• 07-04-2017
    Cornfield
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jcd46 View Post
    You might need to fork out $400.00 so we can see your pictures. 

I was thinking to myself about that figure; I bet I could build a decent wheelset for $400. :)
  • 07-04-2017
    jcd46
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Cornfield View Post
    I was thinking to myself about that figure; I bet I could build a decent wheelset for $400. :)

Lol without a doubt, Corn.
  • 07-04-2017
    allu
    Quote:

You might need to fork out $400.00 so we can see your pictures. 😁😁

Now that's interesting! 😁Didn't even realize Photobucket dislikes sharing pictures from Google Drive, oops. Fixed now.
  • 07-04-2017
    jcd46
    Quote:

Originally Posted by allu View Post
    Now that's interesting! 😁Didn't even realize Photobucket dislikes sharing pictures from Google Drive, oops. Fixed now.

There is a thread about their changes in general. 👍
  • 07-04-2017
    Cornfield
    1 Attachment(s)
    Quote:

There is a thread about their changes in general. 

There's a few, here's one from the OC: http://forums.mtbr.com/off-camber-of...s-1049460.html

And now back to our originally scheduled program: Renthal FatBar Lite 740mm x 30mm Rise x 31.8 Bar Clamp (I was going to post a link, but it looks like I got one of the last ones at Universal for the $43 price instead of $84).

Attachment 1144885
  • 07-07-2017
    smittycop
    Picked up some XTR shifters and Giant Lock On grips to go with the new brakes from last week all from the LBS, done for a while now

Sent via carrier pigeon
  • 07-08-2017
    Cornfield
    1 Attachment(s)
    Quote:

Originally Posted by smittycop View Post
    done for a while now

That's what we all say, lol!

On-One El Guapo 45mm stem.

Attachment 1145513
  • 07-08-2017
    jcd46
    Quote:

Attachment 1145513

Telling me? Lol!
  • 07-08-2017
    V1Rotate
    2 Attachment(s)
    Threw a RF 30T on the front along with an XTR derailleur replacing my bashed XT rd. Happy with the gear ratios with the 11/36 rear where I'm riding currently
    Attachment 1145515Attachment 1145516
  • 07-08-2017
    DIRTJUNKIE
    Quote:

You might need to fork out $400.00 so we can see your pictures. 😁😁

Last week when I received the email from Photobucket. I almost jumped and forked out the $400. Then I realized I needed to feed myself this month so I opted out.
  • 07-08-2017
    jcd46
    Quote:

Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    Last week when I received the email from Photobucket. I almost jumped and forked out the $400. Then I realized I needed to feed myself this month so I opted out.

Weird thing is I just signed up about 3 weeks ago, it seemed like a nitemare to navigate, so I said "f*it".😁
  • 07-08-2017
    misterbill
    I realize that this is a dumb question, I keep my pictures in my computer. Why would you want to put them in photobucket?
  • 07-08-2017
    Cornfield
    1 Attachment(s)
    Quote:

Originally Posted by misterbill View Post
    I realize that this is a dumb question, I keep my pictures in my computer. Why would you want to put them in photobucket?

There was a time when the forum uploader was wacky, but now it works ok:

Attachment 1145531
  • 07-08-2017
    chazpat
    I've always been weary of those free photo hosts, figuring they would pull this type of stunt at some point, once they had a large number of people with a ton of photos hosted. Very easy for them to take the files hostage, though at $400 I'm betting they are going to fail big time. If they'd made it $8 a month, it probably would have worked.
  • 07-10-2017
    huckleberry hound
    Quote:

There was a time when the forum uploader was wacky, but now it works ok:

Attachment 1145531

How are those new pedals working out?
  • 07-10-2017
    Cornfield
    Quote:

Originally Posted by huckleberry hound View Post
    How are those new pedals working out?

I like them a lot! Not looking forward to missing a pedal, tho. :eek:

Got them in a couple days shipped thru DHL.
  • 07-10-2017
    jcd46
    Quote:

Attachment 1145513

When I was selecting parts for my 29er, I wanted the Ancho ones in white but were not available, so went with RF.

Yours will match my new bike IF it was a flat bar bike. 😁
  • 07-10-2017
    Cornfield
    Quote:

When I was selecting parts for my 29er, I wanted the Ancho ones in white but were not available, so went with RF.

Yours will match my new bike IF it was a flat bar bike. 

I'll sell them to you for less than retail @ $75. :D Nothing wrong with a flat-bar roadie bike!

I looked at those Ancho bars too, On-One has some good stuff, just wished they used DHL!
  • 07-10-2017
    jcd46
    Quote:

I'll sell them to you for less than retail @ $75. :D Nothing wrong with a flat-bar roadie bike!

I looked at those Ancho bars too, On-One has some good stuff, just wished they used DHL!

They do, shipping is brutal though.
  • 07-10-2017
    0gravity
    1 Attachment(s)
    New ride, and my first carbon bike: 2017 Niner Rip 9 RDO.

I previously had an alloy 2014 Niner WFO9. Great bike but it developed play in the suspension bearing housings just under 3 years in. Probably my fault for not often enough checking for bearing tightness. No way to repair and no replacement rear swing-arms still available for a 2014 bike. So this forced me into getting a new frame but Niner was awesome and gave me a 60% discount on a new frame.

Previous WFO and new RIP are both 150mm frames with similar geometry. So fork, dropper, front wheel, drivetrain and all other parts from the WFO moved over to the new frame.

