Results 1 to 33 of 33
  1. #1
    i can't type the letter s
    Reputation: mouse jockey's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,094

    Puppy Passion Her POV

    It's been awhile since I've posted anything on MTBR but I have some free time now so I'm posting this. My pup and I biking a trail in San Diego from the dog's perspective.

    I selected YouTube's image stabilization to steady the camera a bit. It makes the image a bit wonky in places. Not sure if I like it better or not.

    Enjoy, thanks for watching.

    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/yQiub_-FmtQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    770
    Definitely a different view on the trail and life I'd expect. Very cool!

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Reign2Rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    281
    Ha very cool, looks like he bobbing his head to the music the whole time and omg how many people on that trail?

  4. #4
    mtbr member extraordinair
    Reputation: Stupendous Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,046
    That trail looks fun, except for the crowd of people
    Grit, spit, and a whole lot of duct tape!

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jearl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    209
    great video, and thats one well behaved dog.
    "Ideal bikes are not bought, they evolve beneath you"

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: June Bug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,601
    Brilliant idea and fun video!

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: AlaskaStinson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    97
    Nice. Cool idea. My 10 year old daughter predicted there would be butt sniffin', and we weren't let down.

    I might put the GoPro on my dog just to see where she goes when she runs off.

  8. #8
    Over the Hill
    Reputation: dstepper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,751
    Excellent! Nice to see the old RFX on the trail.

  9. #9
    Really I am that slow
    Reputation: SlowerThenSnot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    3,781
    awesome perspective! thanks for sharing!
    Read my BLOG!

    just a guy who loves bikes and exploring

  10. #10
    9 lives
    Reputation: cyclelicious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    10,855
    cool perspective... just as I imagined my dogs world. Obstacles, and butts
    F*ck Cancer

    Eat your veggies

  11. #11
    MTB B'dos
    Reputation: LyNx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    20,523
    Definitely a different perspective, quite cool actually All you have to work on now is getting the camera to sit square on her chest and you've got a great follow cam Oh and have to agree with the other poster above, really well behaved dog What is she and roughly how big? If I did that with most of mine the camera would be mere inches at most off the ground
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jkirkpatri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,526
    2:04 - instant classic

  13. #13
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,033
    A dogs life ... Luv It !!!

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation: likeaboss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    790
    cool video. I just got a Hero 3 black and was trying to fogure out how to setup a dog cam. Can you provide some details?

    BTW, I think I saw some poo baggers in there!

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    26
    Very very cool! And Great soundtrack to boot!

  16. #16
    bust a move
    Reputation: 2ridealot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,978
    Cool dog you got there! Nice work on the video
    Falling down is part of LIFE…Getting back up is LIVING…

  17. #17
    i can't type the letter s
    Reputation: mouse jockey's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,094
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign2Rider View Post
    Ha very cool, looks like he bobbing his head to the music the whole time and omg how many people on that trail?
    Quote Originally Posted by Stupendous Man View Post
    That trail looks fun, except for the crowd of people
    Lots of people! I knew it was going to be crowded. The first nice Saturday after a rain draws a crowd. I kind of wanted some people because I wanted to see if we could get some good video with other people and dogs.


    Quote Originally Posted by jearl View Post
    great video, and thats one well behaved dog.
    Quote Originally Posted by LyNx View Post
    Definitely a different perspective, quite cool actually All you have to work on now is getting the camera to sit square on her chest and you've got a great follow cam Oh and have to agree with the other poster above, really well behaved dog What is she and roughly how big? If I did that with most of mine the camera would be mere inches at most off the ground
    Bailey is a fantastic trail dog. Lynx, don't you have a Blue Heeler, aka Australian Cattle Dog? She is a full Australian Shepherd-Tri, although she is a poor example of the breed. Not enough white on her chest. She is our second Aussie. We (my wife and I) like Aussies because they are just about the best and easily trained trail dogs around. Mutt or not, if they have a good amount of aussie in them, they make great trail dogs. She just had a haircut which makes her look more like a Rottweiler. She is small, about 18 inches off the ground to her back. The camera was maybe 12 inches off the ground. At one point in the film you see her clip a rock. I still am working on keeping the GoPro level on her.


    Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaStinson View Post
    I might put the GoPro on my dog just to see where she goes when she runs off.
    Yea, I've thought of putting the GoPro on her when we are out of the house.


    Quote Originally Posted by dstepper View Post
    Excellent! Nice to see the old RFX on the trail.
    Dean, I can't get rid of it. Every time I think about getting a new bike, I get back on the 2006 RFX I think, "I like this bike. I think I'll hang onto it a little longer."


    Quote Originally Posted by cyclelicious View Post
    cool perspective... just as I imagined my dogs world. Obstacles, and butts
    You know it. She's so good at avoiding other bikes coming down also. I was in Colorado on a trail and the cyclists there were super impressed that she ran on the outside as bikes passed on the inside.


