2006 Yeti AS-X

Say it ain't so Joe!

In the annual pilgrimage that I have taken since May, 2010 to the wonderful world of Fruita, Colorado, one gem of a trail entices me to climb upon her 6" wide track and see how much fun putting knobbies on her dirty self can bring to this rider.

She might not be as intense as her older sibling, Zippity, but she can still give you a wonderful dose of intensity all in her own. With the addition of MoJo, she has more up her sleeve than originally built. She has come into her own even more...she demands full respect...you have to take that left turn on the way to Zippity and pay her her due.

Yes...Joe's Ridge is that trail.

I don't use Strava. Don't need an application to tell me I am slow because I already know.

Yappy little dog!
    Nice video.

I must be the only person who thinks Fruita is over-rated. I'm just not a big fan and never have been. I'd rather head the extra 45 minutes west to Moab. That being said, I do like the Zion Curtain Trail, but it's very un-Fruita-ish and I guess not really in Fruita .

CrgCrkRyder
    Apr 2007
    Looks like fun.

2006 Yeti AS-X
    Quote Originally Posted by schnauzers View Post
    Nice video.

I must be the only person who thinks Fruita is over-rated. I'm just not a big fan and never have been. I'd rather head the extra 45 minutes west to Moab. That being said, I do like the Zion Curtain Trail, but it's very un-Fruita-ish and I guess not really in Fruita .
    I have ridden in Moab a few times, it is definitely different riding than what you see mostly in Fruita - I do like the downtown scene in Moab and Grand Junction - lots of great places to shop and get some great grub.
    I don't use Strava. Don't need an application to tell me I am slow because I already know.

Currently in Exile
    Enjoyed the video. Enjoyed Joe's in 2012 when I got to ride it. Enjoyed Kessel run too. Would love to be able to go back and experience more of what the area has to offer.
    "There are those who would say there's something pathological about the need to ride, and they're probably on to something. I'd wager though that most of the society-approved compulsions leave deeper scars in the psyche than a need to go and ride a bicycle on a mountain." Cam McRea

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    very nice. thanx

Rolling
    I think the oscillation between Moab and Fruita is a good thing. Since Fruita upped the ante on single track, Moab stepped up and started building a huge network of new trail, which created a response of the new additions in Fruita.

Moe trails for da peeps!

Keep it going.

2006 Yeti AS-X
    Quote Originally Posted by lidarman View Post
    I think the oscillation between Moab and Fruita is a good thing. Since Fruita upped the ante on single track, Moab stepped up and started building a huge network of new trail, which created a response of the new additions in Fruita.

Moe trails for da peeps!

Keep it going.
    A little bit of friendly competition is good for the customers...of course, in the case of Fruita vs Moab, I wouldn't really call it competition in the pure business sense because they are so close together that you could ride a sampling of trail in both areas in one day... or spend a day or two in Fruita and a day or two in Moab.

I would think they compliment each other in my opinion. By adding more trails and such, that gives us just that much more reason to come back.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by schnauzers View Post
    Nice video.

I think Fruita and Moab are entirely different kinds of riding, so different horses for different courses. To each their own... I prefer going to both places, along with Summit County, Crested Butte, and Durango too.

2006 Yeti AS-X
    I have the MoJo trail video up in the Videos forum.

Mojo JoJo!!!!!!

This trail is an awesome addition...before you had to ride Joe's Ridge, then take the road over to the lower half of Kessel Run to make a complete run....now, you can ride Joe's and MoJo all the way down to the parking lot - trail ends where Kessels ends.