Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

should i respray my retro kona fire mountain

6K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  konarideruk 
#1 ·
hi guys i'm looking for some advise, i've recently brought a kona fire mountain , believed to be the 2000 model, but not sure,
i'm considering getting the frame resprayed and replacing the black and yellow stickers on red with white stickers on red, i know this will change the total look off the bike and i'm very Apprehensive about doing this.
two reasons i'm considering this are...i can't get the orginal stickers anywhere and i'm not that happy with the colour sceme.
i'd apricate any feed back,

Attachments

See less See more
#9 ·
I don't particularly think that any stickers look good on a bike. I guess in some stickers look better than others. And I guess there's some value in a bike having its original stickers but that's lost on me.

When I first got my Bontrager Race Light it had fairly elaborate stickers that made a graphic statement. But when they got torn up by them off and went I powder coated frame I left them off altogether except for they head badge. I think it looks much better.

Attachments

#10 · (Edited)
It's not the Mona Lisa, if you want to repaint it, just do it.
Having said that, last time I tried respraying a frame myself I promised I'd never do it again, I'd definitely pay out for professional powder coating, and it won't cost much more than all the degreaser, paint stripper, wet & dry paper, & spray cans of primer & top coat you'd need to buy (more cans than you think), plus all the time it takes.
Get it powder coated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.