Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Drinker w/ Riding Problem

Riding with Hincapie

well maybe for about 5 seconds then he was gone!

today went over to my buddy Jack's house, then from there ride on over to Paris Mountain.

DSC_0015

we waited for J to show, then head out onto the trails, as we passed one of the parking lots we noticed big George getting ready to head out as well.

once on the trail within no time their group reeled us in, we tried our best to stay on their wheel ( yeah, that lasted all of maybe 5 seconds )

DSC_0018

DSC_0026

Crossed paths with him 3 more times throughout the park. Though it was strange he was riding a Giant instead of a Trek, I would've figured Trek showered it's superstar's any latest and greatest bike they wanted... what do i know? Cool to see a local hero out and playing in the dirt.

DSC_0028

DSC_0030

some pix from the days ride

DSC_0035

DSC_0038

DSC_0054

DSC_0061

DSC_0078

DSC_0081

DSC_0084

DSC_0093

DSC_0095

good times, great ride thanks guys

mtbr member

Nice pics

Since big George switched to the, now sponsorless, T-Mobile team they were sponsored by Giant, good to see him able to ride better equipment now.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Those pics are incredible. What camera do you use? I've never once been on a mountain bike trip where the participants were patient enough to stop long enough for pictures.

Edit: D80, I could have guessed it. I have a D80 as well. How do you carry it on rides? When I ride I carry my Canon SD800.

Quote Originally Posted by ScreenName
    Edit: D80, I could have guessed it. I have a D80 as well. How do you carry it on rides?
    Lowepro TLZ pack clipped to my camelbak straps - works great

PNF-NS-10-07- 099

life is a barrel o'fun
    Gorgeous. Especially the rear view of George. But also those leaves on the gray stones in the shot above. Nice work!
    "We sat outside the dentist, tooting a horn on the guy's bike."-overheard in the Underground

Trying a little
    serious stalkage

I never apologize. I'm sorry, but that's just the way I am.

mtbr member

dauum..

Quote Originally Posted by brado1
    well maybe for about 5 seconds then he was gone!

today went over to my buddy Jack's house, then from there ride on over to Paris Mountain.

DSC_0015

we waited for J to show, then head out onto the trails, as we passed one of the parking lots we noticed big George getting ready to head out as well.

once on the trail within no time their group reeled us in, we tried our best to stay on their wheel ( yeah, that lasted all of maybe 5 seconds )

DSC_0018

DSC_0026

Crossed paths with him 3 more times throughout the park. Though it was strange he was riding a Giant instead of a Trek, I would've figured Trek showered it's superstar's any latest and greatest bike they wanted... what do i know? Cool to see a local hero out and playing in the dirt.

DSC_0028

DSC_0030

some pix from the days ride

DSC_0035

DSC_0038

DSC_0054

DSC_0061

DSC_0078

DSC_0081

DSC_0084

DSC_0093

DSC_0095

good times, great ride thanks guys
    what cha holding in your hand...are you john holmes reincarnated?

Surfin' da mountain
    Hincapie's TREK looked just like a Giant to me. Hmmm

desert dweller
    Quote Originally Posted by Cucucachu
    Hincapie's TREK looked just like a Giant to me. Hmmm

I guess with Discovery (trek) and T-Mobile (Giant) out of the game big George can choose his own ride now. Maybe he needs a Ventana or two.

mbb

mtbr member
    I know he's the Local Hero...
    But he's one of mine too, even if I'm not local...

Great PICS!!!!
    Good Luck next season BIG GEORGE!!!!

zrm
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    From what I understand, the former T-Mobile team has the money to operate for the season without a sponsor so Hincape still has a job.

Now broadcasting from CO
    Quote Originally Posted by zrm
    From what I understand, the former T-Mobile team has the money to operate for the season without a sponsor so Hincape still has a job.
    That's good. What will they do for frames then? Maybe they will break new ground by allowing each rider to ride whatever frame he or she chooses. That would be really cool, but will definitely never happen.
    Brought to you by rocks.

MTP
    Nothing to see here
    Mar 2004
    Excellent pics! A few comments to George:

1) Your bike is WAY too clean. This ain't road riding.
    2) Lycra and mountain bikes don't mix.
    3) Discovery Channel is no longer your sponsor.
    4) Dude, you crank! You're still the man, George.
    If not biking, then what?

beer thief
    Quote Originally Posted by thadthetroll
    quoting the whole photo post = rookie mistake

NIce pics, Brado, excellent quality.

crd
    ride like a girl
    DSC_0028

funny tongue photo . my brother use to do that when he played video games... he didn't even realize he was doing it...

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    He's my uncle! Been going to his races since I was 3 and he was 20 all the way from Farmingdale, NY.

Sweep the leg!
    You should have made him sprint, then you'd have beat him. Nice Rig too.
    Authorities speculate that speed may have been a factor. They are also holding gravity and inertia for questioning.

paintbucket
    Nice socks.
    When the going gets weird its bedtime.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Looks like george's having a good time. And that's cool, considering that most the pictures I saw of him last year were in a ditch with a broken steerer, on the tarmac after his front wheel was chopped by that gerolsteiner slacker.
    It was April,and I was descending a local trail out here in the wasatch and saw a guy climbing up, so I stopped to let him continue his climb. As I leaned off the trail I said "great day isn't it" and his response was "yea, and it's great to be back on dirt again." As he passed I got a good look at his smiling mug, and I was speachless. It wasn't that I was star-struck, I just had no idea what to say to Floyd.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by thadthetroll
    YES! Only I am disease resistant (monogomous/married). My only drawback is that I still can't figure out the need to go fixie .

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by brado1
    Brado, just curious, was this ride at or near "Pla d'Adet"? I remember reading that Hincapie had started an upscale "performance training" community somewhere in the Carolinas. Lots o' money required to buy in. link --> Pla d'Adet.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by PAmtbiker
    That's good. What will they do for frames then? Maybe they will break new ground by allowing each rider to ride whatever frame he or she chooses. That would be really cool, but will definitely never happen.

The team is renamed Team High Road and still has sponsorship by Giant and Shimano. The only sponsors that dropped are T-Mobile (which paid a large settlement to the team) and Audi.

I thought it funny when I first saw him riding the Anthem that Giant didn't give him an Anthem Advanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave.
    Brado, just curious, was this ride at or near "Pla d'Adet"? I remember reading that Hincapie had started an upscale "performance training" community somewhere in the Carolinas. Lots o' money required to buy in. link --> Pla d'Adet.
    that community is going to be near the SC/NC border, Paris Mtn State Park (where i took these shots) is right outside Greenville City Limits - George's house is only 3-4 minutes from the park

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave.
    I do a great deal of work for the developer that is George's partner at Plat d'Adet and have not heard of anything starting yet. I also haven't seen any signs of grading or permits pulled either. I think you should buy a lot so that it will get started soon. Brado is buying two lots so that he doesn't get disturbed by a bunch of roadie nieghbors !

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 4000psi
    I think you should buy a lot so that it will get started soon.
    A quote from their website "Pla d’Adet will offer ninety-seven, one to two acre homesites priced from $400,000 to $1,500,000".

Ouch. Probably a 400% premium on those homesites I would guess (as compared to other land nearby).

/not in the budget for sure

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast