Brass Nipples!

Passionites on Gooseberry 4/30?

I must have seen 50 people on Gooseberry Mesa (Southern Utah) today. Some of the cars even had MTB Review stickers on 'em. Were any mtbr regulars up there? The road to the parking lot is rutted and there were some big mud puddles driving in, but the ride itself was great today. Should be fantastic riding for the next month or so.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    {Principal Skinner} Hmm. Whoever did this is in very deep trouble.
    {Martin} And a sloppy speller too. The preferred spelling of 'wiener' is w - i - e - n - e - r, although 'e - i' is an acceptable ethnic variant.

Ride what you want!!
    I'll be there in a month.

george
    Trogs: Too Tough for Carbon Fiber

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob the Wheelbuilder
    I must have seen 50 people on Gooseberry Mesa (Southern Utah) today.
    Ya, I was up there. What a freakin' zoo! When we left, around 2:00, I had counted over 30 cars between the trailhead parking lot, campsites that I actually saw, the out-house parking lot, and the few that were parked out on the intersection of the two dirt roads. I also witnessed a broken wrist, dislocated finger, seperated shoulder, and an ass full of cactus spines. Hopefully the county gets out and blades the dirt roads before they become absolute disasters. What time did you get up there? I didn't ever see a Moment, anyway we've got to get out and ride one of these days.

Brass Nipples!
    Quote Originally Posted by CrashTheDOG
    Ya, I was up there. What a freakin' zoo! When we left, around 2:00, I had counted over 30 cars between the trailhead parking lot, campsites that I actually saw, the out-house parking lot, and the few that were parked out on the intersection of the two dirt roads. I also witnessed a broken wrist, dislocated finger, seperated shoulder, and an ass full of cactus spines. Hopefully the county gets out and blades the dirt roads before they become absolute disasters. What time did you get up there? I didn't ever see a Moment, anyway we've got to get out and ride one of these days.
    I think I started riding about 2:30. I thought about calling you, but I wasn't sure I was going to be able to go until about 1 pm. I actually have next Saturday off, if you want to try to hook up.
    {Martin} And a sloppy speller too. The preferred spelling of 'wiener' is w - i - e - n - e - r, although 'e - i' is an acceptable ethnic variant.

Young, Shawn Young
    Ive been up there tons of times and have never seen that many people up there. Thats alot of peeps in that area at one time. I like running into people on the trails just curious why it was so busy.
    "Im just going to explore a little bit..."

Dont make me be the bad guy...

Do I need a pass to ride this trail?

Kearsarge crawler
    I was there, then I shook out the cobwebs and found myself still in NH. Job wanted, St G., Hurricane, Springdale doesn't matter as long as i'm there. Well there is this one town that freaked me out, can't remember the name but there wasn't much more than a gas station with a little motel next to it. Anyway looking forward to going back but i'll have just 2 days in the St. G. area before I go to the North Rim.
    Your bike can take you anywhere, anytime, over any terrain but, you have to force it to GK 2004. BB1, who started it?

mtbr member
    St.George has simply become a well known mtb'ing destination with Gooseberry Mesa on the top of the must-ride-trails in the area. Many people ride it on the way to and from Moab. Which would explain why the majority of the out-of-state license plates were from California. Hopefully as IMBA builds and improves the trail network over on Little Creek Mesa it will reduce some of the pressure on Goose.

Mink make sure you PM me next time you're out here again.

34N 118W

was there

yep we arrived maybe around 3, rode for ~ 3 hrs. Some pics over on the SS board.

Greetings from Goose Beery Mesa, UT

Moab then Fruita this week...

HW
    CA plates, mtbr sticker

Team Sanchez
    Hey Bob, I was there with Crash the Dog. We arrived at about 9:00am, and left by 1:15pm. Good times, and great carnage, as Crash explained. I too am sporting a Fox 36RC2. I have about 50 miles on it now. So far so good. I took a 5 footer to flat on Saturday, and did not feel the bottom of the fork. So tasty. Crash says you guys may try and hookup this weekend. I'd love to join you guys. Here's a pic of my bike with 36.
    Team Sanchez; "Always hittin the upper lip"

Flowtronic engineer
    There was a huge posse of Alta locals (mostly patrollers) up there on saturday. I think CraigH was up there, my buddy said he talked to some guy from North Van about pedals.
    I didn't go to to Gooseberry, I was doing other things.....
    I really identify with you...SO MUCH.

"Feelin stupid? I know I am."
    "You just have to forget everything you know about gravity."
    H. Simpson

Brass Nipples!
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chingon
    Hey Bob, I was there with Crash the Dog. We arrived at about 9:00am, and left by 1:15pm. Good times, and great carnage, as Crash explained. I too am sporting a Fox 36RC2. I have about 50 miles on it now. So far so good. I took a 5 footer to flat on Saturday, and did not feel the bottom of the fork. So tasty. Crash says you guys may try and hookup this weekend. I'd love to join you guys. Here's a pic of my bike with 36.
    We're leaving at 8:00. It would be great to meet you. Call Crash or message me.

If anyone else wants to ride in the St. George area this Sat. Contact one of the three of us. We'll probably be riding either Gooseberry again or Little Creek.

Brass Nipples!
    Quote Originally Posted by shabadu
    There was a huge posse of Alta locals (mostly patrollers) up there on saturday. I think CraigH was up there, my buddy said he talked to some guy from North Van about pedals.
    I didn't go to to Gooseberry, I was doing other things.....
    Nice pics. I'd be over my head there for sure. Gooseberry is in the background anyway!

Team Sanchez
    Hey Shabadu, I see you were riding the Monkey, or at least the playground at the bottom. NIce shots. This was taken a month or two ago of my buddy Scott on the same drop.
    Team Sanchez; "Always hittin the upper lip"

jci
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I also witnessed a broken wrist...
    My roomate's friend was the victim of the broken wrist. Maybe I can get that picture from him of his arm. Looks awful even after it was set, so wrong .

Tear it all out! SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by shabadu
    I think CraigH was up there, my buddy said he talked to some guy from North Van about pedals.
    Not me, although there were a lot of BC people wandering around Utah and Colorado then.

(I was over in Fruita on the 30th.)