Yappy little dog!

Rolling Ridgeline

Just South of Denver, CO, is the town of Castle Rock. A sprawling suburban landscape nestled between the eastern plains and the Dakota sandstone ridge that stretches across the entire state. If you drove through the town along I-25, you wouldn't give it a second thought. You could not even see the area that houses this gem of a trail system from the highway. Who knew a trail system would start right in the middle of suburban sprawl?

It was a picture perfect day. Sort of the calm before the snow expected during the week. Take advantage while you can! The trails are mostly decomposed granite, typical of most of Colorado. However, these trails had a bit more organic material to help keep the marbles down.

There is a nice 10 mile loop along the outside and then a bunch of connector trails within. You can get a good ride in. There's even talk about adding another 12 miles with adjacent property.

I have to admit I was skeptical of this being a decent ride, but I am glad I was wrong.

It has some unique vegetation for the area as well. Riding through the scrub oak was definitely different. I'll have to see what it's like when the leaves come out and fall might actually have some color.

And so ends another great weekend of riding.

The 5th knuckle
    Nice write up. I'm a hole 1.5 miles away from the trail head. Holler at me next time. I'd love to ride with the infamous schnauzer.

This was my lunch ride on the 4th.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hernando Gutierrez
    The only thing you have to figure out is don't fall down. To keep riding the bike.

Yappy little dog!
    Quote Originally Posted by jaycastlerock View Post
    Nice write up. I'm a hole 1.5 miles away from the trail head. Holler at me next time. I'd love to ride with the infamous schnauzer.
    Great way to spend lunch.

I'll give you a shout out next time. I don't live too close, but I will be back. Too much fun to pass up.

mtbr member
    It is pretty amazing how the trail builders made creative use of the topography there. The trail snakes back and forth, doubles back and contours in and out of the little canyons and drainages. You can see that really well on your Garmin map. They fit a 10 mile loop into 5 miles of terrain. But it rides really well! I'm glad to hear they are thinking about expanding the park.
    I drank the 29er koolaid- turns out it was POWERade

pin it
    Nice pics and write -up!
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies