Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Rude and immature mtbr users...

5K views 62 replies 38 participants last post by  TrailVictim 
#1 ·
You know who you are. Is anybody else completely sickened by these individuals who reply to threads only to talk ****? I see a lot of reasonable, constructive threads getting mashed by people looking to talk smack and put others down. I question how much these folks really care about Mtn. Biking and the biking community. It's such a nuiscance that i want to stay away at times. Is there a moderator for Passion? How about many moderators since there are so many posts? Do you need another? Guess i'll keep slogging through the verbal mudd here.

How lame to waste time on this, I could be writing a letter to my local Senator about trails that need protecting. Ok, that's next:)

#2 · (Edited)
lswing said:
You know who you are. Is anybody else completely sickened by these individuals who reply to threads only to talk ****? I see a lot of reasonable, constructive threads getting mashed by people looking to talk smack and put others down. I question how much these folks really care about Mtn. Biking and the biking community. It's such a nuiscance that i want to stay away at times. Is there a moderator for Passion? How about many moderators since there are so many posts? Do you need another? Guess i'll keep slogging through the verbal mudd here.

How lame to waste time on this, I could be writing a letter to my local Senator about trails that need protecting. Ok, that's next:)
Hey jackass, learn to spell. You mis-spelled NUISANCE, MUD, and ****. Also, you did not capitalize I when used to refer to yourself. Get a life you poor spelling internet loser. BULC was just trying to be helpful, and you go and throw a hissy fit. ;)

#3 ·
All is well Grasshopper...

lswing said:

Iswing, I see that you are relatively new to the forum by the number of posts. You may have been lurking longer. I have only been around about a year now and went through the same thing you are expressing now. This board and most of the people who post here tends to heal itself and get back on track without much input from the all powerful moderators. Try to take it with a grain of salt. Most of us are here cause we like to ride. This forum is a place to blather on about how much we like/hate riding at any given moment. Remember that everybody has good & bad days. The people who are bothering you the most have the least to offer you, so ignore them. I have learned a ton, have been on a bunch of mtbr rides and met a bunch of great people through this site. Give it a chance and I think you will learn to enjoy it for what it is...both the good and the bad.
(and in my case the ugly!!)
Cheers and go riding while it isn't raining!
Grover

#4 ·
lswing said:
Is anybody else completely sickened by these individuals who reply to threads only to talk ****?
Nope. I find it highly amusing to read all the smack that gets talked back and forth. I pretty much am a lurker here, but it seems to me that Passion is where people come to dick around when they want to waste time and even flame each other. That's what Passion is known for. The other forums are where the more serious discussions take place. Well, except for that forum where everybody seems to be having a chocolate meltdown at the moment. ;)

Oh BTW, heavy handed moderators are the last thing this place needs.

How long before Pete comes back?

#5 ·
Word.....

Bikehigh said:
Nope. I find it highly amusing to read all the smack that gets talked back and forth. I pretty much am a lurker here, but it seems to me that Passion is where people come to dick around when they want to waste time and even flame each other. That's what Passion is known for. The other forums are where the more serious discussions take place. Well, except for that forum where everybody seems to be having a chocolate meltdown at the moment. ;)

Oh BTW, heavy handed moderators are the last thing this place needs.

How long before Pete comes back?
That is a bullseye BikeHigh. BTW, is your handle a verb?

#6 ·
from The Havamal...

"...Bandy no speech with a bad man:
Often the better is beaten
In a word fight by the worse..."

forum words are for friends or for friendly rivals. Jerks and enemies deserve apathy...ignore them until they cross your path....then do not hurt your enemies lightly.

#7 ·
I'm with Iswing

mtbr can be such a great resourse. It has helped me a bunch in the short 5 months I've been posting around. The rude folk can kiss my dairy air. The sad part is that I think the good are greatly out numbered by the bad. From one noob to another, hang in there. Use the site for what it's worth. To the rest of ya' . . . BE NICE.

#15 ·
lidarman said:
LOL! I guess that means all posts meet the posting guidelines huh? ;););););););)

However, despite the reality, no complaints other than rants on the forum itself is proof that it's a non-issue!
Yeah this place would basically suck with heavy moderator power. I also learned to ignore negative comments from people because, I bet they do have their bad days. Later
Dave

#16 ·
Flamebait post of the day..

lswing said:

Have fun...

#18 ·
The old "whaaaa moderator" thread

lswing said:

come on Iswing, sack up, even the meanest MTBRer is mild compared to the average motorist.

#21 ·
Pick your content.

Just like using the Product Reviews you have to learn what to ignore and how to value the rest. No one here is going to do it for you. It's pretty simple and very much like Channel Surfing. If you don't like what is being said or don't think it worthy of your time, don't hook up with it. If someone is being evil just walk away from it. Otherwise you are just taking the bait and propagating more crappola. I am amazed that people think that if they confront someone who is behaving in a way they don't like that they are going to change their ways.

#22 ·
And yet you R here and will continue to come back for....

as a dog returns to it's vomit, so too, a fool to his folly :D

lswing said:

#24 ·
suck it up

Think of me as your D.I. I'm here to try to teach you sumthin that might help you out someday. I'm not trying to be yer pal, or make you like me and I don't care if I offend your delicate sensibilities. I don't have to be a nice guy; like Dr. Science, I know more than you do. So suck it up maggot.

College girl renter living next door with her animal house pals gets her little asian compact stuck in their unshoveled driveway yesterday. LIke a Kia is gonna bash its way through a 3' wall left by the snowplow. First I know of it, I hear this weird noise outside like a wounded critter or something. I look out, she is throwing a hissy fit. Guess she was going skiing. She's trying to dig with a ski, then she heaves that, crying loudly the whole time. At one point she sits down in the snow and just bawls and bawls. Hell I would have gladly helped her, at least told her she needs to turn the front wheels straight, notcockeyed 45 degrees, to drive out of the snow, duh, but it was so hilarious watching this spoiled little college brat throw her little fit that I thought better of it and just enjoyed the show. Probably the first time crying didn't get her what she wanted. Cars ain't people.
Cleaned their driveway down to cement this afternoon with the snowblower. Didn't tell her I saw her show.
Now drop and give me 20 computerboy..

#25 ·
That's why I avoid the politcal/socio/economic BS forum like the plague. There ain't nothing that anyone is going to say that will change a democrat into a republican, or an atheist into a christian, or a Bush supporter into an Anti-Bush-ite, (etc.) or vice versa in either case. I guess some people just like showing of their argue-ing (sp?) skills (or lack of them).

#26 ·
bulC said:
Think of me as your D.I. I'm here to try to teach you sumthin that might help you out someday. I'm not trying to be yer pal, or make you like me and I don't care if I offend your delicate sensibilities. I don't have to be a nice guy; like Dr. Science, I know more than you do. So suck it up maggot.

Now drop and give me 20 computerboy..
The difference between you and a DI is that he is paid to do his job. Who is paying you to be a dick?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.