Spirit willing>flesh weak and all that rigamarole.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

Currently in Exile
    When I lived in warmer climes, I used to go out riding with some buds on New Years Day after celebrating the previous night. Always seemed to do the trick for banishing the after-effects of New Years Eve.
    "There are those who would say there's something pathological about the need to ride, and they're probably on to something. I'd wager though that most of the society-approved compulsions leave deeper scars in the psyche than a need to go and ride a bicycle on a mountain." Cam McRea

YOUREGO ISNOT YOURAMIGO
    Quote Originally Posted by Ska View Post
    So, after all the Christmas activities simmered down and my filled-to-the-rafters house was once again occupied by only my wife and kids; I managed to sneak into the basement for ten minutes and put the new rubber on my Pugs that I had gotten for x-mas.

I played with the kids a countless number of games over the passed few days (all new items they had acquired) ranging from air hockey to Battle Ship (yes they still make that) to some Monster High game my daughter is currently obsessed with to.......

While doing all this, I managed to get soooooome sick!

This morning, I got up and made breakfast and decided Iíd take advantage of the fresh snow that had fallen. I wanted to play my game now. I wanted to head out for a ride. It was to be nothing more than a ďtestĒ of the new tires as I was still sick from the nastiest of head colds Iíd had in ages mixed with one WICKED hangover from the previous night's festivities.

No one to blame but myself on that one.

Despite that, I headed out to test the new rubber.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	262.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	245.0 KB 
ID:	857791

I hit my usual hot spots when out for a short ride and worked my way down to the beach fresh off the gun. Canít tell in the pic but the wind was up big time - a sign I read pretty quickly even before I made it out to the open beach by the fact that much of the snow had been blown clear leaving only sand and stone exposed for large areas.

Name:	261.jpg 
Views:	298 
Size:	195.7 KB 
ID:	857790

The thaw we had several days earlier followed by a quick re-freeze made for prime beach conditions though. The sand was nice and hard and easily tracked........when headed East at least. Coming back toward the west was......well......nuts. It was not only cold when it hit some of the exposed parts of my face but it was painful after a time.

What ended up still, as expected, a slow-as-hell-Iím-way-too-hungover-and-too-sick-to-be-out-here paced ride, turned out to be far longer than expected.

Name:	263.jpg 
Views:	232 
Size:	181.3 KB 
ID:	857792

I rolled for nearly 3 hours in this despite suffering like an absolute DOG.

Not sure what was worse though. The head cold (which Iím still dealing with) or the hangover which has (I think) finally dropped off.

Not sure how I found the energy. Iím burning up currently but unable to sleep. I think itís all that damn sugar they put in medicine these days.

God damn!

Maybe I should just go ride some more.....
    Your Da Man!!
    Keep It Up!!
    Good passion and inspiration!!
    GoGo Out.
    Yes, Monday and Tuesday are now no longer weekdays. Trust me. LP.
    No Rep/No Problem
    Banned For Boobies WTF?
    Don't PM Me.

YOUREGO ISNOT YOURAMIGO
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridnparadise View Post
    If you live you will have good memories
    What he said!
    Yes, Monday and Tuesday are now no longer weekdays. Trust me. LP.
    No Rep/No Problem
    Banned For Boobies WTF?
    Don't PM Me.