rediscovered cycling last night

I have been in cycling a long time but have gotten horribly out of shape to the tune of an extra 50 lbs in the last few years. Lost the love last year and have spent little time in the saddle.

just had a baby boy. He rocks. Started thinking about what kind of dad I am and decided that i had to get back in shape. So i ditched all the running and other crap I have tried to do over the last years to motivate myself and committed simply to riding at least 4 times a week.

last night I began my second week of riding, ride number 5. I felt much better than i did last week, muscle memory I guess. So i took off and rode north of my house into the only hilly area of dallas, (way south dallas off 408 if you live here you know it's the only place with hills).

Stopped by the boyscout camp and said hi to my ranger friend and secured a once a week ride on their sweet property, left from there and headed out further towards mountain creek lake.

when all was done, i rode for almost 2 hours (big deal right now), saw an incredible sunset, got back in touch with an old friend, secured a great weekly off road ride and capped it off with some sweet time with my son and a shiner.

I may be back.

ganze

Mythical Creature
    Welcome back - good to hear, and lot's of us know the feeling.

Here's a link to a thread I started a while back, and the stories keep coming in:

100 Pounds lost; cycling passion & weight loss

keep it up!
    follow me on Twitter!
    "It's better to regret something you HAVE done, than something you haven't..." -

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    I have ridden over there once, near Keist Blvd, on the east side of 408. Tons of 4x4 trails and poison ivy. I have always wondered what other trails there were in the area, especially down where 408 meets I-20 where the terrain gets rocky.

NY
    2004 Specialized Stumpjumper M4, Fox Float RLT 100, Propedal.