Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    EMBA Member

The Peanut Butter thread

I love peanut butter. Chunk style is best but creamy is good also. Sometimes I have peanut butter sandwiches for breakfast, and sometimes for dinner. Lunchtime also obviously. When I go on long rides, I love a peanut butter and jam sandwich mid-ride. The taste is incredible and it gives a nice energy boost.

In the past, I was a skippy guy, but my wife brought home some Kirkland Signature all natural peanut butter and I have to say, I'm a convert.

What's your favorite peanut butter? Any peanut butter lovers out there?

Name:  Kirkland-Peanut-Butter-from-Costco.jpg
Views: 36873
Size:  59.8 KB

mtbr member
    I think you're NUTS lol...

SPP
    Rigid.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I love peanut butter! I typically buy Skippy natural super chunk, but Naturally More creamy PB is great, and their almond butter is amazing. I have a jar of Eastwind Cashew butter, but I'm not too big a fan of that.

mtbr member
    I'm not picky, I'll buy whatever is on sale at the time. PB&J with a glass of milk.....yum!

mtbr member
    Smuckers natural creamy
    13 Banshee Rune, Pushed Fox 36Float RC2, I9 Blunt35's

T1 barcode, pitchfork's, Hazard light's and profile's

nOOb
    May 2008
    I eat whatever she buys, the brand with honey in it is good. I love to buy Hershey's miniatures and just dunk them in peanut butter and sit in the kitchen and just yuck it up. You gotta cleanse the palate with a soda cracker before you swig your beer though.

Interplanetary Poultry
    The big thing in my house is crunchy peanut butter on apple slices. Of course, some crunchy peanut butter with fresh grape jam on homemade honey wheat bread is right up there. . . . .
    Editor In Chief, "Internet Tough Guy Magazine"
    "Home of Chuck Norris' Keyboard"

pin it
    I like natural peanut butter. My preference though is natural almond butter, crunchy or smooth. I could have it every morning on toast Yum!
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

mtbr member
    I ate pb&j consistently for the past 7 years or so for lunch. I recently cut bread out of my diet and now it PB with apples. so freaking good.
    Ask me about Evansburg State Park
    Trail days. 3rd Sunday
    of the month.

mtbr member
    Crunchy !!

Load up a celery stalk and top with raisins.......ants on a stick, YUM

You will be scarred for life if you click my avatar

Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
    Mid-ride peanut butter and bacon sandwich FTW!
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

mtbr member

Re: The Peanut Butter thread

Fluffer Nutter with chunky pb.
    Here is the thing about equality, everyone's equal when they're dead. - Gavroche, Les Misérables

I Ride Bikes
    peanut butter and chocolate.....anything. cake, brownie, cupcake, cookie....etc.
    I like to hug trees at FULL SPEED!

mtbr member
    I thought PB was super high in fat? Have I been missing out????

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazukea View Post
    peanut butter and chocolate.....anything. cake, brownie, cupcake, cookie....etc.
    read something (outside?) which said pb & nutella sandwich was pretty good energy food mid-ride.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by timmaayyy View Post
    I thought PB was super high in fat? Have I been missing out????
    PB is high in fat, but fat is not all bad. One needs some fat in their diet. Also super high in protein. I'm far from an expert, but you could eat a lot worse than Peanut Butter. I agree with so many above. PB is great to pack on longer rides. It is much safer from a food safety standpoint (I am experienced in that regard) that packing meat or mayo for example as far as time and temperature abuse, and is an excellent energy source.

mtbr member
    nothing beats some fresh blueberries on your choice of peanut butter...

turtles make me hot
    Trader Joe's.
    I like turtles

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    peanut butter on gramcrackers has always been a favorite snack of mine. also and english muffin smeared with peanut buttet and drizzled w/ honey.

I used to have this refilliable "toothpaste" looking tube thingy that I bought for backpacking. Filled it with peanut butter.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    PB & J sammies, PB on apples (+1), PB on pancakes w/ honey, PB on banana, but the BEST is just the right sized dab on a perfectly sweet green organic grape and repeat (nom, nom, nom). Not quite to the level of fetish, but close, really close.

Maniac fitness guy/The 4-Hour Body/crazy man Timothy Ferriss noted that peanut butter is like crack for women and I'd have to agree. I know I like PB more than I should & yes, one tablespoon = 200 calories.

Our brand is Laura Scudders All Natural Old Fashioned Peanut Butter (NUTTY!)
    This name makes it sound like happy gentle people in Birkenstocks are harvesting each peanut by hand, shelling them on the porch as they laugh and watch the children playing in the yard in the dappled sunlight, and then grind the peanuts in small batches. But nope, Laura Scudders All Natural Old Fashioned Peanut Butter is part of the J.M. Smucker Company.

Peanut butter is my favorite flavor of frozen yogurt and ice cream shake. mmmmmm!
    "Bigring, that's deep. ...Well, I suspect it is. I didn't read it."

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    I've made the switch from peanut butter to almond butter. What I usually do is go to the local Whole Foods and use one of their almond grinders to make me up some freshly ground almond butter. Then I get some fresh dates, split them lengthwise, take out the pit and then smear some of that almond butter in there. A few of these pre-ride gives me tons of energy. I'll also spread some almond butter on whole wheat tortillas and drizzle with a bit of honey for when I'm craving some sort of dessert after a meal. Love this stuff!

bust a move

Love the stuff

Up until about 2 years ago I never really ate a whole lot of peanut butter. Then I started trying to change things up diet wise and started eating pb & honey sandwiches and taking them on rides. After trying many kinds I landed on this Naturally More pb at wallyworld...it is my favorite by far. It does have flax seeds in it but they are healthy and it tastes awesome so I don't care. I put a giant tablespoon full of it in my oatmeal with blueberries and walnuts for breakfast almost 7 days a week. I also eat a couple of small spoonfulls of it with a glass of almond milk during the day for a snack. I have become a pb eating freak while losing 80 lbs in a little over 2 years.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

mtbr member
    Big scoop of pb in a mug. Microwave 30-45 sec. Fill mug with your choice of ice cream.

Die a happy person.

We may run out of milk, eggs, meat, snacks, fruit... but we never EVER run out of pb. I will not have it.

Almond butter is good too. And peanut sauce on noodles with veggies! Hells. Yes. It all starts with pb.

mk
    TrailWerks Cyclery
    TrailWerks Suspension Service

trailwerkssuspension.com
    trailwerkscyclery.com

Front Range, Colorado
    I love peanut butter, I love dark chocolate. I love peanut butter and dark chocolate. I take dark chocolate chips and throw them in a jar of peanut butter and go to town by the spoonful. Always with a glass of milk of course.

I also pack a p&j sandwich for any lengthy mtb rides.
    ***This thread should be in the Off Camber / Off Topic forum.
    Last edited by DIRTJUNKIE; 09-23-2013 at 04:32 AM.
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)
    ************^^^^^^^Rock Garden

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast