mtbr member

Sharing the passion with my son

My son, whoii is 7 years old, is becoming quite the bike fanatic. He has been riding fir years, and he loves to go on smooth trail rides and just ride around the neighborhood.
    I recently pulled a few items out of storage, one of them being my early 1980's Mongoose Supergoose BMX bike.
    Ou should have seen his eyes when I brough it home. Now we are going to revamp it a bit. Polish the chrome, new tires, grips and seat, etc
    seeing his excitement for this OLD bike is really fun.
    I knew I kept that thing fir a reason...
    2009 MOOTS Mooto X
    2009 Salsa Fargo
    2012 Surly Pugsley
    2012 Cannondale SL4 29

6BR
    mtbr member
    I can relate.... I do wish I still had my old bmx bike..it was a junior fox MT racer...1985 MT Racing JuniorFox - BMXmuseum.com..talk about the coolest thing ever being a 7yr old kid, dad took me up to Sandusky Ohio out of the blue one day during summer and let me pick a bike out. It was the most beautiful thing I ever laid eyes on...so nimble, fast and cool looking, I was the envy of my friends.

...I ended up breaking the top tube & steerer tube weld after about 7 yrs of hard riding and jumping.

Speaking of Mongoose...I still have my old mongoose scooter, the nice ones with mag wheels that came out in the early 80s. Dad restored it for me and gave it back to me recently when I bought my 1st house. I remember being the only kid in the neighborhood with one...of course after that it spawned a scooter craze in all my friends.
    A troll's day:1.Log on 2.Write sh*tty comments 3.Laugh 4.Notice dick is still small 5.Weep openly 6.Have mom make him a PB&J