Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Sedona photo dump

3K views 23 replies 17 participants last post by  KRob 
#1 · (Edited)
I don't post in Passion too much but thought I'd share a few pixels from the last two trips to Sedona. I live upstate NY and Arizona in general and Sedona in particular have become some of my favorite late Fall to early Spring mountain biking destinations.

Part of the trip was spent riding with the Knolly crew in Phoenix and a trip report with pictures can be found here.

The trails speak for themselves and the local MTB communities are some of the most open and inviting I have experienced anywhere. This is my way of thanking everyone who has shared some of these amazing trails with me.

I am already looking forward to the next visit!

See less See more
#13 ·
Great pics but...

I didn't need to see all those great pics of people having fun on their bikes in a beautiful location when it is cold and dark and will be so for months here in Boston. Hell, even when its nice here, it is not Sedona nice.
Seriously though, great pictures!

#15 ·
Gorgeous additions to this Sedona post. I live a lot closer to Sedona than you and don't get there nearly as often. My bad. No excuse for that.

I need to get over to that Northwest side of town next time I go. I've never done the new trails over there (witchdoctor, Special Ed, Aerie, etc.) Looks like good stuff. Hard to pull myself away from the three H's when I go.

#19 ·
Believe it or not, I actually had a work excuse to be in Sedona this time :)

Three H's are always excellent and I never fail to take at least one run on each of them. Hiline is easy to string together with some of the trails in West Sedona: you can start from the High School and ride down Special Ed -> Pyramid -> Witch Doctor -> Pyramid for a great run that dumps you by the Red Rock Crossing, go over the creek up Templeton to Easy Breezy and with a short connector you get into the Shades and onto Hiline.

Thanks for the passion hit Luca! I'm headed to phoenix the end of the month. I'm trying to figure out how to convince the wife that I need to stay for a few extra days in Sedona. I'm gonna hit you up for some intel...
Jim, if you go to Phoenix and don't have time to make the trip to Sedona you can ride right in town on some of the most deliciously technical terrain at South Mountain or on lung-busting climbs in the McDowell range in Scottsdale. I'll be happy to give you suggestions and connect you with some friendly crews over there.

#16 ·
Damn. Spent so much time in Sedona in the late 70's, early 80's, as my grandfather lived there. Did so much outdoors, but sadly, the last time I was there (for his memorial service) was the only time that MTB had gotten a foot hold there.

Gotta go back, drive past his house, stop in at the new library that he was instrumental in helping build, AND get my tires dirty.......

Thanks.

#23 ·
Nice images. We were in Sedona last Thursday. The plan was to rent a bike and mountain bike all day. Unfortunately our dog was hit and killed by a vehicle the night before, so she didn't have the heart to ride, and I honestly didn't want to leave her for the day. So we hiked the area, some of the trails look familiar , and when we watched bikers go by I felt pangs of jealousy. I don't think I would have enjoyed it as much if things were different, so we will go back another day.
I look forward to it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.