Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Shreddin' in the 90's

6K views 44 replies 38 participants last post by  boostin 
#1 ·
I love this. The hit everything from street, trials, jumps and trail.

#37 ·
Yep..sick. Riding 1" rigid forks, top mount shifters, canti brakes, tubes, 3x7 drivetrains, bar end, and toe clips....we don't need to stinkin' innovations! This is when I started riding...love it! Just goes to show you don't need a 10" travel bike with a dropper post to get it done.

#40 ·
Some of the thoughts I had while watching this were-
-They looked completely normal (for mountain bikers) at that point in time.
-I remember bringing an extra cotton t-shirt in my backpack so I could change into a dry one at the top of the climb
-those guys are badasses
-think how silly the pajama style, flat brimmed hats are gonna feel in 20 years when they see pictures of themselves, especially considering how ridiculous current fashion looks right now. I guess you could say that about people putting all that "product" in their hair to make it stand up as well.
-I never have dreams where I'm flying, but sometimes I dream I can ride a wheelie and manual like them.

Thanks for the cool video.

#44 ·
It's never too late you know. I started wearing one when I got halfway serious about the sport when I was your age.

Luck plays a role for good and bad.

1, I have a healed skull fracture from a helmetless crash onto concrete at 7 years old. Parents thought it was just a concussion and didn't bother with the hospital.

2, I know two guys who are f&*ked from a bicycle crash (dirt jumping) and MC road racing. Both were wearing helmets and both went into comas. When they came back they weren't the same guys anymore, and not for the better.

Drew

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.