Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Mar 2013

riders over 200lbs?

Hey all. I was wondering if i wasnt alone in the 200+lbs riders club? Who else is a part of this? What do you ride?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I'm hoping to remove myself from this club by May. 2013 that is. Hit 205 recently and am not happy...
    lean forward

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    A month ago I was at 220...been riding 3-4 times a week but havent found a scale. Riding a 13 Stumpjumper FSR Comp. Probably wont look for a scale for another month. I know Im dropping though. Can feel it and friends and family notice.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    im 200 on the dot, I also work out a lot during the week to put on some muscle. Been happy with just being 200 and riding. Feel great.

ill be picking up my new 2013 rock hopper 20er this friday

govt kontrakt projkt mgr
    I got up t0 230 in early January and finally got fed up with it (yeah I do feed well..lol).

Have been doing really good BUT the last 10 days or so have seen a low of 202.5 and a high of 206. Very easy to fall back to eating bad stuff and just plain eating wrong (cakes, lasagna, pizza, 2d helpings....).

But with 4 long road rides this month (2 of them within the next 3 days), I feel I will be at or below 200 at month's end.

There is a clyde forum here on MTBR as well...

Suburban Redneck
    The highest I've been is 252. That was before I started riding again three years ago. My problem is that I tend to pack on "winter weight" in a rather idiotic attempt to stay warm. This year the highest I got was 235, but take into account the fact that I've been weight training for the last year or so. I had a "40th year" physical in February. I was 228 with normal BP. I also started playing ice hockey again in January which has helped to keep the weight, uh, down(?). If I keep to my plan of 1-2x a week on ice (to prep for fall men's league) and keep up with the weights and diet, I hope to break 200 first time since 2000 (182 at my October, 00 wedding).
    I'm not big-boned, I'm a Clyde.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    I'm 220 and riding an 06 Kona Coil-air. Works out well. It has been kind of hard to dial in my Fox DHX 5.0 rear shock. The guy I bought the bike from must have been small cause the shock was very soft. But I think I have finally got it figured out. Hoping I can get below 210 by the end of June for my wedding, but we will see

wg
    Fermented Grain Sampler
    Not sure if you've seen this sub-forum: Clydesdales/Tall Riders
    I've been over 200 for some years now. At 6'4" its a bit skinny for my build to go below. I see 205 if I'm riding quite a bit but otherwise float around 215. My two primary bikes (there are others in the quiver) are a Knolly Endorphin and a SpecialEd Roubiax pavement pounder.
    Don't harsh my mello

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by tripptallica View Post
    im 200 on the dot, I also work out a lot during the week to put on some muscle. Been happy with just being 200 and riding. Feel great.

ill be picking up my new 2013 rock hopper 20er this friday
    My Rockhopper comp is 2 weeks old, welcome to the club.

I'm about 210 and coming down. I'm 6' with a decent amount of muscle on me. Would like to hit 185 by the end of the summer

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by gentimmy View Post
    My Rockhopper comp is 2 weeks old, welcome to the club.

I'm about 210 and coming down. I'm 6' with a decent amount of muscle on me. Would like to hit 185 by the end of the summer
    how do you like the rockhopper? It is going to be my 1st decent moutian bike. I cant wait to test it out this weekend!

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by tripptallica View Post
    how do you like the rockhopper? It is going to be my 1st decent moutian bike. I cant wait to test it out this weekend!
    Man, I love the bike... I've been having a blast on it. Have you had the chance to ride one? I won't lie, there are better components out there for the money (Airborne Goblin), but I'm more than happy with it. I plan on slowly upgrading the bike for the next year to get me back into the swing of things, then buying a nice frame next season. Throw the old components back on and I've got a bike to cruise around town on or bring a friend out with.

220 on a Rumblefish.

6'2" and a gym rat for most of my life. At 205 i show abs and people are asking me if im sick. Sub 200 aint happening even if i wanted it.

Gravity isnt my best friend. I do bad things to bikes, cornering and climbing involve me fighting the laws of physics. I dont use it as an excuse (anymore). Not a climb on any of our rides i cant clean, and any disadvantage i give up is countered when the trail is flat enough to start a big ring grind.

Happy with weight. Happy with conditioning level. Happy every time i ride.
    Last edited by BigRingGrinder; 04-11-2013 at 05:13 PM.
    "Bigring, that's deep. ...Well, I suspect it is. I didn't read it."

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    I am also 200lbs+ when I start riding but now there is a dramatic decrease in my weight.

mtbr member
    Also 200, weekend warrior only at this time with plans on bike commuting and improving the diet in the near future.

Ridin' Furry
    Warmblood clyde here. Sorta tall at 6'3 but lanky, wont be over 200 next week hehehe

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Riders come in all shapes, sizes and ages. lots of 200+ riders out there, myself included. I have a long standing goal to get sub 200 but my crappy diet and infrequent exercise schedule doesn't allow it to happen. maybe someday I'll find the discipline to get things right.

mtbr member
    6'0" 220 here. Down from 317 in 2010. Riding a '12 Stumpjumper FSR Comp 29 and a '12 Kona Entourage for DH. Losing 100 lbs is a major milestone which I intend on hitting in the next week. From there I'm going to try like hell to get down below 200 and settle/begin maintaining somewhere between 195-200.
    I am hell on every bike I sit on. I ride 30-50 miles a week of singletrack (depending on weather) and can wear out a drivetrain in ~6 months no problem. When I was bigger, rear wheels cried for mercy, hubs exploded like it was their job, and there wasn't a saddle rail that could last longer than a month under my big ass lol.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Yuppers I'm on a 2013 HardRock Sport 29er 19" at 215lbs 6foot flat...really the only diet change I have had sence I bought my bike in Feb is way less beer. Well I still pound a sixer when I have beer just way less frquient of an event..like not every day :-) now once a week or Fri-Sat beerthirty time...man I'm thirsty! LOL
    Ride MORE = Live Longer
    Love Dirt / Hate Pavement

turtles make me hot
    6'4", 255 pounds on a Stumpjumper FSR 29er.

Got down to 209 once. My girlfriend, now wife said I was too thin.
    I like turtles

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I float around 200-205 now. I ride BMX (street, flatland and park), MTB and cyclocross. Although I hate racing, I race.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dion View Post
    I float around 200-205 now. I ride BMX (street, flatland and park), MTB and cyclocross. Although I hate racing, I race.
    Doing my first race this weekend. A duathlon. Trail running and MTB. I suspect I will hate it as well. Nothing about racing sounds fun to me other thant he hanging out and drinking beer part.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    I'm 235, feel pretty fit, and am never going to get any lighter. Takes too much effort and my girlfriend dates me for my money anyway so it doesn't matter. I ride the usual mountain bikes. My lightest is a 19 pound single-speed Niner One 9 but I am no weight weenie and generally prefer rugged to light.

I rode a Specialized Enduro as my main bike for the last two years before I upgraded to an FSR Elite six months ago.

Because I work nights I ride almost every day, usually 10-15 miles with the occasional 20-30 mile epic if I have a day off. I'm not the fastest thing on the trail but then the great thing about mountain biking is that you can suck at it and nobody can tell. I have surprised, on the other hand, many younger, thinner riders going up some of our hills.

You don't have to be thin to be fit.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    isn't amazing if we could catch those scrawny little guys we could strangle them with one hand, but i can't catch them. But when i do, they are an easy crush.

all in good jest

mtbr member
    I'm at 220 and would love to get to 195ish but there's this stuff called beer and I just can't help myself.

RTM
    #1 Latex Salesman
    check out the clydesdale forum. 200lbs is about 40lbs under the minimum. some seriously big boys out there shredding it on MTBs.
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of a low price is forgotten." - Benjamin Franklin

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast