Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    This stuff is too funny!! I love the pic of the rider on the bike on top of the car. Classic. Hope he has his strava running!!

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    I used to drive my Bentley to the trailhead, but now.......

Rogue Exterminator
    You guys are doing it all wrong.

It isn't how you get the bikes to the trail, it is how many you can get there at one time.

Now this guy has passion!

Rolling
    So let me see if I understand the passion here...

Ostentatious = Rich?

I know a lot of rich people who drive crappy cars and a few in debt idiots who drive expensive ones.

banned
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Magura View Post
    To them I'm the village idiot that don't have a car, makes things myself, and so forth.

All in good jest.

Magura

Heh... I should say that more often too.

-S

banned
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by lidarman View Post
    I know a lot of rich people who drive crappy cars and a few in debt idiots who drive expensive ones.
    Same here.... I guess all of this boils down to priorities. Some people have it wrong, others have it right, and everyone else falls somewhere in between.

-S

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ.MTNS View Post
    Any self respecting MTBers bike costs more than their car, I want to see what cost more than the Bentley.

mtbr member
    I've ridden with poor guys that smoked me, and rich guys that smoked me. Moral of the story, I'm slow.

No longer a hardtailkid.
    Wow, this has to be a new low. Guys on an internet forum bashing a successful individual who just happens to mountain bike (which is why you all are here, let's remember). You must be really mad at something.
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonys
    Its still just the push of a button away...
    I am no longer a hardtailkid. 2012 Trek Remedy 9!

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hardtailkid View Post
    Wow, this has to be a new low. Guys on an internet forum bashing a successful individual who just happens to mountain bike (which is why you all are here, let's remember). You must be really mad at something.

No one is bashing the rich guy, you should read the thread and then come back and appologize.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 11 Bravo View Post
    I think the only thing amusing about it is the kind of rack. I guess I never thought about it, but I figured for enough money you could get a rack that didn't strap on to the trunk.

Doesn't anybody make a receiver hitch that fits a Bentley? No? Really?

Does Saris show Bentley's in their application listings?

I wonder what kind of bike he hauls on it? Probably a lower end Trek. I heard that those racks can scratch your frame. Wouldn't want to scratch a nice bike.

Seriously though, cool that they have enough passion for the bike that they strap on to a nice car like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem View Post
    Plenty of people have receivers fabricated for their cars/trucks. I was close to buying a 370Z and uhaul was going to fabricate and build me one for free, so they could fit them to others that wanted em. If you can afford a bently, you can afford to have one fabricated.
    Yeah, but a receiver is always on there. I wouldn't want a dumb receiver on my Bentley, especially if I only carried a bike every so often. Same goes for a roof system. That's the beauty of a trunk rack. You can put it on and take it off in just a minute or so. Especially that particular model. Regardless of what kind of car a person has, if they carry a bike infrequently, a trunk rack make sense.

the half breed devil
    Quote Originally Posted by skiahh View Post
    I think I'm missing passion in this thread... unless it's a passion for attempting to look down your nose at other people because of their success and their choices.

I would say if someone's strapping a bike rack to their Bentley, they have passion. Why else would they risk scratching up that expensive car to put that bike rack on there?

And who's to say the guy in the Bentley with the full kit but, contrary to what must be your impeccable physical shape, is not in "what would be described as 'prime physical shape'" didn't find himself with some free time from work and called his executive/personal assistant to bring his bike over to the trail so he could grab a ride before going back to work? At least he's riding a mountain bike and not spending his money to close trails to us, right?

And, wouldn't you feel like a complete ass if you ran into him again and he just rode away from you on the trails??
    you miss the whole point. chill out and have a sense of humor...

banned
    Sep 2012
    Look closely - the bike is a rendering and isn't real. It's just overlaid (well) on to an existing photo background.

Besides, the designer/engineer needs to be slapped for flipping the front shocks (and let the stanchions get nicked by rocks. Also notice that there is no bridge between both stanchions on the fork so expect the front axle to snap the moment you hit the first pebble on the road.

