mtbr member

Riding with the Polar Express.

You gotta love Saturdays. I can sleep in and go riding when the sun's up and the temps have increased. It was a nice toasty 30 degrees this morning on my ride. Access to the high ridge was denied due to snow in the canyon that leads to it.... so I hike-a-biked up the steep motorcycle hill climb instead. The steep techy down is worth the hike. I played around a bit and discovered a couple of new lines over some rocks. Fun day.

The Polar Express was just getting ready to take off when I came back through the trainyards on my way home. I figured I might get a glimpse of the old Ghost Train when a couple of workers told my I was trespassing as I rode by them on my "rails to the trail" route I normally take to get to my winter stomping grounds across the valley.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    A few more.

mtbr member
    great shots KRob......that's a beautiful valley that you live in. Sagebrush up to a certain elevation ?

later, Chad

Wolf nipple chips

nice shots, man

i'm jealous. spectacular views, and looks like a pretty rippin' trail!

CF

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by nwmtb
    great shots KRob......that's a beautiful valley that you live in. Sagebrush up to a certain elevation ?
    Thanks. Yes, sagebrush hangs in there up to a certain elevation..... but it's pretty ubiquitous around here (It's the state flower after all). I'm still in sagebrush on some trails around 9500-10000 feet.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabin Fever
    i'm jealous. spectacular views, and looks like a pretty rippin' trail!

CF
    Some people drive through Nevada and ask where's all the trees? I drive through places with tons of trees like Oregon and ask why can't I see anything? I love the big open views. I guess I get kinda claustraphobic with too many trees.

The train is Engine 40, the Ghost Train of Old Ely. It's a short line tourist train that goes from Ely up to the copper mine near Ruth. 1908 Baldwin, I think.

K(not a train buff)Rob

edit: Oh, trails not train. I thought you said Rippin' Train.... Oh well, you got the train info anyway. LOL. The trail is fun.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by KRob
    Some people drive through Nevada and ask where's all the trees? I drive through places with tons of trees like Oregon and ask why can't I see anything? I love the big open views. I guess I get kinda claustraphobic with too many trees.
    That is so true....at least this time of year. Sometimes though, you just need to get out of the sun. Nice to see that Nevada, like New Mexico allows you to choose.

M