Combat Wombat

Photo posting question.

Ok, I feel like a Fred for asking this but here it goes, can someone please tell me the "exact" procedure for inserting photos into posts on this forum. I checked the FAQs and found nothing. I have also done a search and have found where others have asked this question in the past, but the replies seem to assume the person asking already has a pretty good idea on how the process is done. Some guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Brian

Don't worry, be happy!
    two ways to do it, Fred.

1. use the attachment feature that is below the posting window that you type things into. This is how you upload photos from your computer; sizes are limited. It's the usual drop down browse file procedure.

2. Above the posting window where you type your reply there are icons. If you have photos loaded onto a server that have a URL, click on the little yellow icon that has a picture of a mountain on and follow the steps to paste in the url of the photo.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004

Ditto

mtbr member

Idea!

I was getting "document has no data" or "file's too large" errors til I resized my pics with less pixels, then attached.

Don't worry, be happy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelon
    about what?

Slowpoke
    Will that add pics to your post as you type (so you can have text above each one as you scroll down)?
    I'm new to digital cameras but having just got one would like to start posting pics.
    Also, is there a site that I can go to download program to resize my pics?

govt kontrakt projkt mgr

y yes..

the sites name is Google and it will allow you to find a free program to resize pix as well as point you to bazillions of other useful morsels--happy searching. Enjoy the cam.

Quote Originally Posted by Roland
    Will that add pics to your post as you type (so you can have text above each one as you scroll down)?
    I'm new to digital cameras but having just got one would like to start posting pics.
    Also, is there a site that I can go to download program to resize my pics?

Slowpoke
    Google huh
    Thanks
    I should've thought of that

If your digital camera came with software, it might include a resizing function.
    "...the people get the government they deserve..."
    suum quique

Don't worry, be happy!
    even office has a basic photo editor.

For inserting your photos inline, as part of a ride report, it's much easier to have them on a server somewhere, and use the image tag as desired. I have found that combining attachments with text is a little more tricky.

Slowpoke

Good job!

You're right, thanks for your help.
    Sorry for the newbie questions but this digital camera stuff is new to me(and I thought it might fit in to this thread).