Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Pisgah First 05 Ride

1K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  M-U-M 
#1 ·
Rode Lwr Trace Ridge/Laurel Mountain/Big Creek/Yellow Gap wanted to share the ride.

some awesome views!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Mo Laurel Mtn Trail Pix

this was a kick a s s ride 19 miles and going down Big creek the Downhill was 1500ft in just over a mile...it was steep!

Attachments

#3 ·
Even More Pictures

yeah here are some more pix...and the we had to cross that damn creek 8 -10 times lost count...even though the temps were mild that water was cold! ask Jamie he fell in completely after the first mile of riding.

Attachments

#7 ·
Mild temps make for Good Ride!

mid 50's all day...Started sheading layers as we climbed...Yeah Laurel Mountain is an awesome ride and was in great shape...most all of the downed trees have been removed...there was some slick wet muddy rocks here and there but evrything was pretty much rideable...the climb up Sassafrass Mtn was brutal...but again rideable.

That descent down Big creek was Insane i endo'd twice down the first stretch thru the mtn laurels nice cushy landing each time...1500 ft in a mile was wild...arms/hands were screaming at the bottom!

#12 ·
Ah, memories!

One of the few times I forgot to wear my whistle, I slid off a wet root at the worst possible place on Big Creek and ended up hanging sideways - attached to my bike - by my Camel strap in a laurel thicket. Luckily, no damage, but I had a heck of a time crawling out of there after my tourist friends went barreling by unaware I was tangled up in the life saving bushes. They discounted my predicament. Heehee. I knew there would be pay back at the river *rt* is crossing.

:D

Great post.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.