Page 179 of 179 FirstFirst ... 79129169175176177178179
Results 8,901 to 8,932 of 8932
    mtbr member
    I picked up these Hope hubs and had the LBS build up a set of Stans Crest MK3 wheels. As soon as the new tires arrive Ill get them mounted. I can't wait!

Post a PIC of your latest purchase [bike related only]-20161206_105536_resized.jpg

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    Hey now, what is this a GoPro knockoff? Even the name lends a tribute to idea theft.
    There's actually a bunch of these kind of cameras. Like, a hundred brands, all different in some way or another. There are SJCAMs, DBpower, Eken, GeekPro, Q6, Elephone, Wimius, Firefly, etc.

GitUp is usually one of the most recommended along with SJCAM ones. Same with the Xiaomi Yi.
    Actually, for anyone looking for a VERY CAPABLE camera with real 4k, look no further than the YI 4k from Xiaomi. Half the price, and some would say that its better.

But as for the rest, they are all usually a ton better than entry level GoPros, and they are usually below $150, some of them below $100 and some as low as $40. Most of them have LCD screens and most of them can record up to 1080p60fps with very good quality, sometimes better than the Gopro ones. Most offer slow motion, timelapse, burst photos, and stuff like that too. They are all compatible with GoPro mounts too.

They are NOT Gopro though, so don't expect flawless reliability or fancy modes like Superview. The only ones (as far as I know) offering support and firmware updates to this day are GitUp, SJCAM and Xiaomi, so its no surprise those are usually the ones reviewed on videos or recommended.

But yeah, there's life after GoPro! I'm getting a Xiaomi Yi myself.

Ride 'Til Your Knees Hurt
    Quote Originally Posted by jcd46 View Post
    The reviews in Amazon were not that great. Ok back to work.
    Amazon reviews seldom are All kidding aside, $130 vs $399? I'll take it! I plan on getting a Hero5 down the road but this is a good starter for action cams.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Amazon reviews are extremely hard to gauge. Most of them could be paid reviews, some could be just unlucky people that got a factory defect on their product, and some may just be idiots that don't know how to use the product. You basically need to read each review to get an idea of how seriously it was written or if its just bs.

Youtube reviews are far better. But yeah, they are great ways to start.

Magically Delicious
    Regarding reviews...old known marketing wisdom...

When you are happy with a product, you'll tell two people.

When you are unhappy with a product, you'll tell ten people.

Take negative reviews with a discerning eye. Not to discount them; just take them cautiously.
    A bad day of cycling is better than a good day at work

Work Truck - Dassault Falcon 7X

Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Quote Originally Posted by Deartist7 View Post
    There's actually a bunch of these kind of cameras. Like, a hundred brands, all different in some way or another. There are SJCAMs, DBpower, Eken, GeekPro, Q6, Elephone, Wimius, Firefly, etc.

GitUp is usually one of the most recommended along with SJCAM ones. Same with the Xiaomi Yi.
    Actually, for anyone looking for a VERY CAPABLE camera with real 4k, look no further than the YI 4k from Xiaomi. Half the price, and some would say that its better.

But as for the rest, they are all usually a ton better than entry level GoPros, and they are usually below $150, some of them below $100 and some as low as $40. Most of them have LCD screens and most of them can record up to 1080p60fps with very good quality, sometimes better than the Gopro ones. Most offer slow motion, timelapse, burst photos, and stuff like that too. They are all compatible with GoPro mounts too.

They are NOT Gopro though, so don't expect flawless reliability or fancy modes like Superview. The only ones (as far as I know) offering support and firmware updates to this day are GitUp, SJCAM and Xiaomi, so its no surprise those are usually the ones reviewed on videos or recommended.

But yeah, there's life after GoPro! I'm getting a Xiaomi Yi myself.
    My comment was in reference to how similar in looks and name to GoPro cameras. Seems there would be something there that would be patent infringements. Even if there wasn't I see theft just looking at it. All others I've seen don't resemble GoPro like that design does.
    Front Range, Colorado.

mtbr member
    Seems there would be something there that would be patent infringements.
    It's almost impossible to sue companies in other countries over this. And, the possibility is big that one of these companies selling these is the company that makes the cameras for moFoGoPro. They know it's impossible, therefore they do it.

I didn't do it
    I can't believe how identical it looks to a GoPro. I hope they covered all bases without patent infringements. GoPro is a HUGE company to go up against.
    Actually GoPro has been losing tons of cash for over a year now. And their stock price has tanked. They may not be quite the behemoth that they were a few years ago.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted
    Remember, commas save lives

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Having to to make a recall of their first ever drone isn't helping either.

how heavy are you ??
    I can't believe how identical it looks to a GoPro. I hope they covered all bases without patent infringements. GoPro is a HUGE company to go up against.
    Agreed!

Sent from the UnderWorld via Nexus 6P 😜
    What does Marsellus Wallace look like, A BIT*H?

I didn't do it
    Quote Originally Posted by Deartist7 View Post
    Having to to make a recall of their first ever drone isn't helping either.
    Oops, that's no good. There's a lot of drone options out there right now.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

Quote Originally Posted by Mookie View Post
    Actually GoPro has been losing tons of cash for over a year now. And their stock price has tanked. They may not be quite the behemoth that they were a few years ago.
    Well they've always been my HERO.
    Front Range, Colorado.

I didn't do it
    Well they've always been my HERO.
    I do like my Hero4.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

I do like my Hero4.
    And those in the know, know you can get a higher end 4 or 3 for cheap late in the year when the next model comes out. Why opt for a cheap version and save minimal money and not be happy. I love my Hero Silver 3. Going strong for 3 years. When the 4 came out I jumped on a deal on the 3 for half price.
    Front Range, Colorado.

mtbr member

Post a PIC of your latest purchase [bike related only]

My Christmas present is already under the
    Last edited by mtnbkr80015; 2 Days Ago at 01:36 PM.
    Enjoy the ride...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr80015 View Post
    Sweet!
    2016 SC Heckler R build
    2012 CX Kona Jake

Giggity!

