Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Self timer passion! Post 'em up!

46K views 223 replies 116 participants last post by  johnnyspoke 
#1 ·
Something like 90% of the time I ride alone, and ride in some pretty scenic areas. A lot of times I'll see a great view and think "all that needs is for a rider to be in the picture". So, quite often, and with varied levels of success, this will involve rigging up the self timer and trying to catch an "action" shot, (opposed to standing and posing shot). Anybody else do this? Post them up! Any hints or ideas too.

Here are a few of mine:
Wood Forest Trunk Wilderness Log bridge

Nature Natural environment Natural landscape Nature reserve Forest

Nature Brown Natural environment Yellow Atmosphere

Clothing Tire Wheel Bicycle wheel Bicycle tire

Clothing Tire Bicycle wheel Wheel Bicycle frame

See less See more
#41 ·
So things got a little crazy for a while and now we're into the short days and long nights, I've been trying to do self timer *night* shots with mixed success (lots of failures for a few keepers) Here's a few:

First with flash
Night Bicycle clothing Darkness Midnight Space

"pose" shot
Bicycle wheel Bicycle tire Bicycle Spoke Mountain bike

trying to trackstand
Night Darkness Workwear Midnight Lens flare

a little artsy?
Motorcycle Highland Motorcycling Motocross Terrain

What's everyone else been doing?

#49 ·
#51 ·
Wow, pretty cool shots. Lots of work, especially where the camera appears to be set far away. I certainly don't have the patience to try this, nor am I inclined to take our expensive camera out on the trail with me (my wife would kill me if I hurt it!). Maybe the cell phone camera would work?

Anyway, thanks for sharing!

#52 ·
The best tool for this is a camera with a true time-lapse feature. That way you can have a short time between shots and it can shoot until the card is full, battery dies, or you stop it. Do your run/trick/whatever a bunch of times in a row, and you'll more than likely capture the shot you want.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.