Had to buy a new rear wheel to fit the boost frame (previous WFO was not boost) so went with a carbon Light Bicycle with 31.8 internal width and I9 hub (side note: previous Stans hub on Flow EX was not reliable, hence the spendy upgrade to I9).

Rides great, and lighter than the alloy WFO. I don't know if it's the new Fox shock versus the previous RS Monarch, but this is even more plush than my previous WFO, which was already really plush when fully open.

Glad to be riding again as I didn't have a back-up bike while this frame change was sorted out.
  • 07-10-2017
    tyder
    Quote:

Originally Posted by 0gravity View Post
    New ride, and my first carbon bike: 2017 Niner Rip 9 RDO.

I previously had an alloy 2014 Niner WFO9. Great bike but it developed play in the suspension bearing housings just under 3 years in. Probably my fault for not often enough checking for bearing tightness. No way to repair and no replacement rear swing-arms still available for a 2014 bike. So this forced me into getting a new frame but Niner was awesome and gave me a 60% discount on a new frame.

Previous WFO and new RIP are both 150mm frames with similar geometry. So fork, dropper, front wheel, drivetrain and all other parts from the WFO moved over to the new frame.

Had to buy a new rear wheel to fit the boost frame (previous WFO was not boost) so went with a carbon Light Bicycle with 31.8 internal width and I9 hub (side note: previous Stans hub on Flow EX was not reliable, hence the spendy upgrade to I9).

Rides great, and lighter than the alloy WFO. I don't know if it's the new Fox shock versus the previous RS Monarch, but this is even more plush than my previous WFO, which was already really plush when fully open.

Glad to be riding again as I didn't have a back-up bike while this frame change was sorted out.

Awesome Bike!!
  • 07-11-2017
    allu
  • 07-11-2017
    chase2wheels
    Quote:

Originally Posted by LiquidSpin View Post
    2018 Fox Factory fork with 150mm travel. What's new is the EVOL has been added from their rear shocks to their forks now to give better bottom and mid stroke more bump compliance as well as a more tunable progressive end. Beefier negative air chamber is a good thing :)

18 miles in and I'm loving it! :thumbsup:

Attachment 1142235

Sweet bike
  • 07-16-2017
    Woodzy
    New frame
    My new frame arrived today! Now time to strip my cracked frame and get back out there.
  • 07-16-2017
    Cleared2land
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodzy View Post
    My new frame arrived today! Now time to strip my cracked frame and get back out there.

No photo? Are you sure you really received a frame today?
  • 07-16-2017
    Woodzy
    I am trying to work out to post pics from my iPhone... I am not winning
  • 07-16-2017
    Woodzy
    2 Attachment(s)
    Attachment 1146854Attachment 1146856

Ok here they are I needed to go full site on my mobile. Now I am at a stop point because I don't have a bb removal tool and my lbs are closed Monday so will get that done tomorrow. Also my fork steer is 160 long so I am not able to run spacers.... or a dust cap, I am not to worried at the moment but will talk to my lbs about it tomorrow.
  • 07-16-2017
    Woodzy
    Oh this is a ss build by the way
  • 07-16-2017
    gooseberry1

Just a Deadwood that is so much fun

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • 07-17-2017
    bachman1961
    3 Attachment(s)
    Ordered something for my wife's new car and by complete accident, stumbled into the bike section of the site.

Been wanting a handy snack or grub pouch,
    Seen a great price on a 720mm carbon bar (oldie bike has a 590 or 600)
    Figured the old man needs to try those Ergo grips

Still, she way outspent me with her new wheelz. :rolleyes:
  • 07-17-2017
    cmg71
    Pissed my pants like an excited puppy when DHL turned up [emoji4]
  • 07-17-2017
    LiquidSpin
    Quote:

Originally Posted by chase2wheels View Post
    Sweet bike

Thanks!
  • 07-17-2017
    Stalkerfiveo
    2 Attachment(s)
    Added an RCT3 shock and Stuffed a set of Morsa 2.5s onto the SB5c.

Attachment 1146992

Attachment 1146993
  • 07-18-2017
    jcd46
    Just some RF Chesters, testing these out since you guys rave about them. VP Vice didn't have purple 😪

(some inspiration from nvphatty)

Oh yeah, the bike is also new 😁😁
  • 07-19-2017
    mtnbkr80015

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 07-20-2017
    KiwiJohn
    Quote:

Oh yeah, the bike is also new 😁😁

That Macho Man is ticking a lot of boxes for me. Love the skinny steel fork.
  • 07-20-2017
    jcd46
    Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwiJohn View Post
    That Macho Man is ticking a lot of boxes for me. Love the skinny steel fork.

I love it, only 1 ride in, but now I know what all the steel talk is about.
  • 07-21-2017
    willowbeast
    I must start snapping pics then. Picked up my 2018 Giant Talon 2 weeks ago, bought some new peddles, biking undies, still to arrive, neoprene chain stay protector, new Odi lock on grips, and new end caps.
    Can't seem to post pics. But I received silicone crank ends today.
  • 07-21-2017
    Stalkerfiveo
    1 Attachment(s)
    Just finished assembling my new (2017 closeout) Trek ProCaliber 9.6.

Converted to GX 1x11, 780 RF carbon bar, short stem and carbon seat post. Set the tires up tubeless and slapped a set of XT pedals on. Gonna go dial it in tomorrow morning. :cool:

Attachment 1147705
  • 07-22-2017
    MCHB
    1 Attachment(s)
    Odis! Gonna try Garfields next time. :D
    Attachment 1147862