Page 130 of 173 FirstFirst ... 3080120126127128129130131132133134140 ... LastLast
Results 6,451 to 6,500 of 8622
    mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by HitmenOnlyInc View Post
    Picked up a Hans Dampf TLR Snakeskin for $40. One of the easiest tires I've mounted tubeless. My first HD, we'll see how it goes.
    I'd route that brake cable between the fork and wheel, it's likely to get snagged on something how it's routed now.

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    My new 2014 Lapierre Spicy 527. Now if only the snow would melt!

Post a PIC of your latest purchase [bike related only]-image.jpg

Norðwegr

RWC kit for my Atlas build.

Quote Originally Posted by mayonays View Post
    I'd route that brake cable between the fork and wheel, it's likely to get snagged on something how it's routed now.
    Yes and no, your legs and cranks stick just as far out. Granted better safe than sorry
    WTB:

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Post a PIC of your latest purchase [bike related only]-rsz_img_2758.jpg

The Original Suspect
    Quote Originally Posted by mayonays View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion. Have you seen where I ride? Unless a giant saguaro suddenly jumps out at me, I think it is very unlikely it will get snagged.

mtbr member

Hope

Cannondale His & Hers...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post a PIC of your latest purchase [bike related only]-7.jpg  

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    Post a PIC of your latest purchase [bike related only]-pitch2-2015.jpg

Easton Grips
    Deore Crankset
    Epicon Fork
    Zefal Saddle Bag
    Giyo Pump

Looking to add something violet and Red to make it look like the Joker

Armature speller
    Sep 2004

Post a PIC of your latest purchase [bike related only]

Prepping it for next weekend's race.
    New Funn Flame On flat bars, Ardent front, Ikon rear, brake pads.

Last edited by NordieBoy; 02-07-2015 at 11:24 AM.

mtbr member

Re: Post a PIC of your latest purchase [bike related only]

New Conti TK 2.4 (650b) on board

Post a PIC of your latest purchase [bike related only]-uploadfromtaptalk1423300580459.jpg

-------------------------------------
    Opinions are like A-holes... everybody
    has one & they're usually full of...??
    to err is human... to face plant is frickin hilarious!!

mtbr member
    Barfly 3.0 for my Garmin gps
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post a PIC of your latest purchase [bike related only]-fullsizerender.jpg  

mtbr member

A freebie from the area Giro rep!

Had to flat black the underside of the visor to eliminate the neon glow.
    Here is the thing about equality, everyone's equal when they're dead. - Gavroche, Les Misérables

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    My new purchase after its first ride
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post a PIC of your latest purchase [bike related only]-img_1629.jpg  

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by fuel15 View Post
    My new purchase after its first ride
    The pictures isn't big enough to make out what's going on, but it looks like either total rear shock failure, or there's a frame break around that area. Are those zip ties holding it together???

Either way, just one would not cover that situation for me!

the half breed devil
    didn't realize that i had worn front and rear damn near to nubs...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post a PIC of your latest purchase [bike related only]-20150207_105250.jpg  

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by NWAtrailyguy View Post
    The pictures isn't big enough to make out what's going on, but it looks like either total rear shock failure, or there's a frame break around that area. Are those zip ties holding it together???

Either way, just one would not cover that situation for me!

Sorry about the photo size. Yes it's missing the rear shock as it failed on its first ride.

I've owned it a month in a few days and it's been ridden for a total of 30minutes. And I'm paying the labour content to have the shock removed for warranty. Not happy is an understatement

Finally!
    That's brutal. My LBS includes 1 yr full service with their sale. That way there is no labour anything for a year even on adjustments for break in. I would complain a bit more because realistically you shouldn't be paying for a failure like that. Nice bike though! !

stoked gnar shred
    wow fuel15. I suggest you do not pay a dime.
    abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz0123456789

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by tylerw View Post
    wow fuel15. I suggest you do not pay a dime.
    Especially considering it probably took them all of 5 minutes to remove it and put the zip ties on.
    Here is the thing about equality, everyone's equal when they're dead. - Gavroche, Les Misérables

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    if they charge you I not buy anything from them and get service some place else.

Reluctant Tree Hugger
    Mach 6. Seatpost installation in progress.

Post a PIC of your latest purchase [bike related only]-pivot-2.jpg
    Live like there's no tomorrow. But pay your bills just in case there is.

The Original Suspect
    Quote Originally Posted by Saladin View Post
    Mach 6. Seatpost installation in progress.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pivot 2.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	139.8 KB 
ID:	962657
    Lube it up and slide it in!

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Terranaut View Post
    That's brutal. My LBS includes 1 yr full service with their sale. That way there is no labour anything for a year even on adjustments for break in. I would complain a bit more because realistically you shouldn't be paying for a failure like that. Nice bike though! !
    I'm glad its just not me that thinks that is crap service and wrong to charge over what I believe to be a faulty shock from brand new. Wrong from both Trek and the local Trek shop. Yes the Warranty states parts only but really when a part can't last more than 30 mins?? WTF Trek? By the way I'm 43yo and ride pretty tame or abuse isn't a factor.

Unfortunately I have already paid the $65 for the shop to remove and send the shock away. Really ...its 10 mins max. The local Trek bike shop informed me that if I was to remove the shock myself I would void the warranty on the "whole bike" Hence why I paid the fee. Can anyone tell me if this is the case especially you guys in Australia? It sounds like the local bike shop is boosting sales?? Or Trek use this to avoid warranty claims? interested to hear the truth.

If feel ripped off and it's wrong in principal. You expect better after sales service when you buy a 3 grand plus RRP bike. Word of mouth is good advertising .... or very bad.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    I'm glad its just not me that thinks that is crap service and wrong to charge over what I believe to be a faulty shock from brand new. Wrong from both Trek and the local Trek shop. Yes the Warranty states parts only but really when a part can't last more than 30 mins?? WTF Trek? By the way I'm 43yo and ride pretty tame or abuse isn't a factor.

Unfortunately I have already paid the $65 for the shop to remove and send the shock away. Really ...its 10 mins max. The local Trek bike shop informed me that if I was to remove the shock myself I would void the warranty on the "whole bike" Hence why I paid the fee. Can anyone tell me if this is the case especially you guys in Australia? It sounds like the local bike shop is boosting sales?? Or Trek use this to avoid warranty claims? interested to hear the truth.

If feel ripped off and it's wrong in principal. You expect better after sales service when you buy a 3 grand plus RRP bike. Word of mouth is good advertising .... or very bad.
    At a minimum, it's a poor job of setting the expectations with you. When you bought the bike, if they had said, "Now, the odds are nothing is going to go wrong with the bike, but you have a _____ year warranty. However, if something does go wrong it's our shop policy to charge the labor for removing and re-installing the defective part."

Then...you could have either accepted that, or chosen to go somewhere else. Not only would our local shops where I am in the US NEVER do business like that, they offer free tune ups for a full year after the sale of the bike. I had mine in just yesterday, unannounced, and they helped me add some air to my shocks, and tuned up my shifting.

My guess it it's the only Trek dealer nearby right? You're really going to be unhappy when they tell you it's another $50.00 to put the replacement shock back on the bike. It's at about that time that I would let them know that you're none too impressed, and that you would expect a reputable Trek dealer to do better than that for their customers, and you will be pointing that out to everyone you know. You may also ask them if Trek is aware of your shop policy, and you'll be calling Trek to let them know that your next purchase won't be from this shop, or a Trek product. I would exhaust every avenue as politely as possible.

Heck...for that matter, we have a few local shops will actually TAKE THE BIKE BACK within 30 days if you decide you don't want it...full refund, no questions asked, unless you just abused it.

I can't believe that you were treated like that. Ridiculous.

Finally!
    I would be tempted to call Trek directly. Sounds like youbare getting hosed. Imagine if a car company told you they would only cover the engine but not the labour on a warranty claim? I just don't see it. I think the shop is screwing you over in more ways than one here.

Edit: try here
    http://www.trekbikes.com/au/en/support/contact/

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    ya most bike stores have a deal with the manufacturer. they buy the bikes cheap but they give the 1 yr tune and warranty, I would do as said contact the manufactor. and how can they void the warranty. car dealers don't even do that. if they find that its your fault in the part then they void that parts warranty not the whole car. guy just using it as a leverage for you to bring it in. I start to learn how to repair and do things on that bike and tell that bike store to go.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    I would be tempted to call Trek directly. Sounds like youbare getting hosed. Imagine if a car company told you they would only cover the engine but not the labour on a warranty claim? I just don't see it. I think the shop is screwing you over in more ways than one here.
    That's a great example you gave here ^^^. I think that's very sound advice, even if it gets you nowhere. One issue may be...even getting a phone number for Trek. I couldn't even find how to call Giant direct which is a BIG PART of why I own a Bandit and not a Trance.

One would think that Trek would want to align themselves with good shops that will be ambassadors for their brand. That's not cutting it for that goal. Studies show that a negative experience will result in the affected party telling 10 people. It's definitely worthwhile to at least let the shop know that you intend to speak with Trek directly about your experience.

Think about it...it's here on the board, and who knows how many people have read this. If Trek doesn't make it right for you, then there are some people here who will definitely have a negative impression of their company, even though the impetus may be on the local shop to make that right. Perception can be a ____tch.

mtbr member
    Feb 2015

No good

Quote Originally Posted by NWAtrailyguy View Post
    At a minimum, it's a poor job of setting the expectations with you. When you bought the bike, if they had said, "Now, the odds are nothing is going to go wrong with the bike, but you have a _____ year warranty. However, if something does go wrong it's our shop policy to charge the labor for removing and re-installing the defective part."

Then...you could have either accepted that, or chosen to go somewhere else. Not only would our local shops where I am in the US NEVER do business like that, they offer free tune ups for a full year after the sale of the bike. I had mine in just yesterday, unannounced, and they helped me add some air to my shocks, and tuned up my shifting.

My guess it it's the only Trek dealer nearby right? You're really going to be unhappy when they tell you it's another $50.00 to put the replacement shock back on the bike. It's at about that time that I would let them know that you're none too impressed, and that you would expect a reputable Trek dealer to do better than that for their customers, and you will be pointing that out to everyone you know. You may also ask them if Trek is aware of your shop policy, and you'll be calling Trek to let them know that your next purchase won't be from this shop, or a Trek product. I would exhaust every avenue as politely as possible.

Heck...for that matter, we have a few local shops will actually TAKE THE BIKE BACK within 30 days if you decide you don't want it...full refund, no questions asked, unless you just abused it.

I can't believe that you were treated like that. Ridiculous.

It sounds like Trek in America is run so much better than here! Mind you "Trek Yellow Jersey" in Brisbane and Ipswich are awesome to deal with and I would highly recommend them. But where I live you are 100% right with it being the only Trek dealer for miles.

I'm at the stage where it wouldn't surprise me is they charged me to refit the shock too. I think these shops forget about forums and they also forget we talk with our mates and other guys and girls that you meet out on the trails. We all work hard for our money and I don't mind spending money if I get treated well as a consumer.

But screw us over and we share our experiences. You have prompted me that I should contact Trek Australia and see if they if they even care?

Finally!
    I would also let Trek know that if charging labour is their Australian policy that you will not be purchasing their product again. I doubt it is and that this is strictly the shop screwing with you. I also doubt you touching the bike would void the warranty. Where would they draw the line on that? Quick release a wheel and you are no longer covered? Nonsense.

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    I would also let Trek know that if charging labour is their Australian policy that you will not be purchasing their product again. I doubt it is and that this is strictly the shop screwing with you. I also doubt you touching the bike would void the warranty. Where would they draw the line on that? Quick release a wheel and you are no longer covered? Nonsense.
    I actually said the same to the bike shop. So if i remove anything is my warranty voided? The answer I received was that if you aren't a bike mechanic then removing components will void the warranty on the entire bike. Absolutely Ridiculous. I can only imagine what they would charge me to assemble a bike with a replacement frame if the worst was to happen. Maybe cheaper to buy a new bike. I will be sure to post Trek Australia's response.

mtbr member
    Dec 2014

Got these two products coming in the post any day now

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Well couple new things, new (and first wheel build myself) wheelset and new m615 brakes. Cant believe how much better they are then my old m445s!!!

For the poor guy with the Failed Trek Fuel, Trek USA at least doesnt play any of those games, 30 day return policy, warranty is no charge labor, and no such thing as "void warranty" if you change anything because your not a bike shop, as long as you are competent. Cant believe Trek as a company is OK with that kind of garbage, have a brand new bike that has a rear shock practically explode and treat a customer like that. Definately contact Trek directly about that, get your bike fixed and NEVER use that dealer again for ANYTHING.
    Trek Marlin 29er

Like It, Love It, Want Some More Of It!

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    Just emailed Trek Australia... Interested to see what their customer service is like.

Will keep you posted.
    2015 Trek Fuel EX8 27.5
    2013 Trek Superfly hardtail

2013 BMC Team Elite hardtail

Finally!
    I am willing to bet the shop hears about this right away. I can't see Trek supporting this robbery in any way.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    There is no formal qualificAtion for bike mechanic in Australia. That is rubbish if you do maitenance or change the parts you will void the warranty.

Have you actually read the fine print that came with your bike?

I won't buy trek bikes in Australia I got a friend you has been having regular problem with his rear shock. The rear shock blew 6 times.

mtbr member

The new Bell Super 2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ride bikes
    Picked these up for cheap from my good buddy who just upgraded to X01

Basically brand new XT cassette, 40t and 16t one up cogs, and gold kmc chain. $60.
    Now I just need a bigger front ring.
    '14 Marin Attack Trail C-XT9
    '08 Monocog 29 SS-Stolen
    '13 Marin MV XM7-Stolen

mtbr member
    Today is a good day.

Chain Reaction's standard (free) shipping took less than a week to get to Florida.

ENDO!!!
    Picked up a crossbike and a workstand.

Post a PIC of your latest purchase [bike related only]-ncm_0275.jpg
    Just circles turning circles....

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Post a PIC of your latest purchase [bike related only]-g000176d.jpg

Just waiting for them to arrive in the post!!

mtbr member
    2x10 in 5min..

Post a PIC of your latest purchase [bike related only]-img-20150210-01334.jpg

I never use the big ring... well not on purpose =

Post a PIC of your latest purchase [bike related only]-img-20150210-01335.jpg

Rookie move ^^ transition from fast to a hill climb for whatever reason my left hand fubared me and pushed my FD into the 42T at the same time my right hand shot the cassette to 36T = CRUNCH jammed my "new" RD into and pass the 36T cog, Boooo "CROSSCHAINING to the max" ( I set my chain length "tight") see the gouge??!! @($*%&&%@&%@)

NO MORE!!!

RIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Ride MORE = Live Longer
    Love Dirt / Hate Pavement

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by rave81 View Post
    There is no formal qualificAtion for bike mechanic in Australia. That is rubbish if you do maitenance or change the parts you will void the warranty.

Have you actually read the fine print that came with your bike?

I won't buy trek bikes in Australia I got a friend you has been having regular problem with his rear shock. The rear shock blew 6 times.

No I haven't read the fine print yet. Hopefully I hear something back from Trek soon.

Would be nice to get out on the trails for my second ride on my new "repaired" bike.
    2015 Trek Fuel EX8 27.5

mtbr member
    New (to me) RP23 for the full suspension and new brakes for the fatty.

Post a PIC of your latest purchase [bike related only]-0210151611.jpgPost a PIC of your latest purchase [bike related only]-0210151612.jpgPost a PIC of your latest purchase [bike related only]-0210151914%7E2.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post a PIC of your latest purchase [bike related only]-0210151612.jpg  

mtbr member

$65 for removing a shock?!?!? that LITERALLY takes less than a minute. it seriously takes one hex wrench to remove 2 bolts. thats it.
    and voiding a warranty because a customer removed a shock??? just no. that is 100% horse****.

they are bending you over and if they didnt refund my money (MAYBE I can understand them charging you shipping to Trek, so like, $10), I'd be letting everyone I know what a screwjob this shop did to you. sorry man. hope you get your bike fixed and your money back.

mtbr member
    Hi.

New shoes. For now, surprised by their weight.
    Very hard to find these in Europe

" width="549">

" width="549">

mtbr member

Ordered this, with some stans iron crosses (for road duty) and studded tires for the stock wheels.

Winter can choke on a (you know what).

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippertheripper View Post
    Ordered this, with some stans iron crosses (for road duty) and studded tires for the stock wheels.

Winter can choke on a (you know what).
    Be careful with the Iron Crosses for the road - they are rated for max PSI of 45

mtbr member
    Dec 2012

Xx1 green grips and a mean rear light

mtbr member
    SLX M675 Crankset, Race Face 30T and WolfTooth chainring bolts:

Post a PIC of your latest purchase [bike related only]-1.jpg

Finally!
    Just emailed Trek Australia... Interested to see what their customer service is like.

Will keep you posted.
    Any luck yet?

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    I am willing to bet the shop hears about this right away. I can't see Trek supporting this robbery in any way.
    Hmm two days and two emails to Trek Australia and no response. Either they are run off their feet with Warranty claims or don't care about their customers. I was hoping to be able to say how great Trek were in their response.
    2015 Trek Fuel EX8 27.5