Page 150 of 173 FirstFirst ... 50100140146147148149150151152153154160 ... LastLast
Results 7,451 to 7,500 of 8601
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Quote Originally Posted by Stalkerfiveo View Post
    Wrong as in? It's a 2014 Spark 930. The rim is only a 22mm ID so the true tire width comes out to 2.2 and not 2.4 so the tire ends up "taller".

But no, there's nothing wrong with the frame.
    It is what it is. As long as you are not a frequent mud rider you should be fine. I run 2.35's and the rear has that same clearance as yours.
    ---------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)
    ************^^^^\_(ツ)_/
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqpcBpSsj1A

mtbr member
    Sep 2015

Smile

Merry Christmas. From: me To: me
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post a PIC of your latest purchase [bike related only]-kona.jpg  

mtbr member

Race Face narrow wide chain ring

New Race Face narrow wide chain ring, Converted to a 1X setup, works perfect, no dropped chains.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post a PIC of your latest purchase [bike related only]-20151225_130433.jpg  

Post a PIC of your latest purchase [bike related only]-20151226_150117.jpg  

since 4/10/2009
    Wrong as in? It's a 2014 Spark 930. The rim is only a 22mm ID so the true tire width comes out to 2.2 and not 2.4 so the tire ends up "taller".

But no, there's nothing wrong with the frame.
    I was making a joke. Guess it didn't come off as such.

I'm such a wide tire guy at this point that I'd feel weird with that much clearance on a tire as small as a 2.4. My wife's got 2.4's on 30mm rims and has more clearance than that. So that's more like my "true" frame of reference, rather than comparing to my fatbike.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Harold View Post
    My wife's got 2.4's on 30mm rims and has more clearance than that. So that's more like my "true" frame of reference, rather than comparing to my fatbike.
    I think that was my point when I replied. My rims are only 22mm wide (inside) which squeezes the tire and causes it to be taller and narrower, thus closer to the frame. With a wider rim the tire height would be shorter due to the bead being wider.

Overall I am happy with them. Just waiting on the flood waters in GA to subside so I can go riding.
    In serving the wicked, expect no reward, and be thankful if you escape injury for your pains.

since 4/10/2009
    I think that was my point when I replied. My rims are only 22mm wide (inside) which squeezes the tire and causes it to be taller and narrower, thus closer to the frame. With a wider rim the tire height would be shorter due to the bead being wider.

Overall I am happy with them. Just waiting on the flood waters in GA to subside so I can go riding.
    What tires were you riding before?

Local shop owner is headed down to GA this weekend to do Snake Creek Gap and some of the Pinhoti this weekend. Dude drives at least 5 hours to go ride most weekends somewhere in KY/TN/NC/GA. And that's on top of doing a couple night rides per week at one of the "local" trails that permits such - roughly 1-1.5hrs away.

Flooding up here, too. Thankfully, tomorrow should be cold enough that the one local trail that's not underwater should be frozen. There's an urban ride happening today...but I just can't get interested no matter how hard I try.

mtbr member
    Purgatory/Ground Control 2.2s

I am running the Snake too. The old tires were about worn out on the sidewalls, not a good thing at the Snake!
    In serving the wicked, expect no reward, and be thankful if you escape injury for your pains.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    A Christmas present to myself. Finally got me a dropper post:

Post a PIC of your latest purchase [bike related only]-20151223_132311.jpg

and a few other things that I got for Christmas:

Post a PIC of your latest purchase [bike related only]-20151227_215414.jpg
    2011 Trek Fuel EX 9
    2011 Cannondale CAAD 10
    2002 Cannondale Jekyll 800
    2000 Raleigh M80

Quote Originally Posted by MtnBoiler View Post
    A Christmas present to myself. Finally got me a dropper post:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20151223_132311.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	75.8 KB 
ID:	1039207

and a few other things that I got for Christmas:

Name:	20151227_215414.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	80.0 KB 
ID:	1039203
    Nice!
    I haven't read any reviews on the FOX. Should be a sweet unit though. Coming in late in the game and hopefully addressing all the bad characteristics with the others on the market. They have always been a top notch company so I'm waiting for feedback.
    ---------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)
    ************^^^^\_(ツ)_/

mtbr member
    Pike. Should be here next week!

Name:  31Rm5SVIwML.jpg
Views: 695
Size:  15.1 KB

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    My last few, within the last month or so.....

Post a PIC of your latest purchase [bike related only]-image.jpg

Sorry for the sideways and upside down pictures. Damn iPad. I can't get the little bastardized off of there either. These are over the past couple months.

48mm stem installed he day after Cnristmas, some safety gear, with the goggles being new, love the Gyro full face, so comfortable and great wide open view. I think I've had it for close to 3 months so maybe it doesn't belong here. The body armor is a couple months old as are the knee/shin pads which are a perfect compromise between protection and something I can actually wear in real life all day long and be reasonably comfortable. I think they're a little on the light duty side for some of you guys that are much faster than me but at my speeds they're good enough. The Canfield Mags which are still tight with no side play after a couple months of my 240lbs on them. Surprisingly the convex design which I was afraid of is amazing and I will never go back to a concave or flat design as long as I can afford them. Too comfortable, too thin, and too much traction to go back. 2016 Fit4 damper which was probably the biggest single difference making it a better bike over every type of terrain and especially downhill. From a miserable POS to as good as a Pike or better. Then the 30t Wolftooth chain ring that I installed a few days ago in anticipation of my 9-44r cassette. I actually like it over the 32t of the same brand. No more shifting down when back pedaling in 1st gear due to a 2mm better chainline and since I spend much more time in low gear than my highest gear, the compromise is worth it. Soon there will be no compromise when the other cassette is for sale.

Oh, installed the new and softer compound Magic Mary and Hans Dampf when I got the full face helmet for a really fun downhill ride e were planning more to keep me out of the hospital than to go faster but most people know what tires look like lol.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post a PIC of your latest purchase [bike related only]-image.jpg  

Attached Images Attached Images  
    '08 Hardrock HRXC
    '09 Epic Comp
    '14 Trance SX -

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    ^^^^^^ That looks horrible but I don't know how to fix it from the iPad.
    '08 Hardrock HRXC
    '09 Epic Comp
    '14 Trance SX -

mtbr member
    To rotate pictures saved to your iPad open up the photo tap photo in center hit the edit tab in upper right hand corner, then look at bottom of pic you will see a box with arrows around it, tap the box. A box with a single arrow will appear right above the cancel button in bottom right hand corner, tap box and pic will rotate 90 every time you tap it. Click done button when complete to save photo. I hope this is what you were asking for.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Robg68 View Post
    To rotate pictures saved to your iPad open up the photo tap photo in center hit the edit tab in upper right hand corner, then look at bottom of pic you will see a box with arrows around it, tap the box. A box with a single arrow will appear right above the cancel button in bottom right hand corner, tap box and pic will rotate 90 every time you tap it. Click done button when complete to save photo. I hope this is what you were asking for.
    Thanks! That's exactly what I needed. More importantly I use it for work a lot and I've been emailing pictures to my work computer and doing the editing there. This saves a ton of work. Thanks again!
    '08 Hardrock HRXC
    '09 Epic Comp
    '14 Trance SX -

Quote Originally Posted by BuickGN View Post
    You have to rotate the photos in your photo section in the iPad and then post them.
    I'm posting from my iPad right now. I took your photo and saved it. Then went into my photos and went to edit. Rotated it and then posted it here.

---------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)
    ************^^^^\_(ツ)_/

mtbr member
    Jan 2016

diamondback atroz comp

my first all mountain ride. diamondback atroz comp. super fun bike. handles everything

link to basic review I did below

Post a PIC of your latest purchase [bike related only]-gopr4058.jpg

https://youtu.be/iS7Bd1uVKfo

the half breed devil
    yes, it is a triple. a triple fits my riding style...

the internets are full of ten speed XT gear at good prices since XT has been revised just a little bit for 2016.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post a PIC of your latest purchase [bike related only]-img_0496.jpg  

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BuickGN View Post
    any pics of the whole bike ?

mtbr member
    My brand new ride -

Post a PIC of your latest purchase [bike related only]-img_2288-large-.jpg

Merida One Sixty 7 600

Am definitely going to have to invest in some black pedals though, as the white ones clash something terrible!

Looking forward to giving it a good ride this weekend.
    Last edited by Kiwiplague; 01-06-2016 at 02:07 AM.
    I don't crash, I just have slightly uncontrolled dismounts!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwiplague View Post

Am definitely going to have to invest in some black pedals though, as the white ones clash something terrible!

^can't see the pedals while you're riding!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by J.B. Weld View Post
    ^can't see the pedals while you're riding!
    True, but they are rather bugging me though!

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwiplague View Post
    True, but they are rather bugging me though!
    I like the contrast.

In my opinion a color cordinated bike looks better with 3 or 4 colors working together rather than a bland 2.
    ---------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)
    ************^^^^\_(ツ)_/

mtbr member
    Could be worth getting a few more white things to put on there then...

Brand Ambassador Moderator
    Too bad they are clipless. My new bike is black and white down to the WHITE SPOKES. White pedals would work for me. lol

Brand Ambassador Moderator
    This week has been good to me.

Lots of great deals found on Pinkbike and Craigslist!

Royal Racing clothes (very lightly used on PB)
    Post a PIC of your latest purchase [bike related only]-2016-01-02-09.14.20.jpg

Fox Launch Enduro knee guards from awesome LBS
    Post a PIC of your latest purchase [bike related only]-2016-01-06-18.53.59.jpg

Trail Boss 2.25 and 2.4 Tough/Fast Rolling for $35ea. brand new on PB
    Post a PIC of your latest purchase [bike related only]-2016-01-06-18.54.28.jpg

Pearl Izumi Summit shorts and bib ($15 from awesome seller on PB)
    Post a PIC of your latest purchase [bike related only]-2016-01-06-18.55.19.jpg

used Redline Recon for the little guy to use on our local pump tracks (Craigslist)
    Post a PIC of your latest purchase [bike related only]-2016-01-06-18.56.09.jpg

mtbr member
    GD post for the Mukluk
    Post a PIC of your latest purchase [bike related only]-6a3a3a17-fc91-4aaf-be68-b9b4dafcd22f_zpsc38iyvuw.jpg
    Post a PIC of your latest purchase [bike related only]-dd32509b-38ea-41d5-ad55-7f6b97909905_zps32jvbx8u.jpg

Just got some 42mm wide carbon hoops laced to Hope hubs for the Stache. No pics yet.
    Last edited by Captain_America1976; 01-12-2016 at 10:51 AM.

mtbr member
    Got tired of rebuilding Eggbeaters every 6 weeks and made the switch to XT pedals. Also got my 120mm Pike 29er mounted up.

Post a PIC of your latest purchase [bike related only]-12439048_10205517280467164_8326727933786365819_n.jpg
    Post a PIC of your latest purchase [bike related only]-12508927_10205517598755121_739786555365798114_n.jpg

n00b
    Cant wait to make the back end of my Cobia better. It's so haggard right now.

Easton Arc 27
    Maxxis Ardent 2.25 EXO TLR
    SRAM 1071 chain
    Shimano XT rear derailleur 10sp
    Shimano XT shifter
    Shimano XT 11-36 cassette
    Shimano XT bottom bracket
    Shimano XT crank
    Race Face 32t narrow wide
    Bikehubstore MTB270
    Sapim Race spokes black
    Sapim brass nipples
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post a PIC of your latest purchase [bike related only]-screenshot_2016-01-05-17-30-10-1.jpg  

instagram@krigloch

Well that should do it. ^^
    ---------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)
    ************^^^^\_(ツ)_/

the half breed devil
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    Well that should do it. ^^
    ain't that the truth.

n00b

Too bad the fork is fairly garbage.
    Next purchase is a Yelli Screamy frame.
    instagram@krigloch

the half breed devil
    Quote Originally Posted by Krigloch View Post

Too bad the fork is fairly garbage.
    i've been going pretty wild over the past few months upgrading my ageing hardtail, too.

since late november, i've replaced the fork, bars, seatpost, stem and crankset to the tune of about $1100. i would imagine that the pivot on my rear derailleur is getting tired as well...

i could get a ritchey P-29 for that kind of money...

n00b
    Ouch!

