mtbr member

Smile Part 7 - Pics from a MTB road trip to SW USA

Day 13 - Sedona - High Line, Baldwin, Templeton, Broken Arrow, llama trail

Today I drove from Cortez to Sedona - I decided not to ride any trails in Cortez as the weather forecast in Sedona was not looking great the next day so i wanted to do a longish ride in sedona before the rain hit.

I headed along slim shady from Oak Creek Village and up the High Line trail

From the End of Highline i headed down the Baldwin trail and then along the creek to the Templeton trail

I almost rode over this critter on the trail

It was getting dark as i got onto the templeton trail

From Templeton i headed along HT and then up Little Horse , and then along the llhama trail

From llama I headed back to Oak Creek Village after doing a circuit of the big park.

Sedona is one of my favorite night riding locations - not must opportunity to get lost and so far i've never felt as if any big critters are out there that might eat me..

Day 14 - Phoenix- Pima & Dynamite

I woke up to find that is was raining hard in Sedona just as had been forecast so I drove down to Phoenix . I wish I had that option back in here in England !!! - the weather has sucked ever since i got back from my trip

It was sunny and warm down in Phoenix, BUT in my Humble opinon the trails really have been messed up by making them official - nasty wide boring tracks when there used to fun single track. I did find some nice trails when i headed east and north out of the official browns ranch area

When not on the dull official trails there is still fun riding to be had out there

As I had my old GPX trails I did check out some of my old favorites which have been dug over at their starts and found that some of the trails still existed - maybe one day they will be brought back into use...

Towards the end of my ride I spotted a few Tralatulas on the trail

Even after the dissapointment of finding that many of my favorite old trails had been trashed or replaced with sanitised boring rubbish, I had found enough good singletrack to have a good time out on the trails in this area. I had to leave earlier than I would have liked as the interstate to flagstaff was due to be closed for blasting out new lanes. Back In sedona It was still raining.
    My MTB road trip website http://www.mtb-hol.com

pin it
    Beautiful pics... the scenery and creatures on the trail.
    Coincidentally, today we were talking to friends who travel to the area every year. We are planning a trip to Sedona in 2014.
    Thanks for sharing your travel experiences
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

Knollician
    Love following your SW trips each year. Being in Phoenix, the Pima/Dynamite area is the absolute last place I would ride. There is so much more quality riding in the McDowells, Hawes, South Mountain and North Mountain. If you are back in the area again, feel free to look me up and I would be glad to show you around.
    "Three balls at once...who knew?" - Cotton McKnight

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Does that tarantula have 9 legs?

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by rippling over canyons View Post
    Yup, if you look carefully you can see the socket for the missing front leg right next to the pedipalp.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rippling over canyons View Post

Actually 7, he is missing one on his right. The two in the front are Pedipalp and not true legs.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Thanks for the info June Bug and clarkrw3.

mtbr member
    Really enjoyed all of the threads from this trip, you covered an amazing amount of places in 14 days. Is there going to be a thread 8? Seems you weren't finished