Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Riding into the New Year

535 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  TVC15 
#1 ·
after trying to decide what i am going to do for new years the only thing that seems to keep comming up time and time again is, going up to my favourite local trails and ride into the new year as long as the temps dont drop into the negative doubble digits(celcius).

what do you guys think of this idea and is anyone planning on doing this. i have found that the biggest problem is finding other people that are willing to give up getting smashed and come out for some winter riding fun instead.

and if there is anyone here that rides durham forest or 3 rox would you be interested?

#3 ·
Loki said:
What a great idea. I think I will do the same, though I don't live anywhere near you. I agree it will be hard to find someone to ride with. But what a great way to end a year and begin a new one.

Here is to good weather on new years.
Hear, hear!

#5 ·
TVC15 said:
Hey Sandan: I'm up for a New Year's (or New Year's Eve) Day ride, assuming there are some ridable trails by then, which looks very promising ... :)
New Years Eve Day (Friday) I've gotta work, probably get out early though I'm not sure what time so that's a possibility.
The 1st Saturday I can/will definitely ride.
Let's figure something out. I'll email or call you tomorrow to get some plans set.

#6 ·
sandan said:
New Years Eve Day (Friday) I've gotta work, probably get out early though I'm not sure what time so that's a possibility.
The 1st Saturday I can/will definitely ride.
Let's figure something out. I'll email or call you tomorrow to get some plans set.
Sounds good! I'm off as of this moment until Jan 4. Until then, I'll be on bike somewhere, road or mountain. :) :) :) BTW, the foothills are looking really green already, probably lots of mud though. Will do some recon and report back ...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.