Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 101 to 150 of 324
  1. #101
    Life is Good
    Reputation: Judd97's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,499
    Quote Originally Posted by P-Funk
    It's all about the beer.
    Where do you get the beer cap attachment? I found a link for it once but I lost it, and I'd like to possibly pick one up for my hardtail.
    Get a bicycle. You will not regret it if you live. ~Mark Twain

  2. #102
    mtbr member
    Reputation: meat tooth paste's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    688
    Quote Originally Posted by Judd97
    Where do you get the beer cap attachment? I found a link for it once but I lost it, and I'd like to possibly pick one up for my hardtail.
    Niner Bikes makes them.

    You can order one here for $13.

    I'd rather be riding my bike...

  3. #103
    Got Trails?
    Reputation: ironbike1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    680
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewTO
    Thanks to Fred here on MTBR.

    Because i'm posessive.

    I like that.
    I Fear No Beer

  4. #104
    Life is Good
    Reputation: Judd97's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,499
    Quote Originally Posted by meat tooth paste
    Niner Bikes makes them.

    You can order one here for $13.

    Thank you very much I collect beer bottle caps, so this is something that seems to be right down my alley.
    Get a bicycle. You will not regret it if you live. ~Mark Twain

  5. #105
    indigosky
    Guest
    mine, with my kids names, and obviously, my avitar name...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by indigosky; 03-14-2007 at 06:04 AM.

  6. #106
    just along for the ride
    Reputation: Brown_Teeth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,035
    My cap is padded, best way to not avoid knee to stem contact!
    Attached Images Attached Images

  7. #107
    mtbr member
    Reputation: kingbozo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    712
    A different kind of cap.


  8. #108
    less is more
    Reputation: venus1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    823
    I had no idea it mattered. I will pay more attention.
    Finesse is everything.

  9. #109
    over 50 years of cycling
    Reputation: Twisted Trail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    533

    yin-yang cap

    I've got artwork and the CAD file, but apparently there just isn't the demand for the martial arts taiji symbol/ yin yang symbol to get anyone to make one on a headset cap.

    I always figure my taiji skills add a lot to my mtn bike skills....must just be me.....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Live in the moment.
    YMMV

  10. #110
    It's the axle
    Reputation: Gregg K's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,654

    Or lack thereof.

    See through.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  11. #111
    Lord of the Chainrings
    Reputation: Mudd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    2,924
    I have the Dangerboy Six Shooter cap.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Hesitation is the Mother of Failure!"

    ~~ 951 for Dirt & Roadster for Asphalt ~~

  12. #112
    All day long
    Reputation: Genom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    174
    I'll take the liberty of reviving this thread with a picture of my new Purely Custom headset cap that arrived today.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  13. #113
    Ride Everything
    Reputation: GRAVELBIKE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,733
    Genom--is that a stock design, or did you supply the artwork for it?

  14. #114
    All day long
    Reputation: Genom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    174
    I supplied the image.

    I emailed and asked if they could machine a 45 RPM record adapter into a cap and they said "yes, just send an image".

    A usable image was made by their design department, I approved it, and inside of a week it arrived in my mailbox.

    It cost me a couple of bucks but to me its worth it to have something unique.

  15. #115
    over 50 years of cycling
    Reputation: Twisted Trail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    533
    Quote Originally Posted by Genom
    I supplied the image.

    I emailed and asked if they could machine a 45 RPM record adapter into a cap and they said "yes, just send an image".

    A usable image was made by their design department, I approved it, and inside of a week it arrived in my mailbox.

    It cost me a couple of bucks but to me its worth it to have something unique.
    How much was the total cost on that for a custom? I was asking them about a custom and even sent them a CAD model and approved artwork, but oddly, when I asked for price BEFORE actually ordering it, they never replied.

    I am definitely curious about the price.
    Live in the moment.
    YMMV

  16. #116
    All day long
    Reputation: Genom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    174
    It was a little spendy at $24.95. I could have gotten it a little cheaper if I just had the outline of the adapter milled into the cap, but I wanted the complete etch.

    Watch, it will become a stock design (read that inexpensive) in short order.

  17. #117
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Merdoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    238
    Birthday gift from my friend AndrewTO.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  18. #118
    trail rat
    Reputation: slocaus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    7,809
    I ride me Inbred for one day and ordered this from Purely Custom:
    "The physician heals, Nature makes well" - real fortune cookie

    CCCMB trail work for trail access - SLO, CA

  19. #119
    from 20's to 26's
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    181
    that volkswagen one by fast freddy is awesome
    -Shane-

    "Those who love you are watching, and they expect greatness"

  20. #120
    Humongous Member
    Reputation: ~TJ~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    16
    my favorite one i got from DR1


    "If it ain't fun,,,Yer doin it wrong"!

  21. #121
    nycmtb.com
    Reputation: bastard4life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    40
    some that I've made...






  22. #122
    Que pasiones?
    Reputation: Chapin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    90
    cool, maybe ill stick a bottle cap to my bike. jeje
    sorry my english isn´t very good, do you speak spanish?

  23. #123
    trail rat
    Reputation: slocaus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    7,809
    Quote Originally Posted by Chapin
    cool, maybe ill stick a bottle cap to my bike. jeje
    It is the Niner Bikes Y.A.W.Y.D. that lets you do that easily.
    "The physician heals, Nature makes well" - real fortune cookie

    CCCMB trail work for trail access - SLO, CA

  24. #124
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    287
    This is the one on my Karate Monkey.



    It's from a Gaelic Ale. My favorite beer to drink when I visit Western North Carolina.

    I just ordered one from PurelyCustom for my girlfriend that says "I RIDE LIKE A GIRL".
    I'm going to slip it on her Juliana and wait for her to notice it.

    Rick

  25. #125
    Everyone Bleeds!
    Reputation: ArmedMonk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    315

    Here's my contribition

    I just HAVE to get one of those bottle top caps!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Everyday of my life, I'm forced to add another name to the list of people that piss me off!

  26. #126
    Cuánto pesa?
    Reputation: Jake Pay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    7,824

  27. #127
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MtbIrv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    88
    Quote Originally Posted by Chip
    Remember, it's spelled "s-o-p-h-O-m-o-r-i-c"

    -C


    Old Phart

  28. #128
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MtbIrv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    88
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike T.
    A gift from buddy Thorsten - ex bossman at Magura USA. A treasured possession.

    What happened to the Old Pharts? That's what I still have on mine.
    Old Phart

  29. #129
    skillz to pay billz
    Reputation: nOOby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,554
    old with the new


  30. #130
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    9
    on the Kona Jake:


    on the Kona Cinder Cone:

  31. #131
    French Yétifan
    Reputation: Ben575's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    65
    Hope top cap


    Purely Custom top cap

    By ben575, shot with NIKON D80 at 2007-08-08

  32. #132
    amar la vida de dos niner
    Reputation: scorpionwoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,696
    I just received the one I ordered as a result of reading this thread. (A couple of other bits, too, besides the cap.) Thanks for the idea, everyone!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are." Anais Nin

  33. #133
    boomer
    Reputation: okie_calvin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    883
    Quote Originally Posted by Indiefab
    Just arrived from PurelyCustom.com

    I'm gonna tell on you and let Jake know you took the T-Town cap off! You're in big trouble my friend!
    Calvin

  34. #134
    Teen Wolf
    Reputation: cr45h's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    887
    Well, after reading this post I had to order one. Here she is, not installed yet obviously...


  35. #135
    HTFU and Ride
    Reputation: coachjon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,217
    [QUOTE=I

    I say Plug That Hole![/QUOTE]

    Thats what she said!

  36. #136
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,816
    Got to represent my shop, have it on all the bikes;

  37. #137
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    134
    The thread was resurrected at a strange time. Thursday is my dad's 60th birthday and I recently saw a picture of a customised headset top cap that Burry tander won when he came 5th at Sea Otter.

    Now we don't have anyone that makes these in South Africa, but we managed to source a black alu topcap and we're having it engraved for my dad for his birthday!

    He's a hardcore rider who still humbles me, and he's earned the nickname 'Superdad' on many stage races with me, so we're engraving it: "Superdad - 60 years strong"

    I hope he likes it!

