mtbr member

Read before doing business with Atac Sportswear

I just wanted to let everyone in on the latest with our team jersey situation. This is getting rediculous and I hope no one ever has to deal with this from them so I advise never doing business with the Langely BC company Atac Sportswear.

Here is the situation:

-Ordered jerseys 1/22/04

-Artwork approved & 50% deposit mailed out 2/11/04

-Final balance due paid

-Jerseys recieved 2/24/04 but not her approved atwork

-At this point we went back and forth on phone/email because they refused to fix the jerseys so that they were per the artwork I approved and paid for.

-I finally get sick of dealing with Matthew (the contact at Atac) and his unwillingness to work with us on fixing the jerseys and agree to ship the jerseys back to him to have the collar's replaced.

-Atac refuses to pay for SHI both ways (their mistake, their cost) and I make it clear that he will reimburse me for the shipping costs up to their plant, he grudgingly agrees to mail a check after I send him a copy of the receipt

-Jerseys shipped back to their Blaine headquarters on 3/8

-I email Matthew to double check he recieved them, he explains that he will take a photo of the collar and the stitching in question and ask for my approval before shipping them back to us. I agree and he says he will send the photo via email on Monday or Tuesday of this week (3/15, 3/16)

-Tuesday rolls around and I have not heard from them or received the photo, I fired off an email tuesday morning reminding them to send it. No word, so I give them a call at 4:30, no answer so I leave a voicemail.

-Weds morning I fire another email off explaining I left a voicemail and still had not recieved a photo or herad from them. I have called 3 times today and left voicemails each time, no answer any of these times. It is now 4pm and they close at 5 (or so they say) and I have yet to get a hold of anyone or see a photo.

-Matthew FINALLY emailed me on 3/18 to inform me he has been out of the office all week. Well thats great and dandy but if you have an agreement to send photos for approval on Monday or Tuesday, I dont care where you were, you send the friggin things. We also had an agreement that they would be done and shipped to us by the middle part of this week (3/18). Well I guess that is down the drain too, he says they wont be done for a few more days so they better come by next Friday or we wont have them for our race next weekend.

And todays latest:

Well I received an email from Matthew on the 18th of this month stating that we "can expect the jerseys the middle of next week, in Woodinville." which would mean today, March 24th. Well I emailed him yesterday to ask where they were, no response, emailed again today with no response, called and left a voicemail which no call was returned so I called again 2 hrs later and got him on the phone. He explains that he spent all of last night in front of the TV removing the stitching in the collars and still is not done. I told him that our agreement was to have them by the middle part of this week and that I have to have them by Friday as we are leaving for an event in Spokane first thing Saturday morning. Well guess what, hes not sure its going to happen, he's going to do "his best" to get it here in time but they might not be here until the first part of next week.

They have had since the 9th of this month to repair these jerseys, originally we were supposed to see them over a week ago, yet he pushed it back to this week, now hes pushing it back again. This has me so pissed off that I wish there was something I could do to get him to get his crap done so we have our jerseys. He has no reason to get them done though, as he has our money and the jerseys.
    Last edited by mplutodh1; 03-24-2004 at 02:41 PM.
    Matt Plude
    Board of Directors - Race Director
    Broken Spoke Festival
    http://www.brokenspokefest.com
    Event Info Line: 1-866-403-BIKE

Probably drunk right now

I guess I'm confused...

Quote Originally Posted by mplutodh1
    I just wanted to let everyone in on the latest with our team jersey situation. This is getting rediculous and I hope no one ever has to deal with this from them so I advise never doing business with the Langely BC company Atac Sportswear.

Here is the situation:

-Ordered jerseys 1/22/04

-Artwork approved & 50% deposit mailed out 2/11/04

-Final balance due paid

-Jerseys recieved 2/24/04 but not her approved atwork

-At this point we went back and forth on phone/email because they refused to fix the jerseys so that they were per the artwork I approved and paid for.

-I finally get sick of dealing with Matthew (the contact at Atac) and his unwillingness to work with us on fixing the jerseys and agree to ship the jerseys back to him to have the collar's replaced.

-Atac refuses to pay for SHI both ways (their mistake, their cost) and I make it clear that he will reimburse me for the shipping costs up to their plant, he grudgingly agrees to mail a check after I send him a copy of the receipt

-Jerseys shipped back to their Blaine headquarters on 3/8

-I email Matthew to double check he recieved them, he explains that he will take a photo of the collar and the stitching in question and ask for my approval before shipping them back to us. I agree and he says he will send the photo via email on Monday or Tuesday of this week (3/15, 3/16)

-Tuesday rolls around and I have not heard from them or received the photo, I fired off an email tuesday morning reminding them to send it. No word, so I give them a call at 4:30, no answer so I leave a voicemail.

-Weds morning I fire another email off explaining I left a voicemail and still had not recieved a photo or herad from them. I have called 3 times today and left voicemails each time, no answer any of these times. It is now 4pm and they close at 5 (or so they say) and I have yet to get a hold of anyone or see a photo.

-Matthew FINALLY emailed me on 3/18 to inform me he has been out of the office all week. Well thats great and dandy but if you have an agreement to send photos for approval on Monday or Tuesday, I dont care where you were, you send the friggin things. We also had an agreement that they would be done and shipped to us by the middle part of this week (3/18). Well I guess that is down the drain too, he says they wont be done for a few more days so they better come by next Friday or we wont have them for our race next weekend.

And todays latest:

Well I received an email from Matthew on the 16th of this month stating that we "can expect the jerseys the middle of next week, in Woodinville." which would mean today, March 24th. Well I emailed him yesterday to ask where they were, no response, emailed again today with no response, called and left a voicemail which no call was returned so I called again 2 hrs later and got him on the phone. He explains that he spent all of last night in front of the TV removing the stitching in the collars and still is not done. I told him that our agreement was to have them by the middle part of this week and that I have to have them by Friday as we are leaving for an event in Spokane first thing Saturday morning. Well guess what, hes not sure its going to happen, he's going to do "his best" to get it here in time but they might not be here until the first part of next week.

They have had since the 9th of this month to repair these jerseys, originally we were supposed to see them over a week ago, yet he pushed it back to this week, now hes pushing it back again. This has me so pissed off that I wish there was something I could do to get him to get his crap done so we have our jerseys. He has no reason to get them done though, as he has our money and the jerseys.
    You said that you hadn't heard from him on tuesday the 16th and a couple bullet points later you say that he sent you an email on the 16th. What you're going through sucks, but mistakes do happen. It seems like Matthew is trying to make it right by you (grudgingly or not) in order to get you your jerseys.

Ken

P.S. I still have a Race Team Jersey with the "e" missing from the Boulevard in Boulevard Brewery (the title sponsor).

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken in KC
    You said that you hadn't heard from him on tuesday the 16th and a couple bullet points later you say that he sent you an email on the 16th. What you're going through sucks, but mistakes do happen. It seems like Matthew is trying to make it right by you (grudgingly or not) in order to get you your jerseys.

Ken

P.S. I still have a Race Team Jersey with the "e" missing from the Boulevard in Boulevard Brewery (the title sponsor).

Sorry typo, 18th was when I heard from him. I have been willing to work with him but hes giving us the go around and its getting old, hes not sticking to the verbal agreements (which are legally binding contracts) on when things will be shipped and he has several thousand of our money and our jerseys. At this point its not a matter of him trying to make better of the situation, he needs to get it done no matter what it costs him.

As for the e missing in your jerseys thats great and all but thats not the issue, we paid for something, should have received it, there are a few other things wrong with the jerseys but I let them slide just wanted to get this fixed. I have been more than willing to work with him but ultimately it comes down to the fact that we didnt get what we paid for.
    Matt Plude
    Board of Directors - Race Director
    Broken Spoke Festival
    http://www.brokenspokefest.com
    Event Info Line: 1-866-403-BIKE

mtbr member
    Sep 2009

ATAC Sportswear

I wanted to also issue a warning about ATAC. They were great to deal with right up to the point where I paid in full for the jerseys. Now it's hard to get a reply about when I will get my jerseys and I am really concerned after reading some of the reveiws out there about their quality I sure hope they at least get us what we ordered.

mtbr member
    I wonder if pluto is still waiting on his jerseys...

mtbr member
    As the son of a seamstress - it should take no less than a few minutes at best to repair one shirt at the collar area once your machine was set up.

mtbr member
    I've used Primal Custom for 5 years (this will be the 6th) in a row for our RAGBRAI team jerseys and they've been great to work with and very patient with art changes. They may be a bit more expensive, but the jerseys are top quality and the artwork is great.

Too late for this year, but I'm happy to put you in touch with my contact there if you want. Feel free to PM me.
    www.teamnavycycling.org
    10 Pivot Mach 429
    09 Felt Nine Race
    03 Litespeed Tuscany

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    There is something being retentive in your anal region...........do something about it.

I sense a failure to understand the phrase "approval of final artwork" in your dealings. Your rant is full of typos for example, or what someone might say is Exhibit A. I've done kits for now 8 years and while painful, it's still not much more exhaustive than dealing with the DMV.