Sent from my R2 unit
    instagram@krigloch

mtbr member
    I thought about one of those, too, just not sure it would actually be better for the majority of my riding.

It's probably gonna get a SS conversion whenever I get another bike, but I've already replaced everything on my Cobia except the seat, and am almost to the point of upgrading the upgrades(RCT3 dampers for the Reba fork, 36T upgrade for DT hub, etc) just to have something to mess with

n00b
    I know it will be a while before it's all finished. But I'm so excited just to get the frame. Probably going with the Ano Orange

Sent from my R2 unit
    instagram@krigloch

mtbr member
    I know it will be a while before it's all finished. But I'm so excited just to get the frame. Probably going with the Ano Orange

Sent from my R2 unit
    I know the feeling, I'm squirreling away money for an EPO. The Yelli is sweet too.

mtbr member

Post a PIC of your latest purchase [bike related only]

A set of biests:

Hopefully they're just reasonably priced insurance that winter stays away from southeast mass this year and I can put fast tires on again in the spring.
    Last edited by Chippertheripper; 01-09-2016 at 03:26 AM.

n00b
    Quote Originally Posted by mestapho View Post
    I know the feeling, I'm squirreling away money for an EPO. The Yelli is sweet too.
    Man I wish
    too steep for my blood. So the Yelli will have to do. Which I am A OK with
    instagram@krigloch

mtbr member
    Picked up a Kuat Transfer 2 at the LBS, unfortunately I'm not a winter rider so she'll wait till spring.

mtbr member
    Santa brought me a SRAM X1 11-speed drive train, with an XT 11-40T cassette.

Post a PIC of your latest purchase [bike related only]-2-min.jpg

6FREEK
    Santa was good even if a bit late! Fattie got some Renthal Fatbar Lite 740mm w/ 30 rise should help keep me out of the trees a little, a Mucky fender, Expedo Spry flats and some Fox Glubs!............ All absolute necessities, of course.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post a PIC of your latest purchase [bike related only]-expedos.jpg  

Post a PIC of your latest purchase [bike related only]-fatbars-front.jpg  

Post a PIC of your latest purchase [bike related only]-mucky.jpg  

Post a PIC of your latest purchase [bike related only]-foxpaws.jpg  

Post a PIC of your latest purchase [bike related only]-fattie-munson.jpg  

2016 Stumpjumper FSR Comp 6Fattie
    "Pain is just fear leaving your body"..........somebody who gets it

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by D Bone View Post
    Santa brought me a SRAM X1 11-speed drive train, with an XT 11-40T cassette.

Name:	2-min.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	164.9 KB 
ID:	1041476
    that's tight ! what chain is that ?

Quote Originally Posted by johnD View Post
    Are you saying his chain is too tight?
    OR
    "that's tight" as in "that's bad ass"?
    ---------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)
    ************^^^^\_(ツ)_/

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    Are you saying his chain is too tight?
    OR
    "that's tight" as in "that's bad ass"?
    the latter...how could the chain be too tight ??

mtbr member
    150mm Air Spring for the front of my Remedy 29er
    Post a PIC of your latest purchase [bike related only]-img_20160109_185918-large-.jpg
    2014 Trek Slash 8
    2014 Trek Superfly FS 8 -Sold
    2016 Trek Remedy 9
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MEfLAZIWAU-My Trail Dog

mtbr member
    K-Edge adjustable stem cap mount for Garmin.

Name:  41+NgaJs9qL.jpg
Views: 408
Size:  19.7 KB

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    A few new bits for my 2013 Santa Cruz Solo.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by johnD View Post
    Thanks! It's a SRAM PC-X1

1×11 speed chains | Peter Verdone Designs

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by D Bone View Post
    thx D Bone for the link , looks good.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by FLN75S View Post
    150mm Air Spring for the front of my Remedy 29er

Name:	IMG_20160109_185918 (Large).jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	150.3 KB 
ID:	1042038
    Sorry I know this thread is for pics of purchases but ....
    That's Nice Man !! And I gotta say seeing that picture is torture haha. I have one I'm paying on and I cannot wait for to get it . If you don't mind me asking how tall are you ,? And what size did you go with . You can pm me so I don't ruin the thread thanks ...