Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by shekky View Post
    who said i thought it was a big deal? you're just another internet tough guy, trying to start a fight. i'm not going to waste my time arguing with idiots on the internets.
    To me, you seemed to make a big deal out of a biker putting a bike rack on his car. I was just pointing out that it was no big deal at all for a biker to put a rack on his friggin' car!

Starting a fight? I commented on you and did not ask for you to respond to me at all. You did that all on your own.

You called me an idiot. Where did I call you any name at all? In real life you'd be labeled as the one itching to start a fight, not I.
    Nobody cares...........

Cow Clicker
    No, YOU don't understand. You're making an ass of yourself for all of eternity.

gran jefe
    Nov 2011
    you're just another internet tough guy, trying to start a fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by chas_martel View Post
    Where did I call you any name at all? In real life you'd be labeled as the one itching to start a fight, not I.
    Okay, let's get this over with. One of y'all say "neener neener neener" and the other say "na na na boo boo."

Air Pirate
    I think the reasons for this little scrimmage occurring may fall under this theory:

"You're messing with my zen thing, man!"

redneck
    Dec 2012
    this is the forum i signed up for? i drive an old f150 and my new-to-mebike cost me $50. i ride for the enjoyment of it and i dont care what the next guy is doing or what he thinks of me. guess im not gonna be popular in here.

the half breed devil
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill in Houston View Post
    Okay, let's get this over with. One of y'all say "neener neener neener" and the other say "na na na boo boo."
    fortunately, MTBR has an "ignore" function.

Rider, Builder, Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by shwinn8 View Post
    yeah, because that's what all of us cash strapped people what to see... BUT somewhere i saw 2 Ferrari's with racks on them

I call shenanigans. You sure the racks weren't mounted to the ladies sitting shotgun?

Rider, Builder, Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by kjlued View Post
    You guys are doing it all wrong.

It isn't how you get the bikes to the trail, it is how many you can get there at one time.

Now this guy has passion!
    looks flexy.

Rider, Builder, Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by LostBoyScout View Post
    I'm choosing to ignore Krapao as he is obviously a troll by the nonsense posts.

I would never drive a car like that no matter how much money I had, but I do find it a little bit relieving when someone who spends like that can still appreciate bikes. Or more likely... his kid rides bikes. But I'll try to stay optimistic.
    I'd have more hope for society of this guy strapped his two 8-and 10 year-old kids' bikes on there than his own. Like "sure Timmy, I'll take you to the BMX park."

mtbr member
    Maybe they spent all their money on that car.
    I took this at Biltmore Square earlier this year...

Pisgah Area SORBA

... your idea of technical may be much different than other peoples idea of technical.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Sports mobile is very practical.. I used to use Vanagons.

Here is the thing about having a bike rack on a supercar like a Ferrari or Bentley.

Without question 100% your going to have supermodels sitting on your lap.

You make the call

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by heavychevy View Post
    this is the forum i signed up for? i drive an old f150 and my new-to-mebike cost me $50. i ride for the enjoyment of it and i dont care what the next guy is doing or what he thinks of me. guess im not gonna be popular in here.
    +1 on that!
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 SC Nickel LT
    Incoming: 2008 Lotus Exige S 240
    '12 Toy FJ TT
    '05 Cooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Jon Olsson's Lambo anyone? Snow tires, AWD, cargo box, I see nothing wrong with this.

I would do the same damn thing with my bikes if I was loaded. That's called "someone using their car like a car should be used". A Bentley is a footballer's car, nothing noteworthy about it. Run that thing into the ground.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jerry68 View Post
    I took this at Biltmore Square earlier this year...

Any good riding around Ashville? I visited the Biltmore Mansion last year with my family, and the area was beautiful.

Someone should be a massive road gap over the driveway leading to the mansion

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by sambs827 View Post
    I'd have more hope for society of this guy strapped his two 8-and 10 year-old kids' bikes on there than his own. Like "sure Timmy, I'll take you to the BMX park."
    Generally the reality of the situation is that those sorts of people have a nanny taking care of their kids if they have them. The nanny drives a modest vehicle that is often paid for by the parent. They have the bikes strapped to that instead.

Rider, Builder, Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by sxotty View Post
    Generally the reality of the situation is that those sorts of people have a nanny taking care of their kids if they have them. The nanny drives a modest vehicle that is often paid for by the parent. They have the bikes strapped to that instead.
    That's exactly my point, actually. If daddy is taking time to take his kids to ride bikes, it shows that not only is he successful professionally but just might turn out to be a successful parent as well.

mtbr member
    So what you're saying is that successful people aren't generally good parents?

I really could care what someone else drives. Good for them. I'll concentrate on me and what my family needs and values.

mtbr member
    Everyone hates rich people in America now. Everyone want's to sit on their ass and let the government take care of them.
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 SC Nickel LT
    '12 Toy FJ TT
    '05 Cooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

meh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Cycle Shawn View Post
    Everyone hates rich people in America now. Everyone want's to sit on their ass and let the government take care of them.
    Same can be said for the other side, that the rich take advantage of the poor. The reality is that most people fall in the middle. There are plenty of wealthy people that genuinely care about fostering shared growth instead of only personal gain and plenty of poor who work their ass off to land just above the line where they qualify for government aide. There's no us and them. Support the hard workers, whatever their class.

And just to be on topic, speculating about the situation with the rack on the Bentley is like sitting around dreaming about what you'd do if you won the Powerball. Pure conjecture. There's no bike on the back, so we don't know what's being hauled. Plus, if that was my only car, I'd throw a rack on it. I want to ride, f#$% the finish.
    2013 Chromag Rootdown
    2010 SC Chameleon
    2001 Specalized Rockhopper FSR

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by XJaredX View Post
    Jon Olsson's Lambo anyone? Snow tires, AWD, cargo box, I see nothing wrong with this.
    Maybe it's just the fact that I'm a car fanatic and purist but I could never do that if I owned a Lambo (or a Ferrari, or something similar). Absolutely beautiful cars not really designed to be driven in the snow nor to be used as commuting vehicles. If I had that kind of money it would not be too terribly difficult to get a vehicle designed to better fit that job.
    2012 Intense M9
    2012 Pivot Mach 5.7 Carbon
    2008 Look 595
    2007 Custom Litespeed Sewanee

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Cycle Shawn View Post
    I think you're talking about a lot of rich people, right? Maybe the 4,000 millionaires in the that 47 percent of deadbeats? The government does everything for them and our system is now rigged in their favor, even though most give very little back and don't create jobs. The original poster just pointed out the juxtaposition of that fancy yet unreliable car sporting a cheap ghetto rack.

the half breed devil
    sigh...from my original post..."for some reason, i found the fact that this very expensive vehicle had a rack strapped on kind of amusing:"

not angry.

not filled with hate.

AMUSING. yes, amusing is what i typed. right there in black and white, for everybody to see.

usually when we are AMUSED, we have a smile on our faces. i know i did when i saw the car. that's why i took the photo. one does not see a new-ish bentley with a trunk rack strapped to it every day.

especially since the car was parked in my neighborhood, which is relatively modest.

my intention was not to hate on the wealthy or to initiate another Useless Internet Pissing Contest. however, a few of you here take offense at the slightest thing and/or are looking for any excuse to start a fight--hiding behind your internet tough guy personas. thank goodness that there are not that many of you mental midgets polluting the bandwidth here at MTBR...

thank you to those who have privately supported my amusement. it's nice to see random things in everyday life that make us smile...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by XJaredX View Post

I would do the same damn thing with my bikes if I was loaded. That's called "someone using their car like a car should be used". A Bentley is a footballer's car, nothing noteworthy about it. Run that thing into the ground.

I dig this one!
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 SC Nickel LT
    '12 Toy FJ TT
    '05 Cooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

Cow Clicker
    I've been watching this thread with amusement. All of the "If I were rich" comments. Hilarious.
    No, YOU don't understand. You're making an ass of yourself for all of eternity.

mtbr member
    for some reason, i found the fact that this very expensive vehicle had a rack strapped on kind of amusing:
    I like it! Props to the person for finding a way to carry their bike. It suggests a pretty big passion for the sport and I can't fault that.

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast