Page 151 of 171 FirstFirst ... 51101141147148149150151152153154155161 ... LastLast
Results 7,501 to 7,550 of 8530
    mtbr member

Shorter stem. New stem spacers new handle bars new pedals. Brake lines will change eventually.

If I ever find myself lost, I just change where I'm going.

Norðwegr
    WTB:

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Out for delivery right now...

Post a PIC of your latest purchase [bike related only]-1450141033623-1dun194t2kyfu-960-540.jpg

Hopefully I'll be back, editing this with my own picture as soon as I get off of work in a few hours. I keep refreshing the tracking page and it's going to be hard not to leave early once it's delivered so I can hurry up and begin installing it and try it out.

Edit:

Finally arrived and installed. I take it for a ride tomorrow morning, took the day off work to try it in the hills. Around the neighborhood the 9t makes a huge difference in too end. No doubt there's considerably more top end than with the X01 and 32 up front.

The 44t rear made a nice difference and combined with losing two teeth up front it feels like a true bailout gear, something I would rarely use even on the hilly trails around here and that's what I wanted. I feel that in order to get a substantially lower low gear, the front chainring tooth reduction should be a part of the package. The 9t more than makes up for it.

Shifting is is better than the X01 and I have to adjust my shifting style to suit this cassette. All around just awesome.

Post a PIC of your latest purchase [bike related only]-image.jpg
    Last edited by BuickGN; 01-12-2016 at 09:25 PM.
    '08 Hardrock HRXC
    '09 Epic Comp
    '14 Trance SX -

the half breed devil
    i hope that this was one of those small things that will make the 'cross bike feel better:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post a PIC of your latest purchase [bike related only]-img_0537.jpg  

Post a PIC of your latest purchase [bike related only]-img_0538.jpg  

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Impulse buy today but sort of needed. Today was my first day of riding actual trails in 2 months so the cassette, 48mm stem (down from 70mm), my goggles, and my first pair of 510s were on their maiden voyage.

I noticed that the bars felt narrow after going to the shorter stem and planned on getting a wider bar one day. I made the mistake of going into the local huge bike shop with every imaginable part in stock right after my ride and with two unused gift cards from Christmas/birthday. I saw the Bontrager Rhythmn Pro Carbon bar. It's a full 820mm wide so I will probably cut it but I'm going to ride it for a little while first. The stiffness is noticeable as its light but not that light for a carbon bar. It is a little lighter than my stock 730mm bar. It's just what I wanted because it's an AM/DH bar.

Anyway I thought the price on the package was $69 so I thought it was a great deal. I didn't see the $169. I was already there so I got it anyway. I talk too much so here's the pics.

Post a PIC of your latest purchase [bike related only]-image.jpg
    Post a PIC of your latest purchase [bike related only]-image.jpgPost a PIC of your latest purchase [bike related only]-image.jpgPost a PIC of your latest purchase [bike related only]-image.jpg
    '08 Hardrock HRXC
    '09 Epic Comp
    '14 Trance SX -

mtbr member
    My Cobia is feeling a bit surly...and svelte, at 24.9lbs.
    Post a PIC of your latest purchase [bike related only]-fb_img_1452821466091.jpg

the half breed devil
    Quote Originally Posted by OwenM View Post
    My Cobia is feeling a bit surly...and svelte, at 24.9lbs.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1452821466091.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	44.0 KB 
ID:	1042726
    oh well...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post a PIC of your latest purchase [bike related only]-screen-shot-2016-01-14-6.48.40-pm.jpg  

mtbr member
    Well, they say it's the thought that counts. Thank you very much!
    The LBS also gave me a pull-off stem just like my stock one, but in between that and the one I've decided is a bit too short.
    Just got done mounting that up, so it'll be like trying a whole new bike tomorrow

Post a PIC of your latest purchase [bike related only]-2016-01-14_19.42.39.jpg
    'Cept the stem is back to being white for the moment...

mtbr member
    WTB 2.4 Trail Boss got for 29 bucks too

Post a PIC of your latest purchase [bike related only]-img_0957.jpg

And picked up a backpack. This one is for clothes, shoes, food, etc....
    Osprey Comet 30
    Post a PIC of your latest purchase [bike related only]-img_0955.jpg

Love the quality and design of Osprey!! Awesome

RIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Ride MORE = Live Longer
    Love Dirt / Hate Pavement

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Burt, you'll need a high quality pack to lug that pipe wrench around. You must have some gnarly wrecks if you have to carry a tool like that!

