Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    52

    Poison Bushes Passion

    Tonight I and my daughter were out on a short ride a couple of miles from the house on a trail that runs along the river. Well, we finish the first trip though and back and my daughter says "Can we do it again?". What kind of dad would I be if I said no to a little more exercise. On our way back into the trail system I was explaining how to go over a particular log obstacle and told her to just watch me...

    Well I don't know exactly what happened but I ended up on the ground soaking up the oil from the poison oak that carpets the area. As soon as I landed I knew that I was going to need some Technu. Luckily I have a close friend that works at Tec-Labs as a quality control tech and brings some samples by every now and then.

    I will take poison plants over poison snakes any day of the week.

    Here she is towards the end of the ride. I know its a dreaded Walligoose, I have a Giant frame I am slowly building up for her. Hopefully it will be done on time for my planned visit to the Mackenzie River Trail in a month or so.


  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    713
    Not good. I'm not alergic to poison oak/ivy. When I was a kid I was at church camp and a friend and I were waiting for lunch and we were picking leaves off this plant by a tree. The counselor came up and said, "You know that's poison oak." The next day, my friend swelled up like Oprah at a buffet. I was fine. He had to go home.
    If my dad looks at it he'll break out.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    57
    a plant called "giant hogweed"has been spotted in eastern canada and north eastern u.s. it is native to n.europe and rusia it is a noxious weed and far more toxic than any other plant in n.amarica
    look it up on Wikipedia so you know what to look for and if you see any write down the gps coordinates and the report it to your local conservation society and see if they will come and remove them.
    this plant will spread quickly and will destroy your trail and will do real damage to you if you come in contact with it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •