Kathleen in AZ

Phoenix event next weekend - the Squealer!

Hi All,

I'm posting a note for Jim Wilcox, organizer of great Phoenix mtn bike events including the Squealer on Easter weekend and Flight of the Pigs on Thanksgiving break.

The Squealer is next Saturday, April 10. It is an awesome low-key "race" at South Mountain Park from one end of National to the other, with an egg hunt somewhere in the middle along the trail. Everyone waits until the last person crosses the finish line into San Juan parking area at the west end of the park and then rides back together to the Las Lomitas ramada (yup, same one where we had the Spring Fling party). At the ramada, your $10 will buy you lunch and beer, and awards are presented. It's a great, not-to-be-missed event!!

As it now stands, there are still plenty of spots for the Squealer. Check out the info on www.flightofthepigs.com, and let Jim know if you are going to participate!

Hope to see some of you out there next Saturday,
    Kathleen

p.s. I hope it goes without saying that all participants need to be in decent shape and have good technical skills to tackle this one. National is not for beginners.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

A great event!

I have done it several times and look forward to doing it again this year. It is a tough trail, but it is amazing how fast people can do it when they put their minds to it. It is not just for racers . . . any good rider will enjoy that day.