Great deal on the tire.

the half breed devil
    cheap ($18.99 via ebay) chinese "5000 lumen" solar storm 5000 cree U2.

we will see how long this thing lasts. my first cheap cree light lasted just over a year and my second is still working although the connector can be a little recalcitrant.

the thing is BRIGHT and i don't care if it's only 1500 or 2000 lumens rather than 5000. i'm also pretty stoked on how small it is.

in san francisco, you can tape dead batteries to the top of your recycling bin so when this one dies, i'll just find another.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post a PIC of your latest purchase [bike related only]-img_0545.jpg  

Post a PIC of your latest purchase [bike related only]-img_0546.jpg  

Last edited by shekky; 01-15-2016 at 08:12 PM.

b a n n e d
    ^^^ Hey Shekky, nice pick up . . . just don't leave it charging unattended (I'm serious).
    Alcohol may lead nowhere, but it sure is the scenic route!

the half breed devil
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    ^^^ Hey Shekky, nice pick up . . . just don't leave it charging unattended (I'm serious).
    oh, i've heard about that. some dude damn near burned his house down.

the half breed devil
    A Cheap Chinese Bike Light Nearly Burned Down this Rider?s House | Singletracks Mountain Bike News

mtbr member
    I bought more of 18650 batteries for my bike flashlight.
    My flashlight is good. It's jetbeam br10gt
    Pros
    - small
    - very bright. you can watch when I use on my trip here for example.
    - easy to unmount
    - easy to change batteries, bring many you want or find new one
    - brightest mode can take 2 hrs

Cons
    - not as bright as big flashlight with external battery

Post a PIC of your latest purchase [bike related only]-_6882.jpg
    follow my Bangkok urban trails at My youtube channel

the half breed devil
    new bar tape for the 'cross...five years after i got it. wrapped it right over the red stock tape. hopefully, that'll make riding this bike on dirt a wee bit more comfortable.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post a PIC of your latest purchase [bike related only]-img_0556.jpg  

Post a PIC of your latest purchase [bike related only]-img_0558.jpg  

Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    YIKERS!
    Did his insurance cover him for a better light setup?
    ---------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)
    ************^^^^¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqpcBpSsj1A

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    YIKERS!
    Did his insurance cover him for a better light setup?
    Yes I hope it was submitted to insurance as a full Lupine setup.
    Here is the thing about equality, everyone's equal when they're dead. - Gavroche, Les Misérables

mtbr member
    Been using the Leatt hydration pack from my dirtbike racing days and it really just doesn't have the zipper space for a phone, tube, co2, tire levers, trail snacks........all the stuff you need for weekly 30+ mile MTB rides.

So it was time to upgrade.

Post a PIC of your latest purchase [bike related only]-img_1160.jpg
    In serving the wicked, expect no reward, and be thankful if you escape injury for your pains.

Brand Ambassador Moderator
    We went a little over the top today....
    Post a PIC of your latest purchase [bike related only]-2016-01-16-15.36.28.jpg

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by JCWages View Post
    We went a little over the top today....

Name:	2016-01-16 15.36.28.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	140.0 KB 
ID:	1043275
    I see nothing wrong with grabbing to intense whips if they money is there.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by syrous44 View Post
    I see nothing wrong with grabbing to intense whips if they money is there.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk
    Aye. We can't tow with my car because if we got rear ended the bikes would be worth more. lol

the half breed devil
    Quote Originally Posted by Stalkerfiveo View Post
    Been using the Leatt hydration pack from my dirtbike racing days and it really just doesn't have the zipper space for a phone, tube, co2, tire levers, trail snacks........all the stuff you need for weekly 30+ mile MTB rides.

So it was time to upgrade.

Name:	IMG_1160.JPG 
Views:	170 
Size:	222.9 KB 
ID:	1043273
    that's a really nice looking pack. if my umnpteen year old mule ever dies, i'll definitely be checking out the new ones.

Quote Originally Posted by BuickGN View Post
    Out for delivery right now...

Hopefully I'll be back, editing this with my own picture as soon as I get off of work in a few hours. I keep refreshing the tracking page and it's going to be hard not to leave early once it's delivered so I can hurry up and begin installing it and try it out.

