Rolling

A picture of progress?

Sprawl face-to-face with the trail in the Albuquerque foothills.

There was an ironic sign not to far ahead on the left, (across from the home there in the distance) that reads "Trail closed for re-growth."

Despite the downer, Abq had excellent riding weather over xmas.

There's no app for this.

severe stupidity knows no

boundaries. While trail advocates fought over horses/erosion/bikes/hikers, the land was purchased for golf. New homes are 1.3M and up near it. It sits on some of the original NS trails on the bottom of Mt. Seymour.

Opened in 1997 and named by Golf Digest as Runner-Up Best New Course in Canada for 1998.,Cut-out of a 100 year old mountainside forest, the golf course was designed by Les Furber, Canadian golf architect renowned for his work on mountainside courses.

Someone a few years back did the calcs here on a 2' wide trail, vs an 18 hole GC. I think I recall we had a LOT of 2' wide trail for the same footprint. And heck, our houses at trailside would be waaaaaayyyy less than $1.3M.

Jim

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Going through the same thing in Maine, but I realize they have to live somewhere and where I live now was probably thought of as encroaching someones wildlife area at some time.

ride hard take risks
    Really suxs, man takes away from the animals & from themself. It bugs me when i hear about people concerned about Cougar attack, Snake invassion, wild crazed Deer gee lets see build houses, golf courses, tear down schools for more houses, where do these moorons think these animals that were here first are supposted to go? Guess we will kill them all off so we can have lots of houses & only see animals in the zoo.

desert dweller
    We have the same problems here. While trail users are fighting over the trails the developers are bulldozing them right under our noses. It is espesially true in Bootleg Canyon. Naturalists, hikers and various mountain bike factions are fighting over the trails and blowing smoke up each others rear ends while cities like Henderson are chomping at the bit anex more land for future housing developments and roads on the doorstep of our trail system. Come on guys we're gettng so stuck on our own little pulpits that the rest of the world is swallowing us whole.

mbb

mtbr member
    they keep getting closer don't they. I can't imagine the amount of change that you have seen since the time you grew up there.

Given that the weather finally coorperated with you....did you get to ride the Mesa's????
    b

Reviewer/Tester

Upset Same....same..

It's the same situation here in AU. Some of the trails we pioneered many years ago have completely disappeared, swallowed up by the developers and housing..etc..

It's sad to go back to some of the old locations and see what they have done to the bushland. Every year, they clear more of the natural trails and bush and build more houses.

The developers don't care, they just want to make more money.

Some of the trails that I ride regularly now have houses overlooking the trail, or even almost blocking it. It's pretty sicko the way we are losing our bushlands so fast.

R.
    It is inevitable ...

Caseyls
    Nothing that a fire bomb can't fix, oh wait thats illegal. Uh that sucks sorry dude

Hup, Hup
    The unfortunate thing is that many people feel that they can never have enough golf courses.
    '06 Cannondale Cross
    '08 Cannondale Cross
    '08 Cannondale Scalpel Team
    '07 Cannondale SystemSix Team

mtbr member
    Check out Palm Springs in California. They have so many golf courses there that it now gets humid in the desert.
    功夫大师喜欢骑着他的自行车在山上。

E !

That sux indeed

All this is really getting out of hand. Kinda related, Check out these guys(maybe someone here.) E.L.F.
    I caught some of the stories before i just pulled up this website. I don't recomend anything this extreme myself.http://www.earthliberationfront.com/
    the - E - dog

Rolling
    Quote Originally Posted by brianc
    Given that the weather finally coorperated with you....did you get to ride the Mesa's????
    I'm not s'pose to talk about that lucy! But lets say the red one gave me a big "O" and Renee got it in the rear from some lovely NM Prickly Pear! :-O. Good times for all!

Bandolero

Big Rocks

Whenever I go by there, I wonder what'll happen when we get some torrential downpours and crap starts sliding down the foothills.
    See the trails, be one with FOO-MTB.
    Slow-core. -.. .-. .. -. -.- .... --- -- . -... .-. . .--

mtbr member
    Nice. My guess it that the O was worth the wait.

If you happen to link your blog site to a photo dump of your pictures Please don't let me know. =)
    b

Elitest thrill junkie
    As long as we keep having children, we'll keep having to find new places for them to reside.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.