Quote Originally Posted by jcd46 View Post
    Sweet!
    Very nice and it matches the tree.

I just noticed Santa's elves forgot to install one of the fork legs. Be careful out there.
    Front Range, Colorado.

mtbr member

I just noticed Santa's elves forgot to install one of the fork legs. Be careful out there.
    Well, really the picture was showing the new bear spray water bottle holder....
    Enjoy the ride...

mtbr member

But the bike was also my present
    Enjoy the ride...

mtbr member

I might get to ride it it the snow tomorrow, it's gonna be a heat wave of 32 degrees and snowing versus this morning which was -14
    Enjoy the ride...

Scalpel Fan
    Mar 2008
    I'm picking mine up from my LBS tomorrow. They built a new wheelset for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EVO SS wearable gimbal.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
    I'm picking mine up from my LBS tomorrow. They built a new wheelset for me.

you'll love it!
    Enjoy the ride...

Why opt for a cheap version and save minimal money and not be happy.
    Best price I've seen for a new Hero 4 is $299 which is only $100 less than a Hero 5. If I was going to throw down that kind of scratch, I'd just get the Hero 5. I paid $155 for my Git2, which included a wrist remote. Totally happy with my purchase.

mtbr member
    After much debate, research, reading, and help from my friends at home, work and online (especially from MTBR.com), I finally pulled the trigger today and broke down to purchase my 2nd MTB Bike.

It's Specialized 2016 (year end deal) Fuse Comp 6Fattie 27.5+. Here's the link to their 2017 which basically has all the same bells & whistles except for front forks (as always). They changed the tires over to No-tubes before I picked it up. 3" Purgatory on front tire, Ground Control on rear tire. Never used a Dropper seatpost before so it's going to be fun and exciting figuring out how this accessory will heighten and challenge me on rides.

I've been riding my Specialized RockHopper 29er Comp on 2.3" No-tube tires (front/back). After getting on my new Fuse I feel like I sit up high on a Clydesdale horse on my Rockhopper! lol. It makes me feel like Im securely snug in my cockpit now which is something I've not experienced on the Rockhopper. On my Rockhopper it has felt like the mission is "Point down hill and GO!" And go it does!

I'm just blessed to be in good health, 2 great kids who have finished college with great heads on their shoulders, a faithful, loving and supportive wife of 30yrs (last week Anniv!) and having a close, personal relationship with My Lord & Savior. This is something that I never take for granted and always give thanks to where and to Whom it belongs!

Merry Christmas to all here!Post a PIC of your latest purchase [bike related only]-016.jpgPost a PIC of your latest purchase [bike related only]-017.jpg
    Old Man Biker

Quote Originally Posted by cycljunkie View Post
    Best price I've seen for a new Hero 4 is $299 which is only $100 less than a Hero 5. If I was going to throw down that kind of scratch, I'd just get the Hero 5. I paid $155 for my Git2, which included a wrist remote. Totally happy with my purchase.
    Glad you're happy. I just looked into the current pricing and it seems you're right. Here's a Hero 3 Silver for $275. That's the one I have and I thought the price would have gone down more than that since my purchase a couple of years ago.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/GoPro-CHDHN-301/23422516
    Front Range, Colorado.

Well, really the picture was showing the new bear spray water bottle holder....
    Nice!
    Front Range, Colorado.

mtbr member
    Picked up this

A mountain, a lake, a trail, all waiting there...

mtbr member
    I do like my Hero4.
    I have a Hero 3 Black that I have used very little, but those were some good videos
    Enjoy the ride...

Scalpel Fan
    Mar 2008
    you'll love it!

Curious to see how the new tires and wheels feel versus the standard Mavics and the Panaracers. I'm hoping this will be a nice setup for winter. It will be interesting to see if I stick with this setup after spring or go back to the Panaracers. I've put ~700 miles on the Panaracers and really had no major complaints other than a few flats.

since 4/10/2009
    Some DMR Vault platform pedals. Brendog special edition, because QBP was sold out of most of the colors, except the ones I didn't want, and the special edition ones (some of which had even weirder colors). I just wanted black, so these were it. These came with an extra set of pins for adjusting traction, so that's nice.

20161210_110911 by Nate, on Flickr

Significantly larger than my older Blackspire Sub4 pedals that these are replacing.

20161210_111206 by Nate, on Flickr

My Blackspires are in need of a rebuild (rebuilt them just last year, too), as well as new spindles (mine are both bent). The cost of spindles is what really got me on these. They're twice as expensive as quite a few other brands, for plain ol cromoly spindles. It's not quite cheaper to buy new pedals, but at $60 just to rebuild what I've got, I don't think I'll be doing the total rebuild. I think I'll just get new bushings and use them as spares.

I agonized for quite some time over which pedals to replace the Blackspires with. I absolutely HATE the grub/set screw style pins, so that eliminated a lot of options from contention. I also had to dig into the expense of and ease of availability of parts, which was a complaint I had of the Blackspires. So that whittled the list down more. I also wanted something with WIDER platforms. I didn't care much about the length one way or the other...I thought the Blackspires were fine there, but my size 46 shoes curl over the outside edges of the old pedals, which wasn't pleasant on burly terrain. Finally settled on the DMR's, which is nice because they look to be a very highly regarded pedal. Initial foot placement in the basement is nice and secure, with my whole shoe supported by the pedal. I left the pin configuration as stock for now.

mtbr member
    Raceface Turbine stem(70mm) and out front Garmin mount
    Enjoy the ride...