Edit:

Finally arrived and installed. I take it for a ride tomorrow morning, took the day off work to try it in the hills. Around the neighborhood the 9t makes a huge difference in too end. No doubt there's considerably more top end than with the X01 and 32 up front.

The 44t rear made a nice difference and combined with losing two teeth up front it feels like a true bailout gear, something I would rarely use even on the hilly trails around here and that's what I wanted. I feel that in order to get a substantially lower low gear, the front chainring tooth reduction should be a part of the package. The 9t more than makes up for it.

Shifting is is better than the X01 and I have to adjust my shifting style to suit this cassette. All around just awesome.
    Have you done any more rides on the cassette? It seems like it's too good to be true except for the price I guess.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by shekky View Post
    that's a really nice looking pack. if my umnpteen year old mule ever dies, i'll definitely be checking out the new ones.
    I have all my tools, tube and trail snacks as well as spare gloves and socks. There's still space for more stuff like shedding layers in the winter when it gets too warm. I think I'll really like it.
    In serving the wicked, expect no reward, and be thankful if you escape injury for your pains.

Mr. Chaos Theory

Some Pearl Izumi Pro lobster gloves! Used gift cards from Christmas, total out of pocket $5! 😏✌❤

Sent by homing missile from my HTC one M8
    WeLcOmE tO tHe CoLlEcTiVe.

2016 Spec. Fat Boy Trail
    2009 Pivot Mach 5
    Base of Operations NH USA

Pirate!!!
    Hopey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b a n n e d
    ^^^Will be interested to see this thing installed and hear a ride report. Never heard of such a thing until now. Their website leaves a lot to be desired.
    Alcohol may lead nowhere, but it sure is the scenic route!

Pirate!!!
    ^^^Will be interested to see this thing installed and hear a ride report. Never heard of such a thing until now. Their website leaves a lot to be desired.
    You are right, not much info online about these little units. I have a couple coworkers that swear by them, enough to convince me to give it a try anyway. I'm putting it on a new build, so it will be a few weeks before installing it. I'll be sure to report about it.
    There's quite a few reviews online, the common thread being people that have tried the Hopey love it, and the people who think it's "stupid" have never tried one.

the half breed devil
    i've heard of them. steering dampers were quite the thing during the late nineties. here's a dirt rag review from 2000:

Hopey Steering Damper | Dirt Rag

mtbr member
    30mm Internal 29er LB Carbon
    Post a PIC of your latest purchase [bike related only]-img_20160116_112631-large-.jpg rims for the Remedy
    2014 Trek Slash 8
    2014 Trek Superfly FS 8 -Sold
    2016 Trek Remedy 9
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MEfLAZIWAU-My Trail Dog

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Cobb View Post
    You are right, not much info online about these little units. I have a couple coworkers that swear by them, enough to convince me to give it a try anyway. I'm putting it on a new build, so it will be a few weeks before installing it. I'll be sure to report about it.
    There's quite a few reviews online, the common thread being people that have tried the Hopey love it, and the people who think it's "stupid" have never tried one.
    They are the bees knees on a dirtybike. Maybe I don't ride fast enough, but I couldn't see myself ever wanting one on a bicycle. You an "enduro" type guy?

As for me, I went full geek and got me some fat fenders. They rule.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by JCWages View Post
    Have you done any more rides on the cassette? It seems like it's too good to be true except for the price I guess.
    I won't get into too much detail in this thread but out on the trail it shifts absolutely great. The X01 cassette shifted very well, this one is even better. Even after downsizing to 30t from a 32t, I have a noticeably higher top end. With the 44t combined with the 30t, it feels like one full additional lower gear. I could go with a 28 up front and only lose a tiny bit of top end over the 32t which I may try.

The big surprise was that there were no derailleur adjustments necessary except for the low limit. I can't get over how crisp the shifting is in every gear.
    '08 Hardrock HRXC
    '09 Epic Comp
    '14 Trance SX -

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by FLN75S View Post
    30mm Internal 29er LB Carbon

Name:	IMG_20160116_112631 (Large).jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	61.4 KB 
ID:	1043505 rims for the Remedy
    Very nices Nice those are going to look sick on that bike to . I'm picking my 16 rem 29er
    In a week or so ...can't wait how do you like it so far

mtbr member
    Smith handlebars & ENVE mud guard... Huh?

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Got some of these Crank Brothers stainless pedal cleat spacers. They prevent the springs from digging into the sole of the shoes and allow the shoe to float much better. They were only $9 shipped from Amazon.

GOD SPEED # 58 RIP
    Almost done.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post a PIC of your latest purchase [bike related only]-20151214_114105.jpg  

Post a PIC of your latest purchase [bike related only]-20160113_180456.jpg  

Post a PIC of your latest purchase [bike related only]-20151223_123820.jpg  

Post a PIC of your latest purchase [bike related only]-20160113_181601.jpg  

"My GREATEST FEAR is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my watches for what I told her I paid for them."

26 for life.
    Wider bars & shorter stem in a fetching colour combo.
    Sent from the future to destroy the past.

mtbr member

New fat bike!!

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    It's going to be like Christmas or my birthday for the next couple of weeks as boxes begin to come in...first box contained a '16 Trek Fuel EX 29 OCLV full carbon frameset!Post a PIC of your latest purchase [bike related only]-img_1339.jpg

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    Replacing my old chain after almost 2500 km.
    Post a PIC of your latest purchase [bike related only]-s-l1000.jpg

Fat Is Where It's At Moderator
    Should be arriving soon

Post a PIC of your latest purchase [bike related only]-framed_mn2_slvrblu_1200.jpg

pedal,pedal,pedal
    My anthem got some much needed lovin

-stans arch ex wheelset
    -xt casette (10-36)
    xt chain
    -rf nw 36t
    -mrp chain guide

mtbr member
    I bought a kickstand!
    Doesn't look like much, but it came with a bike attached
    Post a PIC of your latest purchase [bike related only]-20160123_145750.jpg

mtbr member
    The seat. I just bought the seat to finish the bike, at least on the surface-wanted black and the original Evoke 1 was torn and had rusting rails.
    Finally, with this purchase, a balance has been achieved, order restored, and peace permeates the land. The Evoke RL came in 1 gram underweight, negating the extra gram that Easton "saddled" me with when my 186g bars came in at 187g. I should send them the bill for that RL, but at least I can sleep well again!
    Post a PIC of your latest purchase [bike related only]-20160125_152356.jpg

Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    I bought a kickstand!
    Doesn't look like much, but it came with a bike attached

Name:	20160123_145750.JPG 
Views:	134 
Size:	132.6 KB 
ID:	1044921
    And it balances the bike perfectly as it's leaned against the garage.
    ---------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)
    ************^^^^¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqpcBpSsj1A

mtbr member
    I'm much too macho to use a kickstand.
    Unfortunately, I knew the bike wasn't a lightweight going in(does have a carbon fork, but not frame), and promised myself that I wouldn't change anything or try to lighten it up swapping components. It's left me with quite the dilemna. Ditch the kickstand, or "to thine own self be true"? Had no idea buying that thing would result in such a philosophical quagmire. Avoiding the issue, I know, but for the moment I have resolved to just pretend the kickstand isn't there.

6FREEK
    It's a waste of money,they said. You'll rarely use it , they said........ Finally got sick of borrowing from everyone and I've found Im having almost as much of a good time fooling with suspension settings as I am riding the 6Fattie! Found this for $20 and couldnt pass it up!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post a PIC of your latest purchase [bike related only]-shock-pump.jpg  

Last edited by crazyoldfool; 01-26-2016 at 05:02 AM. Reason: Corrected a misapplied word
    2016 Stumpjumper FSR Comp 6Fattie
    "Pain is just fear leaving your body"..........somebody who gets it

29ers Forever
    I'm much too macho to use a kickstand.
    Unfortunately, I knew the bike wasn't a lightweight going in(does have a carbon fork, but not frame), and promised myself that I wouldn't change anything or try to lighten it up swapping components. It's left me with quite the dilemna. Ditch the kickstand, or "to thine own self be true"? Had no idea buying that thing would result in such a philosophical quagmire. Avoiding the issue, I know, but for the moment I have resolved to just pretend the kickstand isn't there.
    I would ditch the kickstand if I were you. The bike will be lighter and handle way better.
    I don't bother with kickstands, none of my bikes have them and it doesn't negatively affect me.

mtbr member
    more often than not , the wind blows over bikes with kickstands anyway...end up with more damage than not having it on there.