    Quote Originally Posted by jkirkpatri View Post
    2:04 - instant classic
    I couldn't believe that was caputured. It had to be kept in the final edit


    Quote Originally Posted by likeaboss View Post
    cool video. I just got a Hero 3 black and was trying to fogure out how to setup a dog cam. Can you provide some details?
    Here is the picture from the video during the last few seconds.

    Puppy Passion Her POV-bailey-rufwear.jpg

    I attach the camera under her chin, slightly pointed up. The GoPro is zip-tied to Bailey's harness. The camera needs to be snug tight with at least two ties that cross to keep the camera fairly steady. The harness is used so the ties won't bind on Bailey's body which would hurt her.


    Quote Originally Posted by DevsP3 View Post
    Very very cool! And Great soundtrack to boot!
    I was thinking while I was on that ride what soundtrack would work. The song came to mind. I love the edit where the lyric is, "Baby, baby, baby, ... Is this some karmic G love thing going on here..." Then my leg sweeps Bailey to keep moving as the song says basically the same thing. That was serendipitous.

    Thanks everyone for the kind comments. I had fun making the video.

    BTW, I call Bailey a pup but she is really 9 years old. She just looks like a pup.

    As the song goes, "Are we cool?" ... "Yea, we're cool".

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mr. D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    742
    terrific idea and video thanks for sharing
    and thanks for being so good to your dog
    Keep The Rubber Side Down

  19. #19
    MTB B'dos
    Reputation: LyNx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    20,523
    Sadly no, that beautiful girls' home is in CO, but I've had the pleasure of visiting with her twice and she's such a fantastic dog, as is her "brother". All mine are under 14" ontop their backs, except for the new Akita cross I just rescued in October - think he'd be super fun to train to go riding with, could really log the miles with some training.

    Quote Originally Posted by mouse jockey View Post
    Bailey is a fantastic trail dog. Lynx, don't you have a Blue Heeler, aka Australian Cattle Dog? She is a full Australian Shepherd-Tri, although she is a poor example of the breed. Not enough white on her chest. She is our second Aussie. We (my wife and I) like Aussies because they are just about the best and easily trained trail dogs around. Mutt or not, if they have a good amount of aussie in them, they make great trail dogs. She just had a haircut which makes her look more like a Rottweiler. She is small, about 18 inches off the ground to her back. The camera was maybe 12 inches off the ground. At one point in the film you see her clip a rock. I still am working on keeping the GoPro level on her.


    Thanks everyone for the kind comments. I had fun making the video.

    BTW, I call Bailey a pup but she is really 9 years old. She just looks like a pup.

    As the song goes, "Are we cool?" ... "Yea, we're cool".
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    538
    Awesome angle! I may copy that one day with my boy.

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation: skullcap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    923
    Very fun video to watch, thank you for posting!
    I'm enjoying my childhood way too much to ever give it up.

  22. #22
    R.I.P. Pugsley.
    Reputation: Rabies010's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,706
    Very nice clip !

  23. #23
    dft
    dft is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: dft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,133
    good stuff MJ, funny edit as well.

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    405
    LOL! Great perspective. Loved the nose bouncing around with the tongue hanging out.

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Granny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    27
    Awesome Tom!

  26. #26
    mtbr member
    Reputation: honns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    552
    Scooby remix! Wish my dog was so well behaved.

  27. #27
    Ugly As F*ck
    Reputation: uglyguy2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    367
    Go ahead and admit it. You came up with this idea to get up-skirt shots.

  28. #28
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    770
    Quote Originally Posted by uglyguy2 View Post
    Go ahead and admit it. You came up with this idea to get up-skirt shots.
    Well if he didn't, then I think my dog needs a gopro collar refit!

  29. #29
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mountain Cycle Shawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,431
    Very cool! But, how do you get around the California Leash Law?

  30. #30
    i can't type the letter s
    Reputation: mouse jockey's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,094
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Cycle Shawn View Post
    Very cool! But, how do you get around the California Leash Law?
    To be honest that thought never occurred to me because that is not an issue at this trail.

    In answer to your question, there is no Universal State CA leash law. Each park, beach and municipality have their own rules and laws regarding dogs off leash.

  31. #31
    NeedGod.com
    Reputation: Barheet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    579
    Wow, that trail is like Grand Central Station. Nice vid, and very well behaved dog!
    Nathan

  32. #32
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mountain Cycle Shawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,431
    I guess there are certain places where you don't have to have a leash, like dog parks, beaches and some other places. It would be nice to know which places you can do that.

  33. #33
    Rogue Exterminator
    Reputation: kjlued's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,956
    Great video, loved it.

    Quote Originally Posted by jkirkpatri View Post
    2:04 - instant classic
    Was going to post the same thing.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •