mtbr member
    Jul 2010

The passion of dreams

I'm relatively new to mountain biking, only been riding about a year, but there is one thing that I have swiftly seen that I am becoming passionate about. I know everyone on this board has the same passion. It's what keeps us doing this day after day a lot of times.

It's the passion of not only living for the moment and thinking about the past, but the dreams of the future. The dream rides. The rides you think about when you're stuck in your cubicle at work, bored off your ass and find yourself daydreaming.

At this point, I can't say I have any grand dreams. No dreams right now of heading to Chile or Spain to ride. I live in Tennessee and most of my dreams are relatively close. I want to head to North Georgia and ride some trails there at some point. My biggest dream came just last year on a trip to Pennsylvania where my wife's family is originally from. My wife *****ed to me about how she hated West Virginia and how as a kid her family drove through there and it was just nothing but mountain after mountain.

We drove through West Virginia and she was right. But my view was a lot different. As we drove through the state with the mountains around us, all I could think about was taking my bike there someday and riding those mountains. She saw boredom and I saw adventure.

So, that's my daydream right now. Head to West Virginia and ride some trails.

What's your daydream?

mtbr member
    You and I are on the same page. I keep thinking about a solo trip to the mountains and get away from everything for a few days. Just me, my bike and a tent. I've got a lot of family in western NC so I may head in that direction, but that might become more of a social trip and defeat the purpose. VA, WV and MD are also on my short list.

It is the simple things in life that keep me going!