  38. #138
    mtbr member
    Reputation: SoDakSooner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    438
    Quote Originally Posted by okie_calvin
    I'm gonna tell on you and let Jake know you took the T-Town cap off! You're in big trouble my friend!
    T-town has headset caps? How come I didn't get one

    Anyway, Indiefab, that was the one I was going to get. And in the colors I wanted too.


    Interesting thread.

  39. #139
    trail rat
    Reputation: slocaus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    7,809
    Quote Originally Posted by MichH
    The thread was resurrected at a strange time. Thursday is my dad's 60th birthday and I recently saw a picture of a customised headset top cap that Burry tander won when he came 5th at Sea Otter.

    Now we don't have anyone that makes these in South Africa, but we managed to source a black alu topcap and we're having it engraved for my dad for his birthday!

    He's a hardcore rider who still humbles me, and he's earned the nickname 'Superdad' on many stage races with me, so we're engraving it: "Superdad - 60 years strong"

    I hope he likes it!
    He will be so proud of it. Nice gift, great meaning.
    "The physician heals, Nature makes well" - real fortune cookie

    CCCMB trail work for trail access - SLO, CA

  40. #140
    boomer
    Reputation: okie_calvin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    883
    Quote Originally Posted by SoDakSooner
    T-town has headset caps? How come I didn't get one

    Anyway, Indiefab, that was the one I was going to get. And in the colors I wanted too.


    Interesting thread.
    Obviously you haven't donated to their kids college funds as much as I!
    Calvin

  41. #141
    amar la vida de dos niner
    Reputation: scorpionwoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,696
    Quote Originally Posted by slocaus
    He will be so proud of it. Nice gift, great meaning.

    Amen to that! Be sure and post a pic of the cap, but it'd be cool to have your dad in the shot, too!
    "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are." Anais Nin

  42. #142
    mtbr member
    Reputation: SoDakSooner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    438
    oops
    Last edited by SoDakSooner; 01-14-2008 at 06:50 PM.

  43. #143
    mtbr member
    Reputation: SoDakSooner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    438
    Quote Originally Posted by okie_calvin
    Obviously you haven't donated to their kids college funds as much as I!

    I don't know about that, they have plenty of my kids' college fund. Surely that should count for something.

  44. #144
    I can't weld
    Reputation: Indiefab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    546
    Quote Originally Posted by SoDakSooner
    T-town has headset caps? How come I didn't get one
    Thought I'd show you guys what we're talking about.

    The skyline etching is an accurate outline of several of T-Town's (Tulsa's) historic downtown buildings. FYI: This is off a bike bought from there about 10 years ago.


  45. #145
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    134
    My sister has had it engraved. She was worried that it is a very 'me' gift and that he wouldn't remember that it was from her as well, so we changed the wording to "60 Years Strong - Michelle and Lynne"

    As soon as I get it tonight, I'll take a photo, and another one when he receives it!

  46. #146
    boomer
    Reputation: okie_calvin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    883
    Quote Originally Posted by Indiefab
    Thought I'd show you guys what we're talking about.

    The skyline etching is an accurate outline of several of T-Town's (Tulsa's) historic downtown buildings. FYI: This is off a bike bought from there about 10 years ago.

    I've got one of those and a red one too; here's what I'm currently rockin'. Sorry for the blurry pic but the title of the cap makes sense.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Calvin

  47. #147
    mtbr member
    Reputation: panda-man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    103
    Quote Originally Posted by MichH
    My sister has had it engraved. She was worried that it is a very 'me' gift and that he wouldn't remember that it was from her as well, so we changed the wording to "60 Years Strong - Michelle and Lynne"

    As soon as I get it tonight, I'll take a photo, and another one when he receives it!
    where's the pic?

  48. #148
    Fall Down...Go Boom
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    181
    Quote Originally Posted by meat tooth paste
    Niner Bikes makes them.
    Hooray Bikes!
    -The world breaks everyone and after some are strong at the broken places.

  49. #149
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    103
    My new bling.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Pix of Your Headset Top Caps!-stem-cap.jpg  


  50. #150
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    103
    New bling. (sorry double post.)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Pix of Your Headset Top Caps!-stem-cap.jpg  


Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •