Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast
    mtbr member

best vehicle in the world

A few years ago, I ran into a young ex-computer engineer that cashed in his start up shares just before the tech bubble bust. He had a new "sports mobile" ford van. Full sized van, high 4wd, powerstroke diesel, pop top with full camper stuff. He was at Bunny Flat with some ski buddies and we skied avalanche gulch together.

I saw him the next year at the Lassen Park Devastated area parking area in the spring with his gorgeous telesweetie skiing California corn. His sports mobile had two fine full suspension bikes on the rack.

There's a guy that knows how to spend his money!

Sportsmobile Custom Camper Vans - Your Home Away From Home - even better than my duramax/4wd pop top pickup camper, "Mike's Telemark Hotel".

Bicyclochondriac.
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Olasher View Post
    Obviously the image I posted is a rendering, but the bike is real.
    I looked around, and you are right, it does exist.
    15mm is a second-best solution to a problem that was already solved.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    This thread suuuuucks

I Tried Them ALL... Moderator
    Guys, please excuse the comments of Pete Fagerlin, aka Krapao Gai - he likes to inject his textual diarrhea on MTBR forums....
    "The mind will quit....well before the body does"

Rolling
    I just wanted to say the following.

I love to see Pete Fagerlin Rattle peoples cages.

-Posted from my old generic home built PC using a CRT on a cable modem, Windows xp.

No Stranger to danger....
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachariah View Post
    Guys, please excuse the comments of Pete Fagerlin, aka Krapao Gai - he likes to inject his textual diarrhea on MTBR forums....
    Zach, i dont think this is neccesary, the guy was a muppet, now his banned again, what ever you said he would have deserved it
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

gran jefe
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by shekky View Post
    There are no contact seals (oil or dust) in the Inversion fork. One all-enveloping rubber boot seals the lower legs, brake bosses and moving brake bridge. No contact seals means less stiction and better low-end suspension performance. The forks come with a million elastomer elements in different durometers for fine-tuning purposes. To remove its elastomer shish-kebab, unscrew the caps on the top of the fork crown and the entire assembly pops out.

Did the Inversion forks live up to their lofty expectations? Actually, yes. Every rider in the evaluation was skeptical of the big black fork. Each returned with a similar comment: “These forks work pretty good.” That’s the long and short of Halson Inversion forks: they are good all-around performers, well-suited for full-suspension bikes–and, hey, they come stock with 2.375 inches of travel."
    Wow, far out. Thanks for posting. I owe you some rep, but can't get back to you for a while.

Who signs rep 90210? I got negged, and it wasn't even my worst stuff.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I have a pretty wealthy friend with a newer 911 that rides.
    He has a roof rack on it and drives that car everywhere with his bike, regardless of the time of year or the weather. What's even more impressive is that he has no problem throwing his disgusting dirty bike back on on the roof covered in mud when we are done, and then gets his muddy a$$ in his car after a ride without changing his clothes first.
    One time he passed me on the highway on our way to a ride. I have never, and doubt I will ever see a mountain bike travel that fast again

Mtn Biker Machinist

Trollhunter FTW!

Funniest Movie Ever! Not meant to be a comedy, but I laughed my butt off watching it on Netflix. Woke my wife up I was laughing so hard!

frog

DIY all the way
    Quote Originally Posted by 1 cog frog View Post
    Funniest Movie Ever! Not meant to be a comedy, but I laughed my butt off watching it on Netflix. Woke my wife up I was laughing so hard!

frog
    See this is typically where things goes wrong.

As soon as the significant other wakes up, it's either to bit$h or copulate, none of that leaves you as well as you were

Magura

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Magura View Post
    See this is typically where things goes wrong.

As soon as the significant other wakes up, it's either to bit$h or copulate, none of that leaves you as well as you were

Magura

I don't know about you, but copulation leaves me better then I was. It's the spending my money that leaves me less well off.
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 SC Nickel LT
    Incoming: 2008 Lotus Exige S 240
    '12 Toy FJ TT
    '05 Cooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

DIY all the way
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Cycle Shawn View Post
    I don't know about you, but copulation leaves me better then I was. It's the spending my money that leaves me less well off.
    Sure, but not when it's interrupting something fun

Magura

In dog years, I'm dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by hardtailkid View Post
    Wow, this has to be a new low. Guys on an internet forum bashing a successful individual who just happens to mountain bike (which is why you all are here, let's remember). You must be really mad at something.
    They're not bashing - they're celebrating a passion that binds us all together.
    Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might.... (Ecclesiastes 9:10)

mtbr member
    Sure, but not when it's interrupting something fun

Magura
    In that situation, I like to multitask!
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 SC Nickel LT
    '12 Toy FJ TT
    '05 Cooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

DIY all the way
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Cycle Shawn View Post
    In that situation, I like to multitask!
    Hmm, that is usually frowned upon here

Magura

In dog years, I'm dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dion View Post
    I haven't read my rep since MTBR implemented the rep system, and never intend to.
    How do you read your rep? On second thought, never mind.
    Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might.... (Ecclesiastes 9:10)

mtbr member
    Hmm, that is usually frowned upon here

Magura

I encourage it here. Just not enought time to do everything. You should see the multitasking that goes on when I have both girlfriends over at the house!
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 SC Nickel LT
    '12 Toy FJ TT
    '05 Cooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    ^^^ Well

slow
    for some reason, i found the fact that this very expensive vehicle had a rack strapped on kind of amusing:
    I just checked the US websites for Saris, Thule, and Yakima and none of them show a fit for a Bentley. Yakima was the only one that listed Bentley in the car manufacturers list, but they show they have no roof rack fit for it. I guess strapping on a rack to get the bike to the trail head is a better option than not riding.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sgltrak View Post
    I just checked the US websites for Saris, Thule, and Yakima and none of them show a fit for a Bentley. Yakima was the only one that listed Bentley in the car manufacturers list, but they show they have no roof rack fit for it. I guess strapping on a rack to get the bike to the trail head is a better option than not riding.
    Try SeaSucker, they make one! Lol
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 SC Nickel LT
    '12 Toy FJ TT
    '05 Cooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

mtbr member
    To the OP'er, I did not bother reading all the pages of this thread, did it ever occur to you that the owner of the Bentley thinks of it as "just a car"? He would likely not get the point of this stupid thread. Just like some poor person living in the jungle would be wowed by your car.
    Nobody cares...........

the half breed devil
    Quote Originally Posted by chas_martel View Post
    To the OP'er, I did not bother reading all the pages of this thread, did it ever occur to you that the owner of the Bentley thinks of it as "just a car"? He would likely not get the point of this stupid thread. Just like some poor person living in the jungle would be wowed by your car.
    chas, i don't own a car. is there something wrong with me being amused at something?

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Some 20+ years ago, I used to teach windsurfing on a small lake in West Palm.
    A personal assistant in a station wagon would stop by with the latest hi-tech boards and then proceed to rig some sails. A short time later a couple in their late 40's would arrive in their Bentley or Rolls and immediately get on the water and start sailing.....I'll always remember that as being pretty cool and they were the nicest folks.

mtbr member
    chas, i don't own a car. is there something wrong with me being amused at something?
    No, nothing at all. It must be the same way I am amused at you for thinking it a big deal someone has a bike rack on their car.
    Nobody cares...........

the half breed devil
    Quote Originally Posted by chas_martel View Post
    No, nothing at all. It must be the same way I am amused at you for thinking it a big deal someone has a bike rack on their car.
    who said i thought it was a big deal? you're just another internet tough guy, trying to start a fight. i'm not going to waste my time arguing with idiots on the internets.

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast