mtbr member
    Feb 2009

Cool-blue Rhythm Riding in the rain and braking into houses (mine)

Had two rides this weekend. Both were fun and interesting...

Friday night- Decided to ride the local trails and meet some friends on them. Met up, rode, and decided to stop for beer and shrimp. Got to the bar/restaurant and realized it was getting dark. No problem as we were 3 miles from my house.

So Matt and I rode mine and my wife's bike to my house to pick up my car. Got back to my house (trail that leads to my hood was DARK). Realized house keys in wife's bag (at bar). At this point it's too dark to ride anymore without lights, so I checked all the doors and windows on the first floor... all locked.

Then I remembered the upstairs window sometimes doesn't latch since the weather stipping is too thick. So I climbed up my two kayaks to get on the roof (ladder was in locked closet), and broke in my own house by simply opening the window.

Removed stripping (since it was way too easy to get in my house) and drove up to bar. Had some beers and shared some laughs. I was just happy none of my neighbors called the cops on me.

Then yesterday we had a great ride. Started raining halfway through. I don't head out to ride in the rain (don't want to hurt the trails), but man it is so fun when it starts to rain unexpectedly. Cooled it off, and felt like a big kid. Got dirty, and here's the aftermath...

So, anyone else have a passion for braking into their own house and riding in the rain?!?!?!
    Last edited by pointerDixie214; 09-07-2010 at 11:01 AM.

mtbr member
    Gotta love a nice ride that's accompanied by a good story to tell!...
    Looking for local rides? You'll find plenty on my website: Bay Area Mountain Bike Rides.

the test dummy
    ive had to break in to my house way to many times
    Quote Originally Posted by craftworks750
    Riding a mtb is like a reset button, 10 mins in and there is nothing else in the world that matters.
    my bikes
    -
    Ben

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    This is the second time I have had to brake into this house in the last year... never had to before this...

Members who have read this thread: 0