Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

In search of some single track

660 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  elcaro1101 
#1 ·
There is an area about 20min from town that I hunted and fished with my Dad when I was younger. I know the area well and enjoy kicking around those parts. At a recent local trail group meeting, I saw some maps of the area with single track trails marked out between and including some old logging roads. They did not have a lot of information but talked about how good the system was. Being that I know the area, I buddy and I set out to find this new trail system and enjoy the day.

A few pictures from where we parked.

Up and over the mountain we went....I sure don't remember that can 4 climb on the quads. :) I took a few shots from the other side of the mountain.

We checked out a bunch of side trails that we know go to the water edge looking for these "trails". We took a break at a great spot on the water.

Mike looking thinking about a nap.

More shots along the way.

At about 10mi in I was hearing a noise from my rear end and feared my rear floating hub was acting up. We decided to head back to the truck and abandon the trail search. I stopped by the LBS on the way home and asked the manager about the trails and had him look at my bike. He laughed and said there was the first scheduled work party in a couple weeks to start cutting those trails in. :) Apparently I was told a story about the trail system to be...we had fun anyways.

On a side note, I am absolutely in love with this Heckler...great bike and it climbs like a goat compared to my VTone that it replaced.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.