So much for vaporware. At least make it credible.....

Quote Originally Posted by Olasher View Post

No Stranger to danger....
    Quote Originally Posted by Krapao Gai View Post
    So much is wrong with your simplistic response.

It is refreshing to see that you have yet to shed that mantle of cluelesness that you defines your life.

p.s your hypocrisy "ahole 5 posts" earned you extra credit points on the hypocrite scale.
    LOL, always a muppet in every group..
    Some evolve into a muppet, but some like krapao here put their hand up right from the start and want to let the whole world know from the first time they open their mouth that they are indeed an Agrade pure bred muppet......
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

the half breed devil
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    LOL, always a muppet in every group..
    Some evolve into a muppet, but some like krapao here put their hand up right from the start and want to let the whole world know from the first time they open their mouth that they are indeed an Agrade pure bred muppet......
    priceless...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem View Post
    Plenty of people have receivers fabricated for their cars/trucks. I was close to buying a 370Z and uhaul was going to fabricate and build me one for free, so they could fit them to others that wanted em. If you can afford a bently, you can afford to have one fabricated.
    I think you may have missed my attempt at some sarcasm.
    I'm not very smart, but I can lift heavy things

...and there's some more nonsense from down under.

At least you are consistently a blathering tool rather than an inconsistency blathering tool.

(cue rambling semi-intelligible response from the non-riding poser)
    Crapao, i could eat a bowl of alphabet soup and s**t out better ''semi-intelligible' come backs and post than you, so im just gonna sit back and let your words do all the talkin champion,

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by shibiwan View Post
    Look closely - the bike is a rendering and isn't real. It's just overlaid (well) on to an existing photo background.

Besides, the designer/engineer needs to be slapped for flipping the front shocks (and let the stanchions get nicked by rocks. Also notice that there is no bridge between both stanchions on the fork so expect the front axle to snap the moment you hit the first pebble on the road.

So much for vaporware. At least make it credible.....
    No, I think it is legit.....

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Deep Thought View Post
    Yeah, but a receiver is always on there. I wouldn't want a dumb receiver on my Bentley, especially if I only carried a bike every so often. Same goes for a roof system. That's the beauty of a trunk rack. You can put it on and take it off in just a minute or so. Especially that particular model. Regardless of what kind of car a person has, if they carry a bike infrequently, a trunk rack make sense.
    I need to do a better job at posting. I didn't mean to be taken seriously, I was just trying to inject a little humor. Hence the smiley and the last line starting with "seriously".

Your points are correct. But you have to admit, it is unusual to see a very high end car with a strap-on trunk rack.

It's all good.
    I'm not very smart, but I can lift heavy things

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    lol, you have a way with words, Tones. Love the alphabet soup thingy...

As expected.

Just another fluffer. No substance, just insecure poser whining.

Your lameass is quite predictable!
    BOOM, the lure thrown out and Crapao's in the bottom of the boat gaspin for air again, champion, you must be talkin bout your 13 posts there, just pop back and read your last 13 posts, they define what you have just written above, and by the way, congrats on the MTBR record, cheers tiger.....

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I'm choosing to ignore Krapao as he is obviously a troll by the nonsense posts.

I would never drive a car like that no matter how much money I had, but I do find it a little bit relieving when someone who spends like that can still appreciate bikes. Or more likely... his kid rides bikes. But I'll try to stay optimistic.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/lostboyscout | www.beerscout.ca
    Knolly Chilcotin | Surly Long Haul Trucker

inexperienced at large
    Apr 2011
    What the **** the last dozen or more posts are garbage

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Isnt that Audi bike the one with an electric motor? Saw a video of a bike similar to that doing holeshots.
    JULIEN DUPONT Rides Crazy E-Bike In Bavaria - YouTube
    Seeking MB-2 Fork (19.3), Ritchey FD post silver 26.8

Is not amused

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast