mtbr member
    Sep 2012

Paint for the ol 5.Spot

I was in the middle of putting new pivots in the ol 05 HL 5.spot, and realized that a co worker at my new job likes to paint low riders, and motorcycles. Ok, well, my old girl could use some new paint, so hurry up and strip the rest of it down, and bring it to work. Today I got it back and I am super stoked! He did a silver metallic under a candy blue with fresh decals, and several clear layers. I had him paint the frame, the stem, and the fork lowers. Check it out! Tomorrow it gets put back together.
    Before...

and the parts ready to go back together... (note new thomson seat post! aw yeah!)

Now hurry up and melt snow!

mtbr member
    That looks really nice! I can't wait to see it put together!

mtbr member
    awesome
    Keep The Rubber Side Down

mtbr member
    The guy who paints, he wouldn't be named Mark and works out of Sacramento? Nice bike! I have an '09 5-spot as well. These things are going to be collectors items, I guess Turner is not making them anymore.

mtbr member
    Looks nice ... looking forward to seeing it built and R2R...

SPP
    Rigid.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Sweet upgrade. Post some pix once it's wrenched up, eh?

The wife just adopted an older HL 5.Spot that was recently repainted by Turner in its original rust red color. Gorgeous. Yours will be unique, tho; have fun.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Ok, I finished up yesterday morning, and then spent a little time today adjusting the shocks, and fine tuning the shifting, and it is running like a top. Here it is. I gotta say, it looks great in the sun.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by zgroove View Post
    The guy who paints, he wouldn't be named Mark and works out of Sacramento? Nice bike! I have an '09 5-spot as well. These things are going to be collectors items, I guess Turner is not making them anymore.
    No, guy is named Armando, in Salt Lake City. He paints a lot of motorcycles, and paints his own cars, he is into low riders, used to have a sweet one, and is working on the frame of his next one now. He said he is willing to paint others, so if anyone is interested in a paint job, let me know I can pass you along to him. He charged me a buck fifty, and he sanded out a couple rough spots on the frame, filled a small dent, primed it, metallic silver base, candy blue, decals, and then clear coated the whole thing. Pretty sweet. I hope it holds up well, we'll see.

mtbr member
    Wow, that looks really good. And the price is more than reasonable. it kinda resembles my '10 5.Spot.

Paint for the ol 5.Spot-549113_4992213037824_1084026825_n.jpg
    I like to ride bikes.