mtbr member

SHITE!!! Moving to Tampa. Freeriding Anyone ???

Up till this morning I was pretty upbeat because the info I was going on in order to open a new business pointed to Orlando. I used to go there a lot and find it ok. Reddick and Ocala is pretty close by and if I really get that feeling, I can spend long weekends up in Asheville and ride Pisgah.

Just found out today that Ft.Myers to Tampa is going to be a more likely location due to better customers for my proposed business. I am going to look at Tampa first since it is the highest point north. Any decent trails there??? Anyone freeride?? Not sure if I should be happy or sad......

YaMon.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005

As good as anywhere in Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by YaMon
    Up till this morning I was pretty upbeat because the info I was going on in order to open a new business pointed to Orlando. I used to go there a lot and find it ok. Reddick and Ocala is pretty close by and if I really get that feeling, I can spend long weekends up in Asheville and ride Pisgah.

Just found out today that Ft.Myers to Tampa is going to be a more likely location due to better customers for my proposed business. I am going to look at Tampa first since it is the highest point north. Any decent trails there??? Anyone freeride?? Not sure if I should be happy or sad......

YaMon.
    There's plenty of good stuff within a short drive. The hot tickets are Alafia and Boyette, these are both south of Tampa.. A little further out in Lakeland you've got Carter and the legendary TOE. The Wilderness Park trails, Flatwood, Morris Bridge, Trout Creek are mostly flat singletrack with little terrain. I love riding 'em but I'm a reformed roadie so whaddo I know.

Here's some links:
    http://www.swampclub.org/locations.htm
    http://www.ridgeriders.net/

Come on down. You'll dig it.

Ron

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    check out the newest issue of BIKE, there is a great article on the florida freeriding scene.

mtbr member
    In Tampa, the closest places for you to ride are the TOE, Alafia and Carter Road and Santos and Razorback are not that far away (straight shot up I-75). If you are into freeriding and dirt jumps, the TOE and Santos are the places you want to hit. The TOE is private, so you have to join the RidgeRiders (www.ridgeriders.net) to ride there, but it is money well spent.

mtbr member

forgive my ignorance...

Quote Originally Posted by BillT
    In Tampa, the closest places for you to ride are the TOE, Alafia and Carter Road and Santos and Razorback are not that far away (straight shot up I-75). If you are into freeriding and dirt jumps, the TOE and Santos are the places you want to hit. The TOE is private, so you have to join the RidgeRiders (www.ridgeriders.net) to ride there, but it is money well spent.

...but is the TOE the only trail listed in this thread that is on private land/need a membership to ride there?

My mother has a place in the Sarasota area and have been recently looking around at any trails in the area...would like to ship the bike down with me next time i visit!

mtbr member
    Yes, the TOE is the only place that I've listed that is private, however, if you contact the guys over at www.ridgeriders.net, they may be able to hook you up when you come down. Probably the closest trail to you from Sarasota would be Alafia, which is a great trail system but its not a place to go to expect a lot of freeriding/dirt jumping like you would experience at the TOE.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BillT
    Yes, the TOE is the only place that I've listed that is private, however, if you contact the guys over at www.ridgeriders.net, they may be able to hook you up when you come down. Probably the closest trail to you from Sarasota would be Alafia, which is a great trail system but its not a place to go to expect a lot of freeriding/dirt jumping like you would experience at the TOE.

I'll definitely do that. Thanks...

banned
    the other 49 states' freeriders will wear their zippers at half-mast for your loss.

yeah, uh............bikes
    Quote Originally Posted by gonzostrike
    the other 49 states' freeriders will wear their zippers at half-mast for your loss.
    Some stuff at the TOE, stuntland.
    pictures courtesy of freeridesouth.com
    Attached Images Attached Images